Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2007, 8:52:13 AM PST
S. Carr says:
On 20/11/2007 , I emailed NT Wright with 3 questions about the resurrection and early Christian history.

I got no reply.

Here is the email. Can anybody answer the questions, using Wright's book?

---------------------------------------------------
I have 3 questions about the Resurrection, if that is OK.

Paul writes 'The first man Adam became a living being, the last Adam became a life-giving spirit'.

Does the typology mean Paul expected Christians to share in the nature of the two Adams, firstly as what they are now, and secondly as life-giving spirits?

Many converts to Jesus-worship in Corinth scoffed at the idea of God choosing to raise a corpse. What evangelistic methods had been used to convert them to Jesus-worship?

Were these Jesus-worshipping resurrection-scoffers familiar with Old Testament stories of God breathing life into dead matter to create Adam, or with stories of Moses returning from the grave to speak to Jesus?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2008, 2:42:17 PM PST
S. Carr,

Have you gotten a response from Wright yet? I think I'll have to read this book of his in the future when I study the resurrection in more detail. Also, has Wright responded to Carrier's arguments in "The Empty Tomb"? Or are we just stuck with the reviews of Stephen Davis, JP Holding, and Norman Geisler?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2008, 12:17:48 PM PST
S. Carr says:
Wright has not responded to Carrier's arguments in 'The Empty Tomb', although he is aware of the book.

The Bishop gave some brief responses in http://stevencarrwork.blogspot.com/2008/01/3-questions-to-bishop-nt-wright.html

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009, 1:15:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2009, 1:20:26 AM PDT
D. M. Ohara says:
Why should NT Wright waste his valuable time responding to self-important, ignorant poltroons like Richard Carrier and Stephen Carr, who can't even be bothered to read his book?
They should even think themselves flattered that JP Holding deigns to notice them.
Landon: you should know better!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009, 1:17:26 AM PDT
S. Carr says:
More abuse from Christians , instead of arguments....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009, 1:22:17 AM PDT
D. M. Ohara says:
Get a life!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009, 1:37:18 AM PDT
S. Carr says:
Yet another outpouring of 'Christian love'....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2009, 3:11:38 AM PDT
D. M. Ohara says:
For someone who has spent years abusing Christians, your OTT complaints about a mild [and well-deserved] rebuke really do display some chutzpah!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about