BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 8, 2013
Great HDD, fits perfectly into the Xbox Slim. Other Retail stores wanted double to triple the price for the same amount of Gigs. Works flawless with Battlefield 4, it is able to download the required 2gb memory to run the game.
0Comment| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2011
If you're like me, you bought one of the $200 4gb Xbox slims and are here searching for a hard drive. I've had mine now for 3 weeks, and it works awesome. Plus, it enables full usage of Halo: Reach so I can finally do co-op and firefight over xbox live. Get this and save some money instead of wasting it on one of those "official" Microsoft hard drives.
77 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2013
After purchasing Battlefield 4, and then realizing that my Xbox 360 wouldn't play it....I was furious. after trying to return the game to no avail "because it was opened"...I decided to look and see how much the hard drive was.....$130 !!!! Luckily I stumbled across this unit. for 1/5th the price. it arrived, I snapped it in, and was good to go. Save yourselves some $$$$ and buy one of these.
77 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2014
Did not work, red light, malfunction, Error E68. I will be Sending it back tomorrow. My son was so disappointed.
on December 31, 2012
I am familiar with AGPTEK products as they make many grey-market OEM replacement hard drives for a lot of makers. Mine is experiencing errors and stuttering, and while it is Microsoft compatible, Microsoft will not support this unit in your system. I have seen a few responses in the first few pages that have had similar operation issues.

A few installs like COD BO2, F1 2011, and others have had nothing but access problems and long, long install times. 2-3 hours on one game to install is way too long, and very suspect.

While I feel Microsoft is gouging customers at every step (all of the time, forever), I also feel the additional of Lego Star Wars is even more proof they are ripping off customers. The fact that you cant use standard laptop hard drives is another key proof they are protecting their interests and not ours.

Buying OEM hard drives has its risks, and for peace of mind, look elsewhere.

ALSO- Jan 4th, 2013.

New Microsoft Xbox hard drive works 50% faster than this OEM piece of crap. You WILL have longer downloads and installs with the OEM AGPTEK hard drive. The hard drive is substandard by any comparison, build quality to times.

Skyrim installed on the OEM drive in over 1 hour. Skyrim on the 'same' Microsoft labeled drive... 8 minutes. All 14 games also similar savings in install and add on downloads. Yes, downloads... the time writing to the drive. Yes... look it up. and then prove it to yourself.

Buy both after your OEM drive fails and you can compare too.. very easily.
on March 30, 2015
Failed on me after the third week, do not buy at any cost. Spend a few more bucks buying a licensed external hard drive for your 360.
review image
on April 2, 2015
This hard drive worked beautifully right out of the box, I popped it into my Xbox and started downloading all my games for it. There were a few games I had to attempt to download multiple times, this may not have been because of this particular hard drive though. I was so happy to finally have more than 5gb of internal storage.....and then about three weeks later my Xbox wouldn't recognize it any more. It wouldn't show up as a memory option. I switched it with my boyfriend's xbox official 250gb hardrive, his worked fine in mine, mine didn't show up in his. Returned, full refund, barely before it became non-returnable. I can't recommend it because even if it does work for you, it could spontaneously malfunction after the return period. 320gb for $40 is way too good of a deal to be reliable. Guess I'm going with Xbox official 250gb for $85...
on September 30, 2015
Terrible quality, worked perfectly for 3months then starts showing e68 error on Xbox 360 so now it is useless and a waste of 30$. Amazon return policy is 30 days, so save your money and buy another brand/ buy from a separate seller. Would be a good review if I received a functional external storage device.
review image review image
on June 4, 2014
I have heard Amazon has been having problems with third party products being counterfeit versions of what is advertised. That being said I believe this is what happened to me. The product I was sent was clearly a cheap piece of plastic. The image here shows text on the back of the hard drive, with bar codes, product information and other information you'd expect to see on a product like this. However, the item i received had no such text on it and it came in an unmarked box, with no company name or any sort of identifier. The only writing the hard drive did have said this (word for word): HARD DRIVE FOR X-360 MADE IN CHINA.....
On top of this, which made me very skeptical right from the start, my xbox could not even recognize the hard drive. The whole thing was useless so I had to send it back.
on May 18, 2013
I may have gotten a defective one, but my experience is that the enclosure doesn't really fit correctly into the Xbox. I could push it in about halfway before it started getting hard, then I really had to push hard to get it in. I got it flush with the edges, and tried booting the Xbox, but it wouldn't recognize the drive.

After searching here, I saw that one other reviewer said he had trouble and had to really wiggle it. For me, it wasn't wiggling, I just had to push it in further, so it is now not flush, but it seems to have done the job--it is recognized by the Xbox now.

I did try to get it out, and I don't think it will be possible without taking apart the Xbox. I saw some other reviewers noting something similar, too.

Given all this trouble and potential damage to the Xbox should I need to remove it, and given that it comes with no instructions on how to install, I have to rate it a three.

It seems functional thus far, so it's okay in that regard.

Should you buy it? Well, if you want to risk the same situation I have, sure--it is a big savings. In fact, if it were only like 10 or even $20 savings, I'd say go with the Microsoft one, but we're talking about $70, so I think it's worth the risk/trouble. The MS one is totally overpriced, even with the free game, especially considering how cheap big drives are these days.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.