Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 36 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 3, 2010
Find my original review below. This has taught me a lesson, wait weeks or months before posting a review
for home life products. This pillow broke down and turned into a misshapen lump within 2 weeks. It got worse and worse and finally after 4-5 weeks I threw it away. When I removed the THREE fitted covers I had on to keep it protected, and the pillowcase, I found that it had turned yellow and crumbly. My previous one was 3 years old and didn't look this way.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, AVOID~~!!!!

This was a great choice!
From day one my sleep improved. Neck, back and shoulders are in a great position for sleep.
I have a shoulder injury that bothers me at night..with this I do not need an addition small pillow to
rest my shoulder on.

Great design, very comfortable. I never want to be without one!
on July 9, 2010
I originally purchased one of these pillows, and then another a month later for my wife.

The pillow has two different sized "humps" on either side with a depression in the middle for your head to rest in. Basically, if you've never used one of these pillows, you pick whichever "hump" feels better resting your neck on. No matter how you sleep (back, side, stomach, hanging upside-down) all you do is make sure your head lies in the depression and the "hump" is pressing right into your neck.

The pillow comes with a zippered case, but I highly recommend that you use your own pillow case over the included one. It's easier to remove and launder your own case.

I read another review of this pillow (I think it was this one) where the reviewer was complaining about how "lightweight" the pillow felt, even though it says it's a "3-pound" pillow, so he sent it back! *containing my laughter* The pillow's foam density (3 pound) has NOTHING to do with its physical weight. 3-pound density refers to how dense/springy/stiff the pillow feels to your head when compressed by weight. I would call this "medium" in my limited experience with these type of pillows.

Here's the number one downside to this, or I will assume any, foam pillow. The SMELL! The enclosed sheet instructs you to place the pillow in an area to "air out" for 24-48 hours to let the odor subside. This is a complete joke.

Here's what I would do if I were you...

Remove the included cover and wash it -- don't put it back on the pillow yet.

Place the uncovered pillow in a room, or even out on your deck where it can't get wet and LEAVE IT THERE FOR THREE WEEKS! The smell will go away with time.

Place the cover back on the pillow, including your own pillow case, and enjoy.

Obviously, I would buy this pillow again, because I did already.
on January 30, 2010
I bought this for my wife for Christmas. As a matter of fact, I had to send it back to get another one. Then I had to send that one back to get a refund. This pillow has a very powerful stench of petrochemicals, so much that it gave everyone who tried to use it a migraine. Also, a very large flammability warning was on the pillow. Correct me if I am wrong, because I deal with industrial and occupational safety instead of home safety, but isn't all bedding materials supposed to be flame retardant? As always, Amazon was great to work with and gave me a refund.
44 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2009
I had previously bought a foam style matress and found it offered a great deal of firm back support, which is what made me try this pillow for its neck support. Although as other reviewers have mentioned it is NOT a SERTA brand name pillow, it does do the job quite well and I've been very happy with it since day one.

There is a "thick" and a "thin" edge to the pillow to accommodate different body styles since the foam is so supportive. It does not collapse like a down pillow does. I have sleep apnea and it has made a measurable difference in my airway at night to the point that I travel with this in my baggage going to hotels and cruises for a good night's rest guaranteed.

As for potential cons,

My doctor had also tried the foam matresses and found that they were "hot" to him - I have not had that problem with my matress or pillow and think it is a factor of the cover you put over the matress/pillow. I chose a pair of 1000 thread pillowcases from amazon to go with this and have been satisfied with the combination.

Good night and good luck
on December 29, 2007
I have arthritis and disk degeneration in my neck, as well as suffer from muscle spasms in my upper back and neck. This pillow gets the job done as far as giving me the proper support while sleeping in any position and I am no longer being awakened in my sleep with neck pain or bad headaches. I've been sleeping better and longer and am a much happier person since finding a pillow that works for me. I will definitely be ordering additional pillows for travelling and gifts.
on October 20, 2009
I was skeptical about these somewhat pricey pillows but have been having horrible neck pain for several months - with a stiff neck and headache every morning, so I decided to give this pillow a try after reading so many other good reviews on it. I LOVE IT! My first night using this pillow, I slept great and woke up for the first time in months without any pain. I'm normally a side sleeper but this pillow makes it comfortable to sleep on your back - which is much better for my neck. It has two different heights so you can adjust it perfectly to your neck and shoulder height. It also arrived several days before it's scheduled shipping date! I couldn't be happier with this purchase.
on October 13, 2010
I've heard of everyone having these, "contour pillows" that are just so amazing.. So I decided to try this one since it's way cheaper than Tempur Pedics replica. The first two nights sleeping with this pillow was slightly awkward since I was used to a flat piece of crap. But within a week, I noticed a great amount of tension released from my shoulders. I first slept ONLY on my back, to get used to it. Now i'm on my side every night and I am greatly satisfied. I feel that I have better posture now and rarely wake up with that "waking up on the wrong side of the bed" deal. The best feeling ever is coming home after a night of drinking, and cuddling up on this comfortable pillow. Nothin beats it! Try it out, you might be pleasantly surprised.
on March 29, 2010
I was looking for a supportive but soft pillow, and I had 5 different pillows on my bed to prove it. While I like the softness of down, there is no support and it needs to be squished and smashed, etc. Firmer pillows have no give. This is a great pillow. I can sleep on my side, on my back, or on my stomach and not have to worry about neck pain the next morning. Fits standard pillow cases with no problem, comes with a soft fabric cover that zips on and off. Let it air out 24-48 hours out of the fabric cover after opening it to get rid of the chemical smell.
on October 23, 2010
I have severe degenerative disk disease in my cervical spine; my physical therapist recommended a memory foam pillow. I could feel a difference the morning after the first night I used it - I wake up with a great deal less pain than I had before I began using the memory foam pillow AND the pain wakes me up far fewer times each night than it did before I began using the pillow as well. I've read reviews that complain about the odor. The pillow comes with a fitted, zip-in cover. I washed the cover and allowed the pillow to air out for about 36 hours before I replaced it. After putting the pillow with the cover inside a pillow case, he slight odor that came with it vanished.
on November 2, 2010
I was looking for a pillow that was similar to Tempur Pedic's pillows but cheaper; this pillow fit the bill perfectly. I thought that the memory foam might wear out quicker over time, as it was cheaper, but it's been over 6 months now with constant use, and it still holds up just as good as when I first purchased it. One thing I especially like about it is the width. My wife likes very large pillows and lots of them; this pillow is the perfect width for a queen sized mattress - not too wide where pillows are laying atop one another. I would definitely recommend this product; I have never had neck pain while sleeping on it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.