3Doodler Create 3D Pen with 50 Plastic Strands, No Mess, Non-Toxic -
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- WORLD'S FIRST AND NO. 1 BEST SELLING 3D PEN: 3Doodler Create is the newest model from the maker of the world's first 3D printing pen. The slimmest, lightest, strongest 3Doodler yet. Enhanced design, easy to manage, and improved drive system for quieter and smoother operation, and endless creation. Latest features also include simplified and intuitive controls, and a new ambient light bar.
- DOODLE IN 3D: Draw vertically. Draw horizontally. Lift your imagination off the page! The 3Doodler Create extrudes heated plastic, which instantly hardens, allowing you to literally draw in 3D, freehand or on paper. Change colors quickly and easily. The possibilities are endless.
- 3D ART MADE EASY FOR ALL ADULTS: From hobbyists to crafters, artists and professionals, 3D creation has never been easier. It's the perfect gift for all men and women. Precision crafting and art is easier than ever with the ultimate 3D craft pen.
- MOST VERSATILE 3D PEN: 3Doodler offers the widest range of plastics, no mess, safe and non-toxic. It's the only 3D Art tool with changeable nozzles and unique accessories. Plus, you'll find hundreds of FREE 3Doodler stencils available online for family friendly inspiration. Draw in 3D for hours!
- NO RISK PURCHASE, COMPLETE 3D SET: 360 days FREE replacement policy and unrivaled 24-hour global customer service. THE BOX INCLUDES: 3Doodler Create 3D Pen, 50 FREE Plastic Strands in a selection of multiple colors and materials, Power Adapter, Quick Start Guide, Tools & a ton of creative potential!
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
World's first 3D printing pen
The slim and sleek 3Doodler Create is the latest generation of the best-selling 3D Printing Pen designed for all, from ages 14 to 99.
Extrudes heated plastic that cools almost instantly into a solid, stable structure.
Versatile and easy to use, creators can sketch in 3D, trace shapes from templates to create works of art, wearable pieces, architectural models, and so much more!
What Will You Create?
3Doodler Create pens are compatible only with the highest quality 3Doodler PLA, ABS and FLEXY plastics made in the USA, UK and Spain - to give you the safest creative experience possible.
About the company
- 3Doodler aims to inspire and enable creativity through its range of 3D printing pens and accessories. 3Doodler now makes products for all ages and skill levels, and has sold over 1.4 million pens worldwide to date.
Use 3Doodler Create to...
Create amazing and unique art. Draw on flat surfaces or in the air to turn your art into 3D! Make quirky figurines, stylish wall art, festive decorations and much more with the 3Doodler Create!
Fix & upcycle broken tools, furniture and other homeware. Identify areas of wear and tear, and use your 3Doodler Create to mend, repair, reinforce to extend the life of your stuff.
Design wearable fashion items, jewelry, home décor pieces, and furniture in your favorite color and style. Use different types of plastic and nozzles to achieve the
texture and effect that you want.
Build 3D models of your 2D drawings to test your ideas and verify calculations, before building them in full scale. Present your work in 3D to showcase something that’s tangible and unique.
Easy as 1, 2, 3Doodle!
Turn It On
Set the pen temperature to the correct setting. Turn the pen on and wait for the light to turn to Green / Blue.
Insert 3Doodler plastic strand. Note: 3Doodler Create pen is only compatible with 3Doodler ABS, PLA or FLEXY plastics.
Press the Fast or Slow button to start Doodling. Press again to stop. Double click to reverse the plastic strand.
Adapt to your creative needs
With a huge range of plastic colors, plastic types, nozzles and accessories, you can create almost anything you can imagine.
Fun and creative ideas
Comes with 5 projects to get you started, and hundreds more available online
for you to download for free!
We’re happy to help
Our friendly, global Customer Support team is available around the clock to answer any creative or technical enquiries.
The best community ever
We have a growing community of incredible 3Doodlers who inspire us every day with their new ideas and creations. We can’t wait for you to join us!
The 3Doodler Create is the latest generation of the world’s best selling 3D printing pen. Replacing the 3Doodler 2.0, the new 3Doodler Create incorporates 100s of refinements, for smoother, faster, and more reliable Doodling in 3D. Now branded as 3Doodler Create to capture the amazing versatility of the world’s leading 3D printing device, the Create is perfect for fine art, DIY, maker projects, creating scale models and decorative items.
From the Manufacturer
440 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-4 of 440 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My video review says more than I can say in words, but here is a summary:
As a designer and illustrator, I picked up 3D doodling very quickly, and I was making fantastic models my first day! I can't say everyone will have the same experience, but if you come up with ideas within the realm of what the 3Doodler can do, amazing results will follow. The thought of drawing in 3D is a bit daunting, but this pen exceeded my expectations. You can draw flat on a surface and easily connect pieces together to make complex 3D models, or you can draw straight up into the air. Don't expect to be able to draw every which way in thin air because the plastic takes a second or two to harden, but if you're clever with it, you can figure out ways to achieve whatever you're imagining. Of course there's a learning curve, but keep playing with the 3Doodler and you will make some satisfying things :) The pen is especially good for more organic models, like the cacti you see in the accompanying photo and in my video.
It has a slim body, making it easier to handle. Many of these have rather chunky bodies, so they are tiring to use for any length of time.
It has 2 heat settings, for PLA & ABS plastics. Not all of these pens do.
It comes with a nice assortment of filament sticks, to start you off.
The company sells a wide array of colors and styles of filaments (including clear, opaque and metallic.)
The included instructions are very clear. (Do read them all the way through before you start.)
The company's website has loads of videos and project plans to teach you to use it and give you ideas. The site is www.the3doodler.com
The filament can get jammed (but tools and instructions for unjamming are included.) To be fair, I suspect this is true with other 3D pens, as well.
It takes 3mm sticks of filament, which means that you are best off using their product and there is only so much of it available in stores. ( I can get some colors at Michael's, but mostly I have to order it.)
Finally, some suggestions;
The tip of this pen (or just about any, but the 3Doddler start, which is made for kids) gets rather hot. So keep it away from your fingertips.
Also, plan to have a heat-tolerant surface where you can put it down, when you need to. A silicone pot holder with do nicely.
Check out some of their accessories. I have found the Doodle Pad ( a plastic overlay) and the extra nozzle set especially useful.
Spend some time with their basic instruction videos. This takes some learning.
The fun is as limitless as imagination!
Features this pen has that some others don't:
1. You can use any ABS, PLA, or flexy filament if it's the right size. They say only to use straight rod filament, but I've seen reviewers online try to use spool filament and they say it worked fine.
2. Other reviewers warn that this pen is prone to clogging. I didn't experience any clogging during my first 5 hours of use. But it does come with tools to clear and replace the extruder.
3. This pen has filament retraction! If you intend to use this pen to make finished objects, not just prototypes, this feature is a must. It pulls back the filament after release to take pressure off the extruder, which prevents stringing and oozing at the hot end. I bought this pen specifically for this feature, and it was the cheapest pen I could find with this feature AND item 1 of this list.
4. It's really light and comfortable to hold. Phone manufacturers keep making phones to big for my hands, and stylus manufacturers keep making styluses too small for my fingers. So I notice right away when something is MY size. This pen is perfect for my slightly below average size adult man hands.
Now the features this pen lacks:
1. No internal battery. The adapter included is not used for charging. It directly powers the device. I found it annoying to have a cable attached to it, but the trade-off is that this pen is really light. You won't run into any problems with top-heaviness or hand strain. This missing feature is actually an advantage if you have an unsteady hand, arthritis, or want to use the pen for hours at a time. I used it for 5 hours straight with no pain.
2. Variable speed. There are only 2 speeds. For me, the slow setting is almost too fast for me. It took some practice before I could keep up.
3. Fan. There's no cooling fan like FDM printers have. So although you totally can draw straight up into the air, it is very difficult to draw at an angle. You have to move the pen slightly faster than it extrudes in order to keep tension on the hot material while it cools.
Now for criticism:
1. The clear door near the hot end is really hard to put back in place once removed. I plan to make a replacement on my FDM printer.
2. The pen starts extruding when you press the button, then doesn't stop until you press it again. This seems dangerous, and it caused a few mistakes during use. I think it would be much better to use a normally-open switch so it stops as soon as you let go.