Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on December 3, 2011
When the glasses arrived I noticed two things immediately. First, they are a bit more of a rectangular shape than the aviator shape shown in the picture on Amazon. Second, The curve of the lenses, though VERY slight, was actually curved away from the wearer's head. Initially, I was sure they were assembled incorrectly. After testing them with the lenses facing either direction however, I realized they only work when they remain with the curved side facing out, so I guess I'm stuck with them looking a little unnatural.

The good news is they DO work with 3D TV's. Keep in mind however, there are TWO types of 3D technologies implemented in consumer 3D televisions at the moment; Active, or Passive... These glasses are for passive 3D. Vivio calls this 'Theater 3D' and I'm aware LG has some TV's that use this type as well. Movie theaters use this and call theirs Real-D. The glasses that come with any of these above will work with the others that use the same technology. You don't have to have Vizio glasses or LG glasses, you could use the glasses from the movie theater if you wanted too.

Basically, if your TV normally uses expensive 3D glasses that take batteries or need to be recharged then this product isn't for you. If your 3D TV came with or uses light weight 3D glasses that don't have batteries, these will make a viable addition or replacement.
on January 20, 2017
This is my second review of this product because apparently the first review as requested via Amazon email was completed incorrectly as indicated by the seller. However, that may have been a good thing for the seller since I have given an additional star on second thought. My original complaint was due to the clips attaching on the lenses and not the frame. But the glasses themselves work very well once you set the 3D lenses on a correct angle to the movie screen.
on March 19, 2012
I read the reviews and bought with caution. Yes they are flimsy and could easily break, but they are not everyday wear items, so anybody with a little foresight can take care of them. I keep mine in an old eyeglass case in the car, ready to be used at any movie theater. I tried them on the first time at the Journey 2 in 3D Movie. I took a pair of regular glasses, just in case, from the ticket counter. I went back and forth between the two glasses and basically they are exactly the same. There was a slight distortion in the lower part of the clip-ons, but that might have been my sitting arrangements, I was late to the theater and had to sit closer than I normally would, front row seats are usually distorted so I can't blame the clip-ons. All in a all for less than ten bucks I enjoyed the movie and did not have a headache afterwards from wearing a double pair of clunky glasses, I'm a happy camper.
You hardly know you're wearing these clip-on 3D glasses. They're very thin and light weight but work perfectly for viewing 3D movies and television. Although several pairs of regular glasses came with our LG 3D TV, but my husband didn't like putting the 3D glasses in front of his prescription lenses so we ordered these. They're unbelievably light and you hardly know you're wearing them. The lenses are flat and clip easily onto your prescription lenses.

They come with a protective film over the lenses so they don't get scratched. You need to carefully remove it to use the lenses. It'll be necessary to handle and store these lenses with care since their thinness makes them fragile. If you sat on them, they'd surely break. But I prefer their light weight to a thicker and heavier lens, in fact we're ordering another couple pair.
on May 19, 2017
So much better than getting them in-theater with glasses.
on February 12, 2011
My family and I love 3-D movies, but we hate trying to fit plastic 3-D glasses on over our other glasses. I was, therefore, very eager to try out this product as soon as I saw it. They easily clip onto the nosebridge on our glasses, and are much more comfortable to use. The viewing result is exactly the same as the polarized 3-D glasses handed out at the theater. The only difference is that they're clip-on's. They are very useful, but not overly sturdy. Because of this I ordered several pairs. I rated them highly for educational and fun value since they enable viewers with glasses to see 3-D movies in greater comfort.
on June 15, 2011
Very light. Can hardly notice wearing them. Using them with the new Vizio 3D 42"LCD and they work just like the originals. So much nicer watching 3D movies now. They're totally flat, so no distortions that I've read about with other clip ons. Gonna order another pair....

Shipping was near instant and I received them super fast. A great experience with product and service!!!
on February 10, 2012
Glasses came on time packed well. I found them a little small for covering large men's glasses but still worked well to see 3D movies with very little added weight. Looked a little fragile for kids use.
on August 20, 2011
Got these clip-ons for TV viewing (Vizio) and I agree that they're much nicer than wearing full 3D glasses over my regular glasses. They seem to work well so far, viewing 3D content on DirecTV.

Minor problem is that the lenses are smaller than I expected, much smaller than my cheap regular clip-on sunglasses; almost look like a child's set, leaving a fair amount of glasses area uncovered. They seem OK for a small living room 3D setup, but I'm not sure how they'll work in a theater setting.

Still -- 4 out of 5 stars.
on December 17, 2012
Nice glasses, but they didn't work for RealD 3D. I guess I was so stoked to find these I didn't read the 1-star reviews.

I still like the idea of the flip-ups, so I'll keep them and replace the lenses in them with the lenses from the Hobbit glasses. Now where is that itty bitty Philips head screwdriver and the 1/64 drill bit?