Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 35 Below Wool Insoles
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on January 25, 2012
Im disappointed with these inserts. First of all, they're very thin, but I suppose that could be an advantage depending on the shoe you're using them in... What was disappointing is that the soles do not feel like wool, but rather like "wool particles with something else in it". The photo of the item shows a nice looking "wooly' pad but what I received are insoles with a thin matted down layer of "wool stuff". I used them in my Jambu workout shoes/sandals and my feet got sweaty right away (which is not my experience with other wool or shearling shoes). The benefits of wool inserts is that wool has cooling AND warming properties and that it's naturally antibacterial. Not so with these inserts. The other annoying thing is that when I cut the inserts to fit my shoes, the rubber-y sole the wool is glued to, frayed and left little pieces in the shoes as I wore them. Too bad I paid 25 bucks for these inserts, they are not worth it!
on November 9, 2010
Purchased these insoles for my Ugg boots because the shearling lining was worn in spots. The sheepskin insoles did the trick and they are comfortable and as warm as toast. A great way to extend the comfort and life of my boots.
on December 6, 2010
I have a pair of wool-lined Shearling booties from Cabela's. I thought they would last a long time--but the lining on the bottom wore out in a year (maybe two). The outside still looked great, so rather than throw them out, I decided to get these 35 Degree Wool Insoles.

I trimmed them carefully, so they fit snugly against the bottom. The color matched perfectly, so you have to look closely to tell they're there. They cover up the worn out lining, so that the booties looked like new. When my feet are in them, the booties fit more securely and keep my toes much warmer. The extra padding under my soles is very comfortable.

I just put in my second pair of insoles. The first ones lasted more than a year before they developed bald patches. I didn't change them right away because I was waiting for the weather to get cold. They continued to get balder (the wool is just glued to the foam insole) and the insole got flatter, but the other reviewer is right--they are a great way to extend the life of your footwear.

If you are allergic to wool (as I am, wool sometimes makes me sneeze), then be careful where you trim them as little bits of wool and fluff will get into the air and over things. The first time I trimmed them at my desk (and was really sorry later). This time I trimmed them outside and no problem!
on March 23, 2011
The insoles are thin and the wool fluffs off. These are not sheepskin. Wool glued to a synthetic base. Doubt they'll last longer than a dozen wearings.
on January 10, 2011
Got this for a pair of high heel boots because they are half size too big. The product made my new boots much more comfortable. It keeps my feet warmer and adds some padding.
However, this product is not the real sheep skin. It is not the thick fluffy insole one can get from ugg or emu. Unlike real sheep skin insoles, it doesn't keep my feet dry when it get a little too warm.
On the other hand, it works for most of my leather boots and other shoes because it is so thin, soft and easy to trim to fit in my normal shoes. I would buy more because it can easily make any pair of my shoes a little more comfortable.
on February 16, 2011
These insoles are just "pretty good". They're warm and the wool is soft against the skin. However, the wool doesn't seem to be attached to the foam base of the insole very well - it looks like it may start to shed before too long. They're also not very cushy, but maybe I shouldn't have expected that from insoles at this price. I purchased these because I didn't have much to spend at the time (and these qualified for free shipping), but in the future I'll probably stick with the Ugg brand shearling insoles. The Ugg insoles, while more expensive, are very durable and have a thicker foam base.
on December 26, 2012
I bought these 2 years ago instead of buying new slippers. I wear my slippers everyday, and they were at a point where they no longer felt cushiony and warm. Well, these inserts worked out better than expected, and 2 years later, my slippers still feel warm and fluffy, despite wearing them around the house every day of the year! I'm so glad amazon keeps track of orders, otherwise I wouldn't be able to find them. I want to get more for my winter shoes and for gifts. They're very durable, cushiony, warm and I love them :)

Update Nov. 2013 - OK, it's finally time for a new pair, but I think almost 3 years is a good run and I'm happy to buy more, and I'm buying extra for "stocking stuffer" gifts. I think these are made from sheered sheep, not dead sheep, so I feel better about buying them (Correct me if I'm wrong please.), even though I've seen sheepskin for cheaper.

Perhaps the reason mine lasted a long time compared to some other reviewers might be that I use them in slippers rather than shoes that I wear outside, and so they stay very dry. I don't know, I'm just guessing.
on February 6, 2014
I cut these to fit my existing Merrill Encore clogs which had a shearling liner that had worn through. These were not quite the same shape but I did my best to fit it. The first day of wear the some of the fleece came off. Now after a week, they are already worn through in the heel.
on October 21, 2011
If you're looking to add some padding and warmth to boots, especially boots with reinforced shanks where an insole sliding around is not really possible, these are a good choice. I put a pair in my structural firefighting boots (right on top of the factory insoles) this winter and they added a noticeable amount of warmth, just the ticket for calls on cold days when paired with wool socks. They also really helped airflow in the boots, so much so that I left them in when spring came. Just be sure to keep them dry, the glue that holds down the wool will begin to fail when wet and these will fall apart on you if they are not set out to dry promptly. For the price though, you can't really complain too much.
on April 4, 2011
These certainly add warmth and cushion to a boot. They are big enough that I cut out enough for my daughter's size 12 boot, and had some left over for my son's size 4 boot, since mostly just his toes got cold. These are great and I'd buy as many as needed for boot warmth. They are soft and cushiony, and do take up some room in a boot, so be sure to use them for a shoe or boot that has a bit of wiggle room.