|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.9 x 7.5 x 7.5 inches|
|Item model number||05096|
|Manufacturer Part Number||05096|
|OEM Part Number||05096|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3M 05096 Acryl-Green Spot Putty Tube - 14.5 oz.
|Price:||$17.20 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$9.79 (36%)|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item 3M 05096 Acryl-Green Spot Putty Tube - 14.5 oz.
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Tool Deals||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||7.5 x 9.87 x 7.5 in||8 x 8 x 8 in||1.8 x 3.7 x 8 in||7.6 x 13.1 x 9 in||3 x 9 x 3 in||3 x 3 x 9 in|
3M 5096 Acryl-Green Spot Putty, 14.5 oz. Tube Fast drying easy sanding putty designed for spotty repairs. Spreads very easily. Loads paper less and can be sanded in 10 to 15 minutes.
From the manufacturer
3M Acryl Putty
3M Acryl Putty restores smooth, flawless surfaces by filing small pinholes, scratches, stone chips and other minor blemishes in automotive and marine finishes. The acrylic putty offers easy sanding, smooth spreading and low shrinkage.
- Putty fills minor surface imperfections
- Easy working properties include good spreadability
- Leaves smooth edges with quality feathering
- Low shrinkage offers better final results
- Available in fast, medium and slow drying formulas
Patch Minor Imperfections
3M Acryl Putty fills minor surface blemishes in cars, trucks, vans, boats and other vehicles. The acrylic glazing putty offers excellent workability with easy and smooth spreadability that effectively conceals pinholes, sand scratches and other spot repairs. Once the putty fully cures, appreciate its low rate of shrinkage and excellent adhesion to the surface. The repaired patch will resist flaking and chipping.
Better Feathering Means Less Work
The spot putty offers high quality feathering properties, meaning it is easy to smooth out the edges to blend with the surrounding surface. Good feathering will produce more satisfactory results and reduce sanding.
Choose the Putty that's Right for You
3M Acryl Putty comes in multiple formulas offering different rates of drying, working time and sanding time. Use these numbers as estimates only. Actual drying, work and sanding times will vary depending on environmental conditions.
- 3M Acryl-White Putty is a slow drying formula with a 2.5 minute work time and 25 minute sanding time
- 3M Acryl-Red Putty is a medium drying formula with 2 minute work time and 20 minute sanding time
- 3M Acryl-Green Putty is a fast drying formula with a 1.5 minute work time and 15 minute sanding time
Available in green, white and red, 3M Acryl Putty restores smooth, flawless surfaces
Directions for Use:
- 1. Do not apply when ambient temperatures are below 55ºF or above 110ºF. Use in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flame. (Do not apply material below the water line unless top coating.)
- 2. For best results apply only over clean primed surfaces. (Use compressed air to remove any dust contamination).
- 3. Apply using a plastic or metal spreader pressing the putty firmly into the imperfections; keep the application thickness to 1/16" or less. Apply in thin coats instead of one thick application.
- 4. Allow to dry prior to sanding. Sand (wet or dry) using 3M abrasives in the following sequence: P180, P220, P320. Note: As with any putty, longer drying times will occur with high humidity, thick applications and low temperatures.
- 5. Re-clean surface prior to priming or top coating. (Follow paint manufacturer’s recommendation for priming and top coating).
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
You can mold/shape/sculpt right out of the bottle and it dries hard and relatively quickly.
Working time is between 3-5 minutes and total dry time is 15 minutes. If you are not a fast worker, 3M makes other acryl based putty of different colors. Each color represents the drying time of the putty.
The life of the putty can be extended with a little mineral spirits in a glass jar, preferably with a lid. If you close the putty in a jar with the spirits, it will stay malleable all night.
This product also sands very well.
I give it 4.5 stars only because it is no better than any of the others I have tested. I like the amount you get for the price. That is the biggest selling point for me.
Most recent customer reviews
However, it worked good on my car body.Read more