CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3Doodler 2.0 3D Printing Pen + 2 Packs of ABS Plastic Strands
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Specifications for this item
|UPC||841110114702 , 853653006451|
|EAN||0841110114702 , 0853653006451|
|Item Weight||9.8767093376 ounces|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
3D Doodler 2.0 Pen with 2 Packs of Strands
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1. A new strand will take about 30 seconds after inserting before it starts flowing (after the LED changes to blue or green). The plastic needs to melt before it will start to feed. You may need to push in and turn it a bit to get it to grab. Be very patient. If you hear some crackling noises that's a good thing.
2. There is a fan noise and a mechanical drive noise. These two noises sound very similar (high pitch hum). When we first started using it, I thought the pen was stuck in continuous mode because we couldn’t get it to shut off. However, when in normal mode and you stop pressing the flow button the fan noise will continue for about 5 seconds even tho the plastic flow has stopped. This took us awhile to figure out.
3. Have small tweezers and a straight pin handy. I have to take it apart and clean it a lot. The access cover is easy to remove once you get the hang of it and if it ever seems like it’s not working, there is probably a small bit of dried up plastic in the gears. I take the access cover off a lot. It only takes about a minute to clear everything out once you know what you are doing and what to look for.
4. The pen has to be hot to remove the nozzle. The nozzle can be unclogged (while hot) with a straight pin.
5. If a strand gets too short you cannot reverse it back out if you are done and you have to use up the rest of that strand. Use a new strand to measure how deep the old strand is inside the pen. If it is too short to reach the logo on the outside of the pen, it is too short to retract and you have to use it up. In a pinch, if you don’t want to use it or it gets stuck, you can remove the access panel and/or nozzle, and use the cleaning rod to push it out backwards.
6. When a strand starts getting short and you want to use a new strand, you have to push the new strand in a little to get it to catch in the drive. The drive mechanism is very short so the new strand won’t automatically feed at first.
7. Don’t leave plastic in the pen when you are not using it. Clean it out thoroughly after each use. It only takes about a minute to do.
8. If you are going to switch from ABS to PLA, make sure the pen is totally clear of the ABS first. ABS requires a higher temperature than PLA, so if there is still ABS in the pen it will clog it up if it is on the PLA setting.
The device was almost completely defective.
The company was impossible to get on the phone.
And their email response after 3 days was to ship the pen back to them for repair. even though it was brand new.
So we returned it to Amazon and ordered another.
The 2nd one that arrived was an already opened unit that someone else had returned for the same reason!!!
So we ordered a 3rd one.
This 3rd one worked for about 10 minutes, and then stopped feeding the plastic strands into it. It just stopped working.
Now we're done. 3 of them was enough to show us that these just don't work.