Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning branding branding branding  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 4,162 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,314 reviews
on October 14, 2011
If you're like me, you bought one of the $200 4gb Xbox slims and are here searching for a hard drive. I've had mine now for 3 weeks, and it works awesome. Plus, it enables full usage of Halo: Reach so I can finally do co-op and firefight over xbox live. Get this and save some money instead of wasting it on one of those "official" Microsoft hard drives.
77 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2012
I was afraid that this drive would not work correctly since it is not
an officially Microsoft licensed product, but I am very pleased with it!

The actual capacity seen through the Xbox is 294GB but this is
normal and is even true for the official Xbox 360 hard drives.

Same functionality as the much moe expensive official hard drive
but does the exact same job!

Buy with confidence!
77 comments| 346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2013
Great HDD, fits perfectly into the Xbox Slim. Other Retail stores wanted double to triple the price for the same amount of Gigs. Works flawless with Battlefield 4, it is able to download the required 2gb memory to run the game.
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2013
After purchasing Battlefield 4, and then realizing that my Xbox 360 wouldn't play it....I was furious. after trying to return the game to no avail "because it was opened"...I decided to look and see how much the hard drive was.....$130 !!!! Luckily I stumbled across this unit. for 1/5th the price. it arrived, I snapped it in, and was good to go. Save yourselves some $$$$ and buy one of these.
77 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2013
Worked out of the box perfectly. Unpack, open Xbox 360 side panel, slide in hard drive, close back up, turn on Xbox and it's there and ready to store data. :)
22 comments| 158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2013
This HD arrived in 2 days, my hubby got it in in under 5 minutes and it set right up. Couldn't even tell anything had changed. No problems, no concerns, no worries.

There is always some concern when purchasing 3rd party items for systems as proprietary as Xbox, but this one worked beautifully!

If this has been helpful to you, please let me know by clicking the “Yes” box below.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2015
This hard drive worked beautifully right out of the box, I popped it into my Xbox and started downloading all my games for it. There were a few games I had to attempt to download multiple times, this may not have been because of this particular hard drive though. I was so happy to finally have more than 5gb of internal storage.....and then about three weeks later my Xbox wouldn't recognize it any more. It wouldn't show up as a memory option. I switched it with my boyfriend's xbox official 250gb hardrive, his worked fine in mine, mine didn't show up in his. Returned, full refund, barely before it became non-returnable. I can't recommend it because even if it does work for you, it could spontaneously malfunction after the return period. 320gb for $40 is way too good of a deal to be reliable. Guess I'm going with Xbox official 250gb for $85...
on May 13, 2013
I read the other reviews before I purchased and just hoped I wouldn't be like the other unlucky souls that bought this HD and had problems. well, installation went smooth and I transferred the files from my 4gb Xbox HD to the external HD and it read the files and everything was fine so I thought. well, when I power down my Xbox and the next time I got on to play, it said the HD needed to be formatted. I LOST EVERYTHING! so I thought well, it was my fault for not formatting it first before i transferred so I proceeded to format and DL all my content again and transfer to the new HD. everything was fine again until I power down and went to play again. for some reason, it will not hold the information I enter and I had to keep re-formatting my HD. needless to say, this got old quick so I got a microsoft HD and return this one. now I am not saying that this will happen to everyone but be cautious that this may happen to you and definitely make sure you back everything up before you transfer to this HD!
on September 16, 2014
Great value for a large hard drive and it seems to do the trick just fine. These generic HDs are not backward-compatible right out of the box, HOWEVER, it IS possible and very simple to make them backward compatible. I have about 2 dozen regular Xbox games which I wanted to continue to play on my 360-slim.

Instructions to make the drive backward-compatible abound on youtube and online, but the basic gist is: connect the drive to a computer USB slot, download free xbox Xplorer software, copy and paste partition 2 (from your old HD, or there are free versions online) onto the generic drive. Plug your generic drive into your Xbox, put in a classic Xbox game, and you'll be prompted to download an XBox live update. Once the update is complete, the drive is the same as any Microsoft brand HD. I confirmed this with every single one of my classic Xbox games -- they worked like a charm.

So, much better value than a MS drive and all of the capabilities. I know that the reviews are confusing because people say both it does and it doesn't play original games. Let me confirm this: it certainly CAN play original games, if you can follow instructions on a youtube video...

Enjoy!
on October 20, 2014
l bought this hard drive mainly for Xbox original games. The original game that I got for it though I found to be incompatible. More than a month later, (way more) I actually got a game that should have been compatible, but I couldn't install it because it wasn't an Xbox 360 s model "official" drive. I wish that I could've noticed this earlier. It still holds most of my games though, so its not a one star drive. Fast and "efficient." I say by directly from amazon, or look for only the one shown in the picture in Xbox 360 HDD case.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.