Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
What is diaper rash?
Diaper rash is easy to spot and easy to treat. It is a red, patchy irritation found on baby's skin in the genital area, the thighs and the buttocks. Don't worry, Mom, almost all babies get diaper rash from time to time.
What causes diaper rash?
Babies are so susceptible to diaper rash that wet and soiled diapers can irritate baby's delicate skin. Naturally, if your baby is in a wet diaper for too long, she will be more prone to getting a rash.
Some of the most common causes of diaper rash to be aware of are:
– Irritation due to bowel movements and diarrhea.
– Irritation due to moisture from urine (even the most absorbent diapers leave some wetness behind).
– Not drying the skin thoroughly after a diaper change.
– Diaper chafing/friction.
– Allergic reaction to ingredients found in diaper wipes, laundry detergent, soap, lotion.
– Change in food or introducing new foods.
How can I help prevent my baby from getting diaper rash?
Use A+D(R) Original Ointment at every diaper change to help prevent your baby from getting diaper rash.
Just as you protect and condition your skin every day, you can do the same for your baby:
– Help prevent diaper rash by applying a generous layer of A+D(R) Original Ointment on baby's bottom, genital area and the folds of the thighs at every diaper change.
– It is safe to use every day. A+D(R) Ointment is formulated to create a protective barrier on baby's skin, preventing irritation from wetness, soiled diapers, and diaper chafing.
What if my baby gets diaper rash?
Treat with A+D(R) Zinc Oxide Cream.
Specially formulated with Zinc Oxide, to help treat and protect your baby's precious skin. These simple tips to treat diaper rash will soothe your baby's skin quickly:
– At the first sign of redness, apply an even, liberal coat of A+D(R) Zinc Oxide Cream to the entire diaper area at every diaper change.
– Keep baby's skin clean and dry by changing wet diapers frequently and as soon as possible after it is soiled.
– Wash your baby's bottom with water using a washcloth after each diaper change. Gently pat the skin and be careful not to rub. Avoid using soap or disposable wipes that contain fragrance or alcohol, which may irritate the skin.
– Allow your baby's skin to air dry without a diaper for short periods during the day.
– Avoid non-breathable fabrics and plastic pants.
– With proper care, most diaper rashes will improve within a few days. If the rash worsens or lasts longer, consult your baby's pediatrician.
A+D Original Ointment helps prevent diaper rash by creating a protective barrier on your baby's skin.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
A & D Diaper Rash Ointment & Skin Protectant, Original -1.5 ounces
A+D First Aid Ointment Skin Protectant With Vitamin A&D 1.50 oz(Pack of 2)
Dynarex Vitamins A&D Ointment, 4 oz Tube
D&A Vitamin A&D Original Ointment Tube for Diaper Rash & All-Purpose Skincare Formula, 4 Ounce
A+D Original Ointment 1.50 oz
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Golden Boy||Common Cents Distributors||Treasure Zone||NYHealthbeauty||Pharmapacks|
|Item Dimensions||2.56 x 6.05 x 4.63 in||2.23 x 3.5 x 1.96 in||—||—||2 x 7.4 x 2 in||1.85 x 6.45 x 1.65 in|
|Size||1.5 Ounce||1.5 Ounce||1.5 Ounce (2 Pack)||—||4 oz||(1 Pack)|