Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on October 14, 2012
Every devotional is not complete without a "Verse of the Day" and a "Challenge," Jarrid's book "30 Words; A Devotional for the Rest of Us" is a great source of encountering God on the daily. He turns 30 common words into 30 different devotionals. In a nut shell, this book is a must have. Its easy to read, it encourages you to think about the things of God, it challenges you to take action and most of all it's a great book to have handy. It's not JUST a devotional, you can read it like a book, use it as a reference guide or even create speeches or sermons from each devotional. I am truly blessed by "30 Words" So proud of this young author.
11 comment| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 24, 2013
I'm a fan of devotional writing so I decided to pick up this book by a new author and give it a read. At 140 pages and a lot of white space, it did not take me long. Nor did I spend much time pondering the complexity of its content. If my tone sounds overly harsh, you're right--it is, and probably unjustifiably so. This is not a bad devotional if one defines "the rest of us" as those who are new to the faith or to the discipline of daily devotions.

I treasure my devotional time as an opportunity to reflect deeply on matters of truth, faith, and right living. I like devotional writing that challenges me in these matters. And there are some good ones out there, such as Spurgeon's "Morning and Evening," Chambers' "My Utmost for His Highest," and "By Faith Alone," a compilation of daily readings by Martin Luther. Wilson's "30 Words" does not rise to the level of these classics but, in all fairness, it is unlikely that was the author's intent. I suspect Wilson's intent was to provide a devotional for those to which daily devotional reading is a new undertaking, but after being undertaken for 30 days is likely to turn into a habit of incalculable value. If this was the author's intent, he has succeeded. Although this book is not, in my opinion, a devotional for the ages, it is one for our time. Recommend it to those new to the faith--they will find reading and reflecting on it of value and of time well spent.
on March 30, 2015
I am a HUGE Jarrid Wilson fan so this book was a no-brainer for me to buy. I actually bought it while waiting for "Jesus Swagger" (his new, AMAZING book) to arrive. In 30 Words, Wilson has reminded me that I'm never too busy to spend quality time with the One who created me and gave me the abilities to read and comprehend words.

He is a great blessing and God is using him in great ways through his vulnerability and great ability to speak to various generations.
on June 8, 2017
Love this simple, easy devotional!
on April 19, 2018
Good stuff! :)
on May 28, 2014
I bought a whole bunch of these to give as gifts to graduates from my church. It's a nice little devo that would be a better fit for new Christians. If you're looking for depth I would recommend something else. Nothing inerrantly wrong with this one just deals with a lot of surface material and doesn't really get underneath everything (if that makes any sense).
on March 30, 2014
This book is not your typical devotional, filed with fluff and happy feelings. This book dives headfirst into the Scriptures and challenges you to really look at your life. Every day/word that I read was just full of God's word and truth. If you need a good reference book on where to look for each need (forgiveness, strength, truth, safety, worship, etc.) This book of the right one. Highly recommend it.
on April 29, 2013
The book was okay. Honestly as much as I love Jarrid for me personally was not deep enough. I can recommend this book to the new upcoming Christian who just got saved a few a days or weeks ago, but for someone who is already walking in the path of Christ, this book is not for you.

Jarrid did not connect with bridge between all walks of life, some things sounded repetitive and with all the connections he has, quotes and thoughts from other leaders would have had been inspiring. However; the book was well design and a great book for people who struggle to read their bibles and need something like a "hook" to get inspired to continue to read. Something I can pass on to to new Christians.
on June 26, 2014
I'm an undergrad student and I am indeed busy! Am I saying I'm too busy for the Lord? No. Never.

However, sometimes I do get caught up in studying and writing papers that it seems as if there aren't enough hours in the day. But, with this... It's amazing! I had this on my bedside table and either when I woke up or right before I went to sleep I would pick it up and get into it! I recommend for anyone with a "busy" schedule!

Thank you!
on November 12, 2013
Jarrid's book "30 Words; A Devotional for the Rest of Us" is a great source to becoming closer to God in our daily lives. He turns 30 common words into 30 different devotionals. This book is easy to read, a must have!