- Paperback: 330 pages
- Publisher: Montali Press; New Edition Paperback edition (October 1, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0990627217
- ISBN-13: 978-0990627210
- Package Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.8 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (225 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #648,370 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The 30-Day Vegan Challenge (New Edition): Over 100 Delicious, Nutritious Plant-Based Recipes and Meal Ideas for Eating Healthfully and Compassionately -- The Ultimate Guide and Cookbook Paperback – October 1, 2015
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
“A compassionate and reasoned approach to vegan living. Readers on the fence or just starting the vegan journey will appreciate the intelligent discussion of issues they will face, and seasoned veganistas will enjoy the recipes and interesting factoids. With an earnest but level tone, Patrick-Goudreau provides all the tools one needs for making the switch to vegan cuisine, values, and lifestyle.” ~Publishers Weekly
"The 30-Day Vegan Challenge is no ordinary book; it is an extraordinary vehicle of change that is beautifully crafted to offer every morsel of support imaginable as you venture through what might be unfamiliar territory. No stone is left unturned, and you could not find a more capable and delightful partner in this journey than Colleen Patrick-Goudreau." ~Brenda Davis, R.D., author of Becoming Vegan.
'What a delicious way to get more energy, say good-bye to those stubborn pounds, and get healthy for good.' ~Neal D. Barnard, M.D., president, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, and author of 21-Day Weight Loss Kickstart.
“A beautiful and inspiring guide to the immense delight that can be yours with a healthy plant-strong diet.” ~John Robbins, author Diet For A New America, President Food Revolution Network
“With common sense, compassion, and crazy delicious recipes, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau takes you on a joyful journey that will heal your body, enrich your spirit, and nourish your mind (not to mention your belly). The 30-Day Vegan Challenge is a keepsake that will change your life for all its inspiration and information." ~Kris Carr, New York Times best selling author, Crazy Sexy Kitchen
"In this beautiful and compelling book, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau becomes your personal mentor for a 30-day journey that will change your life, improve your health, and create a kinder world. The challenge takes a month; the gifts last a lifetime." ~Victoria Moran, author of Main Street Vegan and director, Main Street Vegan Academy
“A gorgeous, smart, insightful book to guide you through the ins and outs of eating a healthful vegan diet.” ~Rip Esselstyn, bestselling author of The Engine 2 Diet and My Beef with Meat
“Whatever your motivation for making changes to your diet, The 30-Day Vegan Challenge is an extraordinary resource and guide by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. She inspires, motivates, and informs - all while tantalizing your taste buds with delectable plant-based recipes. This is a book to treasure. ~Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT, author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition and host of What Would Julieanna Do?
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
About the Author
A recognized expert and thought leader on all aspects of living vegan, Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is an award-winning author of seven books. She is an acclaimed speaker and a multimedia host, beloved for her entertaining and informative videos and her inspiring podcast, "Food for Thought," which was voted Favorite Podcast by VegNews magazine readers. Colleen is a regular contributor to National Public Radio. Colleen has appeared on national and regional TV programs, including the Food Network, CBS, PBS, and FOX. Interviews with her have been featured on NPR, U.S. News and World Report, The Chicago Tribune, The Miami Times, Pacifica Radio, Rodale News, and in countless blogs and podcasts. Her recipes have been featured on Oprah.com and Epicurious.com. She lives in Oakland, CA with her husband and two cats, Charlie and Michiko.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
1. It's BEAUTIFUL!!! Seriously, this is not the kind of book that someone just pounded through to get another book out there. It is immediately apparent, as you flip through the book, that this is a book that was born out of the life's work of an incredibly dedicated, knowledgeable and passionate individual! Keep it out...you'll want everyone to look at it!
2. The book flows perfectly. It really does. I feel like Colleen has an extremely rare ability to present information through the mindset of someone experiencing it for the 1st time. She presents topics and questions in just the right sequence that a person would be asking/experiencing them, beginning with some health related topics, then moving toward the particulars of eating (this isn't something we tend to put much thought into but I think a lot of new vegans struggle with the transition from having the crutch of recipes to the freedom of just cooking "like you used to" without having to follow directions every time), then she discusses shopping and the planning of meals (which is something that will help anyone and everyone...my husband and I found quite a bit more time and quite a bit less frustration after following some really simple and obvious advice of Colleen's)......I won't detail every topic she covers because there are a TON, but I will say that whether she is addressing social concerns or B-12, they all seem to come up at the right time and allow the process to be fun instead of loading a certain section too heavily and loosing the interest of the reader.
3. This is a very reader-friendly book. The font is pleasing, the type size is readable, the text and photographs are broken up nicely, the pictures are gorgeous, and the book is written as though you are having a conversation with another person. This is not a "how to" book, it's more of a "companion" book!
4. I could go on forever, but I'll end with this last "must have" reason: the recipes are AMAZING!! The first recipe I made, my husband said, "this is the best thing I've ever eaten in my life!" The second recipe I made, my husband said, "this is the best thing I've ever eaten in my life!" Sounding familiar? Yeah, you will be saying that as well!
However, at the time of purchase I was already vegan and pretty accustomed to the diet and lifestyle so I'm not really sure how the whole 30-day-challenge aspect would be for someone who is completely new to the vegan lifestyle. Day 1 has an excellent write-up on how vegan food is just normal food, not some kind of weird-bean-sprout-hippie-abomination. Day 2 has some great tips on stuff we already love that are already vegan. Day 3 has advice on how to stock your kitchen. While these chapters are very well written and enjoyable to read individually, I feel several "days" worth of chapters should be read at once in preparation for someone starting a vegan lifestyle. I totally get it though -- it's a lot of information and I can see that Colleen is trying to break it down into chunks of information that are easy to absorb. If you are new to veganism, I recommend just reading through several days ahead WHILE committing to your first month on a plant-based diet, then possibly skipping around in the chapters if you have any questions that can be answered. Like a how-to-vegan instruction manual.
Overall I would recommend this book as a resource to anyone looking to explore veganism, improve their lifestyle in a realistic and sustainable way, and some food for thought about the way animals are used by humans. Also some easy to prepare and delicious recipes.