360 Cookware Gourmet Slow Cooker and Stainless Steel Stock Pot with Cover, 4 Quart
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cladded 3 ply construction w/110 gauge thickness
- Vapor Cooking
- Cook without the use of water or oil
- Saves energy and time
- Create healthier meals
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What came in the box is a 4 quart stock pot with lid, the Slow Cooker base, a certificate of authenticity/Lifetime Warranty, a catalog of 360 Cookware and a manual with recipes.
The stock pot is a high-end 3 layer design with stainless T304 on the inside, a thick aluminum core, and T400 stainless on the outside layer. The handles are heavy metal. The pot by itself is currently on Amazon for $169. It is designed for "vapor cooking" which seems to have to do with the shape of the lid and how it fits and cooking at lower temperatures. They say that when you are vapor cooking correctly the lid will spin easily on the top of the pot. I found I was able to make this happen.
The base is very nicely made. It has a 9 inch heating zone. It's functionally very basic with the temperature controlled by a knob on the front in a range from 1 to 4. No timer, no display, no programability, and not even a light to indicate it's on. That said it works very well and has a cord long enough to allow flexible placement on the counter.
A note on setting the temperature on the base - there is no detent at 1, 2, 3 or 4. It is continuous like a volume control knob. Why 1 to 4? I don't know why but here are my observations:
1) This is a keep warm level. I would tend to use it at the lowest level
2) This is a low simmer. I think the middle of the "2" range is good for 6h+ slow cooking
3) This is like my high on my Proctor Silex. At the high end of the 3 range figure 3h to 4h times.
4) At 4 is one can braise meat. It's not what I think of as a slow cooker temp, but useful.Read more ›
There are many Pros and Cons to this electric cooker.
If you want to make a hobby of vapor cooking (oh, sorry, Vapor® Cooking, which is a revolutionary cooking method and also a lifestyle) you might really love this thing, and the included recipes.
But there are many ways to steam-cook food. Also, there are a lot of slow cookers in the $30 to $90 range with advantages (and disadvantages) vs this one.
- - - PROs - - -
- Beautiful, heavy stainless steel (clad) pot and lid
- Pot can be used on stove top and on the electric cooker base (also in oven and fridge)
- Not breakable (vs ceramic vessels of many slow cookers)
- - - Things You Might Like, Not Care About, or Dislike - - -
- The control is a thermostat. The base cycles on and off (200 watts) to maintain temperature
- The control has fine adjustment, but no fine adjustment markings, just 4 "zones"
- The control markings have no temperature info
- No timer in the controls
- Nothing complicated about the control
- The control panel looks kind of cheesy
- Everything else about it is classic good looks
- We applied a homemade [not cheesy] faceplate to the control panel that also has ºF markings
- There's no pilot light. Easy to leave on by mistake.
- Energy: Can be more energy efficient than an electric stove
- Energy: Not insulated. Might be less energy efficient (per quart) than some slow cookers?
- Could be very useful in an apartment with no full kitchen
- 4-Quart capacity is on the small side
- Less counter space, and easier to store than most slow cookers
- Hot to touch. No insulated side handles or lid handle.
- Can't see inside without removing lid.Read more ›
Edit March 2016: I noticed the price doubled on this - it was $200 when I bought it two and a half years ago. Now it's $400! Yikes. It is fantastic and we use it on a weekly basis... but I wouldn't have purchased it for $400.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
360 has the BEST cookware! Love this company and made in America!Published 27 days ago by Jennifer W.
A little different from a traditional crockpot but works as advertised and wouldn't use anything else now. A clear lid would be nice but it works great regardless.Published 3 months ago by J WHITE
Very timely Return. It just wasn't big enough for our purposes. Thank you. We will order again.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very high quality piece of cookware! Making my first stew in it tonight.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is our second one....first one is fine but we left it at a friend's house to have it there. Very high quality item and cooks perfectly.Published 5 months ago by craig e
This is one of the best items I have ever purchased on Amazon and it is made in the USA!!!Published 5 months ago by john davis
I bought this all stainless steel slow cooker after discovering that my crockpot might leach lead. The first thing I cooked was bone broth. It is the best broth I have ever tasted! Read morePublished 7 months ago by Claudine W. Jordan
We like the cookware from 360. And contrary to one other post, the base IS made in the USA, except for one single piece (I think the customer service rep said the thermostat or... Read morePublished 10 months ago by kalyson