Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3DS Rechargeable Battery Pack
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 28, 2013
I read the reviews and was very close to not buying it because of a lot of negative feedback, but I gave it a chance because of the price and free shipping (with prime).

The installation was a breeze. The included screwdriver made it easy and the battery fit in perfectly unlike some of the other reviews. It's literally a perfect fit.

Battery life however really is bad. It doesn't even hold a 24 hour charge on standby. It's on par with the battery I threw in the trash (my 2+ year old Nintendo battery).

So, now I get to pay $15 plus shipping for the Nintendo rand battery and solve my woes once and for all. Hope this review saves you time and money.
on June 18, 2011
I will clarify that I did not run a comprehensive series of comparative tests against the factory 3DS battery, which has the same 1300 mAH rating. It was fully charged and played under the same conditions as the factory battery until the battery indicator turned red and the 3DS shut down.

It may have been because I was expecting slightly better results than the factory battery, but the play time on the aftermarket battery was about the same, perhaps slightly worse than the factory battery under normal playing conditions.

Reference the product photo; it is listed as 1800 mAH, but the Yahoo product description properly lists it as 1300 mAH. The packaging of the actual battery received was different than the photo and is correctly labeled as 1300 mAH in white text.

On a related note, the 3DS appears to use the battery to store date and time information, meaning, every time the battery is removed (requiring 4 screws, hence the included miniature screwdriver), it will reset the system date and time, requiring the user to manually re-input the correct date/time. This mild inconvenience (along with the 4 screw cover) makes this not the best solution for those who want multiple batteries on the go to compensate for the relatively short play time of the factory battery.
on November 15, 2013
Bought to replace the battery in my daughter's 3ds. And easy fix with the provided screwdriver. The first one we got was bad, so amazon overnighted a new one and gave us a month to return the old one free of charge. No complaints, and my daughter is happy that she can play her 3ds off the charging cable once again.
on December 27, 2012
Works perfectly - got it to replace the original battery pack which was having some issues. Slightly big - I felt like I had to force it into the slot a bit.
on January 10, 2016
***This purchase was necessary because my other battery deformed for some strange reason, but i'm happy it didn't explode and ruin my 3DS.
***Does this battery last as long as the original 3DS battery? Not from my experience, even if I was under the impression that it was supposed to.
***I find myself running to get the cord more often than with the original battery.
***Let your battery go dead and then do full charges so that you can at least maximize the battery life.

(Nintendo should have allowed for us to use the plug without a battery inside, but it is what it is.)

This is Blu from SdgtStudio.blogspot.com and if you a gamer, check out this multi-platform gaming blog for Nintendo, PC, Playstation & Xbox News and Reviews!

If you like my reviews, votes let me know that I should continue sharing my experiences.
on August 11, 2016
Just what I needed. My battery got bloated and overheated. My local Gamestop didn't have a battery in stock and wanted twice as much to order one. I said "I'm going on Amazon" I pulled out my phone and searched right there. I Ordered this and rubbed their nose in the fact that they lost out for being greedy.

This came a few days later. I already had the back off my 3DS and quickly put this in and tightened the screw and was up and running in seconds.

Thanks for this great product at a great price.
on November 20, 2013
Battery DOES NOT WORK. I ordered it as a replacement battery for my brother's 3DS and it arrived today. I opened up his DS and changed the battery and started charging it. Well, it turns out this battery, charges for like 10 seconds then the light turns off. Then I unplug it and plug it back in, and it charges for another 10 seconds and once again, the light turns off. This happens every time I try to charge it. Even while it's on the 3DS dock.Horrible quality. If it is a defective unit, I hope to get a replacement.
on July 29, 2014
The life of the battery is almost the same that the original on my 3DS (maybe a little less), fit well, was easy to change, I got this by an emergency, I don't expect much but the battery is not so bad, I'll keep it for a while. Well it is not a great product, but for the low price is much better that what I expected
on November 24, 2014
The battery lasts a total of 30 minutes of gameplay, and 2-3 hours tops of listening to music... I got this to replace my factory battery that was going bad. I wish I had just gotten a new factory battery. I would recommend this to someone who needs a temporary one. The shipping speed was good though!
on November 12, 2015
Battery pack came with a screwdriver exactly the right size head to be able to switch battery packs without problems. The screwdriver in tiny, less than 3 inches total, so fine motor skills are necessary.