Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 16, 2017
I purchased this protection plan and am in the 2nd of the 3 year protection. The camera I purchased it for started acting up, so I called Smart Guard to begin the warranty process. The 1st call resulted in being told that I never registered the camera and it would take 4 days to register it because the dept. in charge of registrations does not work on weekends (this was a Friday morning). I was supposed to receive an email that it had been registered and I could file my claim. I never did. I called them back after 4 days and it was registered. I proceeded to request authorization and instructions to return the camera to them. After a lengthy phone call, I was told I would receive instructions via email within 24-48 hours on how to return my camera for repair. It's 5 days past and no instructions even after verifying my email with them. I guess I will call again. Oh by the way, I bought a new camera via Amazon last week and decided to go with Square Trade for this purchase.
6 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 13, 2014
I thought I was buying a plan that not only extended the warranty for repair but also for Accidents. Well, I went out of town and dropped the camera in the ocean. In my mind that is an accident. Not according to their "WHAT IS NOT COVERED" section which you only get AFTER you pay for the plan. I'm pasting below as much as this review will let me of the "WHAT IS NIT COVERED" section of the contract. I'll end up buying another camera and skipping this....

WHAT IS NOT COVERED: THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT DOES NOT COVER ANY LOSS, REPAIRS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY OR RESULTING FROM: (A) PRE‐EXISTING CONDITIONS INCURRED OR KNOWN TO YOU (“PRE‐EXISTING” MEANS A CONDITION THAT WITHIN ALL REASONABLE MECHANICAL OR ELECTRICAL PROBABILITY RELATES TO THE MECHANICAL FITNESS OF YOUR COVERED PRODUCT PRIOR TO ISSUANCE OF THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT); (B) IMPROPER PACKAGING AND/OR TRANSPORTATION BY YOU OR YOUR REPRESENTATIVE RESULTING IN DAMAGE DURING SHIPMENT TO A SERVICE CENTER OR RELOCATION OF THE COVERED PRODUCT; (C) INSTALLATION, REMOVAL, REINSTALLATION OR IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF COMPONENTS, UPGRADES, ATTACHMENTS OR PERIPHERALS; (D) PRODUCTS AND/OR COMPONENTS THAT ARE USED IN APPLICATIONS THAT REQUIRE CONTINUOUS BUSINESS AND/OR COMMERCIAL OPERATION, OR ARE USED FOR COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL, EDUCATIONAL OR PUBLIC USE PURPOSES OR OFFERED ON A RENTAL BASIS, OR COIN‐OPERATED PRODUCTS; (E) DAMAGE OR FAILURE CAUSED BY RIOT, NUCLEAR RADIATION, WAR OR HOSTILE ACTION, RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION, ETC.; (F) DAMAGE FROM FREEZING OR OVERHEATING; (G) INADEQUATE PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL OR GAS SERVICE; (H) INTERRUPTION OF GAS OR ELECTRICAL SERVICE; (I) NEGLECT, NEGLIGENCE, MISUSE, ABUSE, INTENTIONAL PHYSICAL/MECHANICAL/ELECTRONIC DAMAGE, PHYSICAL DAMAGE OR MALICIOUS MISCHIEF, THEFT OR MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCE, VANDALISM, RUST, CORROSION, WARPING, BENDING, ANIMAL OR INSECT INFESTATION, ETC. TO THE COVERED PRODUCT OR ANY COMPONENT; (J) DAMAGE OR FAILURE DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND YOUR CONTROL SUCH AS ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS, EXPOSURE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS OR ACTS OF NATURE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: FIRE, FLOODS, SMOKE, SAND, DIRT, LIGHTNING, MOISTURE, WATER DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, WHETHER FROM FRESH WATER, SALTWATER OR OTHER WATER INTRUSION, STORMS, WIND OR WINDSTORM, HAIL, EARTHQUAKE, OTHER EXTERNAL PERILS OF NATURE; (K) REPAIRS NECESSITATED BY OPERATION OUTSIDE THE MANUFACTURER OPERATIONAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFICATIONS; (L) BATTERY FAILURE OR LEAKAGE; (M) COLLISION WITH ANOTHER OBJECT, COLLAPSE, EXPLOSION, LIQUID SPILLAGE OF ANY KIND BY ANY OWNER, EMPLOYEE, THIRD PARTY, REPAIR PERSONNEL, ETC., UNLESS COVERED UNDER A SERVICE AGREEMENT WHICH SPECIFICALLY INCLUDES ANY OF THE DEFINED CAUSES; (N) ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE; INCLUDING PHYSICAL / MECHANICAL / ELECTRONIC DAMAGE CAUSE BY DROPPING, UNLESS YOUR PRODUCT QUALIFIES FOR ADH COVERAGE; (O) DAMAGE, WARPING, BENDING OR RUSTING OF ANY KIND TO THE HOUSING, CABINETRY, SUPPORTS, OUTSIDE CASING OR FRAME OF THE PRODUCT; (P) IMPROPER OR INADEQUATE STORAGE; (Q) DAMAGE TO A COVERED PART CAUSED BY A NON‐COVERED PART; (R) IMPROPER INSTALLATION OF CUSTOMER REPLACEABLE COMPONENTS, MODULES, PARTS OR PERIPHERALS AND/OR INSTALLATION OF INCORRECT PARTS; (S) ANY RESULTANT MALFUNCTION OR DAMAGE OF OR TO AN OPERATING PART OF THE COVERED PRODUCT FROM FAILURE TO PROVIDE MANUFACTURER’S RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE OR OPERATION/STORAGE OF THE COVERED PRODUCT IN CONDITIONS OUTSIDE MANUFACTURER SPECIFICATIONS OR USE OF A COVERED PRODUCT IN SUCH A MANNER AS WOULD VOID COVERAGE UNDER THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY OR THAT ARE USED IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH THE DESIGN OF THE EQUIPMENT OR MANUFACTURER INSTRUCTIONS OR SPECIFICATIONS; (T) OPERATIONAL ERRORS ON THE PART OF THE CONSUMER (E.G., AS ABNORMAL ICE BUILD‐UP IN A REFRIGERATOR OR FREEZER); (U) REMOVAL, INSTALLATION, REINSTALLATION, UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS, ETC., OF ANY INTERNAL COMPONENT OR COVERED PRODUCT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ADJUSTMENTS, MANIPULATION OR MODIFICATIONS MADE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN A SERVICE TECHNICIAN AUTHORIZED BY US; (V) LOSS OF POWER, IMPROPER USE OF ELECTRICAL/POWER, POWER ‘BROWN‐OUT’, POWER OVERLOAD OR POWER SURGE; (W) UNAUTHORIZED MODIFICATIONS AND ADJUSTMENTS, ALTERATIONS, MANIPULATION OR REPAIR MADE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AN SERVICE TECHNICIAN AUTHORIZED BY US; (X) DAMAGE/FAILURE DUE TO IMPROPER LUBRICATION, OR USE OF INCORRECT OR STALE FUEL OR FUEL CONTAINING MORE THAN 10% ETHANOL; (Y) DAMAGE RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES; (Z) COVERED PRODUCTS SUBJECT TO A MANUFACTURER RECALL, WARRANTY OR REWORK TO REPAIR DESIGN OR COMPONENT DEFICIENCIES, IMPROPER CONSTRUCTION, MANUFACTURER ERROR, ETC.; REGARDLESS OF THE MANUFACTURER’S ABILITY TO PAY FOR SUCH REPAIRS; (AA) EQUIPMENT SOLD WITHOUT A MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY OR ‘AS IS’; (AB) COVERED PRODUCTS WITH REMOVED OR ALTERED SERIAL NUMBERS; (AC) CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THIS SERVICE AGREEMENT, OR LOSS OF USE OR DATA DURING THE PERIOD THE COVERED PRODUCT IS AT AN AUTHORIZED REPAIR FACILITY OR OTHERWISE AWAITING PARTS; (AD) NON‐FAILURE PROBLEMS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NOISES, SQUEAKS, ETC.; (AE) NORMAL PERIODIC OR PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE, USER EDUCATION, SET UP ADJUSTMENTS; (AF) CLEANINGS OR ANY REPAIR COVERED BY A MANUFACTURER WARRANTY, SERVICE AGREEMENT OR OTHER INSURANCE; (AG) SOFTWARE AND SOFTWARE RELATED PROBLEMS; (AH) REPAIRS FOR COSMETIC DAMAGE OR IMPERFECTIONS OR TO STRUCTURAL ITEMS; (AI) FAILURE TO PRODUCT ATTACHMENTS ESSENTIAL TO THE BASIC FUNCTION OF THE PRODUCT BUT NOT PROVIDED BY THE
AMT‐UBID‐PFD (09/12) Page 3 of 9
52 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on March 10, 2015
Uhhh so all the 5 star reviews are people saying that it's a great idea to have this. Or it feels good to have a warranty. It's called accident protection or accidental something but. Think of any situation where you would need your warranty to kick in ok.. Thinking ? Well, They won't cover it. From nuclear disasters to earthquakes. Animal infestation. They won't cover it. Even if it's an accidental _____ It's in the terms and conditions. I called to cancel but forgot to ask what they DO cover. There is one person who said they got there camera replaced. I don't see how If their situation falls under the what we don't cover category. Call them and ask them to send you their terms and conditions before you buy it
One person found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 3, 2015
Bought for a digital camera. Sold and advertised as "Accident Protection Plan." Plan cannot be viewed before purchase. Full plan states there is no accident protection if invoice does not state "ADH Coverage" which it does not. Exclusions: battery, knobs, glass parts, hinges, screens, seals, plastic parts, body, outdoor use, dust, dirt, natural causes, and dropping. Covers nothing. Waste of money.
5 people found this helpful
on April 8, 2015
Not sure how this will work & hopefully I won't have to use.
on June 8, 2016
I have had nothing but problems trying to register a claim to get a pentax camera lens repaired after my wife dropped the camera. I would rather just purchase a new lens than purchase this plan again.
3 people found this helpful
on May 24, 2016
doesn't cover anything....
you know what I'd get if I threw my camera into a meat grinder? the same thing I got by buying this protection plan.....nothing besides a broken camera and money down the drain.
5 people found this helpful
on December 9, 2016
Insurance, how can you evaluate it until you need it.
on October 1, 2016
I purchased a 3 year camera protection plan from Amazon for the camera I also purchased from Amazon. Smart Guard says that the pin number Smart Guard sent me does not match the Amazon order and I have to talk to someone else about the problem. I can't register the plan because company sent me the wrong information (wrong pin number) and I will have to call again and try to convince company I am not trying to cheat it.

I hate to think what it would be like to file a claim with the company that now doubts I have a plan.
2 people found this helpful
on December 3, 2016
all good
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.