30 Rock: Season 6
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The rest of the season is peppered with masterful bits of lunacy. An Australian children's musical group has undercurrents of white supremacism; Jack manufactures couches that are so uncomfortable they function as torture devices; Jenna tries to record a song that's impossible to parody, only to have "Weird Al" Yankovic create the song that Jenna's song would have been a parody of; after being mugged, Jack transforms himself into a superhero called The Tuxedo; Jenna and her lover Paul turn normal couple behavior into a fetish of its own. Meanwhile, some plots run through the entire season: Liz learns to be comfortable with her new boyfriend Criss (James Marsden); Jack struggles to rescue his wife from North Korea while feeling attracted to his mother-in-law; and the eternally naive Kenneth (Jack McBrayer) rises to the heights of the Standards & Practices department, then tumbles to become a janitor. It's a jam-packed season, consistently funny and bursting with invention. This kind of vitality from a six-year-old sitcom is rare and to be cherished. --Bret Fetzer
Top Customer Reviews
- Audiocomentary on "Dance Like Nobody's Watching" by writer Tracey Wigfield and writer/producer Tom Ceraulo
- Audiocomentary on "Alexis Goodlooking and the case of the Missing Whisky" by Judah Friedlander
- Audiocomentary on "Standards and Practices" by Jack McBrayer
- Audiocomentary on "Live from Studio 6H" by Jane Krakowski and composer/producer Jeff Richmond
- West Coast Version of the Live Show (23:23 min)
- Behind the Scenes of "Live from Studio 6H" (7:24 min)
- Warm up Featurette before the Live Show (8:42 min)
- Deleted Scenes
As you can see they have cut down the number of Audiocomentaries immensely, as there used to be up to 10 per Season Set. And again there is no gag reel, which is something I would so love to see from a show like this. Also, I wished there were more interviews with cast and crew.
Overall this was a great season. It amazes me how this show manages to stay fresh after 6 years. Nothing feels worn out, actually to the contrary they manage to bring in new elements and going back to some of the core storylines of the show. I loved the addition of James Marsden as Liz's new boyfriend Criss. The writers managed to create a loveable character and actually used him in a good way throughout the Season, giving Liz and Criss a possible happy ending for the upcoming final and seventh season. I also loved this years Live Episode and Queen of Jordan Episode. I also need to mention Jenna, for whom the writers really stepped up their, already high, game. Her remarks and storylines were really a highlight of the Season for me, especially in the beginning.
All in all I highly recommend the sixth season of 30 Rock, although I wished they put more effort into the DVD Extras.
Unlike shows like "Lost", "Mad Men", "Game of Thrones", etc. which are more "cliffhanger" driven and have story arcs that you can't usually just pop a disc in and watch a random episode until and unless you've watched the entire series... sit coms are worth owning since you can just randomly watch any episode for equal enjoyment without any handcuffs nor necessary context of episodes before or after.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My favorite season by far. Liz finds lasting love, Jenna gets her crap somewhat together, jack ends it with his wife. All amazing.Published 3 months ago by myranda m.
This past season was the best since its first. Constantly smart and clever, FANTASTIC performances (esp. by Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski) and hilarious characters (Hazel is a nut). Read morePublished 7 months ago by Kim Celento
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > All Universal Studios Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Boxed Sets
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Universal Studios Home Entertainment > Television
- Movies & TV > TV