30 History and Fate of the Universe II Charts (16" x 11")
|Price:||$21.95 + $9.45 shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Provides a summary of modern cosmology
- Illustrates major stages in the evolution of the universe starting with the Big Bang
- Describes the accelerating universe, dark energy, dark matter, cosmological redshift and cosmic microwave background radiation
- The large chart is easily seen across the classroom. The poster sized chart is good fit for bulletin boards and walls. The 11" x 16" packet contain 30 charts which can be distributed to classes or groups.
- These 30 charts (16" x 11") can be provided to class or group.
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This colorful, graphically rich chart illustrates and summarizes what is now known about the history and fate of the universe. Scientists at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab) in collaboration with the Contemporary Physics Education Project (CPEP) and Nobel Prize winner George Smoot, have created a chart that is filled with information covering a broad range of cosmological topics. The centerpiece is an evolutionary timeline that takes viewers from the beginning of time, when the universe was much smaller than a proton, to the current era, about 14 billion years later. Side panels provide short discussions on the birth, inflation and expansion of the universe, the cosmic microwave background and redshifts of distant supernovas. This item from CPEP complements its other charts on Nuclear Physics, Fusion and Plasma Physics, and Gravity. CPEP is a world wide, non profit consortium of teacher educators and physicists. CPEP-developed materials seek to disseminate current understanding of the fundamental nature of matter and energy, incorporating the major research findings of recent years.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|