|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 8.3 inches|
|Item model number||05098|
|Manufacturer Part Number||05098|
|National Stock Number||8030-01-104-6447|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3M 05098 Acryl-Red Glazing Putty Tube - 14.5 oz.
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $6.79. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$1.78 (7%)|
Unlock 5% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$9.99|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Gott Electronics||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Auto Body Toolmart|
|Item Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 8.3 in||4.5 x 2 x 8.8 in||1.8 x 3.7 x 8 in||8 x 8 x 8 in||7.6 x 13.1 x 9 in||7.3 x 6.5 x 6.5 in|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Good general purpose putty. Fills small pinholes and scratches. Spreads and sands easily, dries fast, has minimum shrinkage and excellent adhesion. It loads paper less and feathers out to a smooth surface.
From the manufacturer
3M Acryl Putty
3M Acryl Putty restores smooth, flawless surfaces by filing small pinholes, scratches, stone chips and other minor blemishes in automotive and marine finishes. The acrylic putty offers easy sanding, smooth spreading and low shrinkage.
- Putty fills minor surface imperfections
- Easy working properties include good spreadability
- Leaves smooth edges with quality feathering
- Low shrinkage offers better final results
- Available in fast, medium and slow drying formulas
Patch Minor Imperfections
3M Acryl Putty fills minor surface blemishes in cars, trucks, vans, boats and other vehicles. The acrylic glazing putty offers excellent workability with easy and smooth spreadability that effectively conceals pinholes, sand scratches and other spot repairs. Once the putty fully cures, appreciate its low rate of shrinkage and excellent adhesion to the surface. The repaired patch will resist flaking and chipping.
Better Feathering Means Less Work
The spot putty offers high quality feathering properties, meaning it is easy to smooth out the edges to blend with the surrounding surface. Good feathering will produce more satisfactory results and reduce sanding.
Choose the Putty that's Right for You
3M Acryl Putty comes in multiple formulas offering different rates of drying, working time and sanding time. Use these numbers as estimates only. Actual drying, work and sanding times will vary depending on environmental conditions.
- 3M Acryl-White Putty is a slow drying formula with a 2.5 minute work time and 25 minute sanding time
- 3M Acryl-Red Putty is a medium drying formula with 2 minute work time and 20 minute sanding time
- 3M Acryl-Green Putty is a fast drying formula with a 1.5 minute work time and 15 minute sanding time
Available in green, white and red, 3M Acryl Putty restores smooth, flawless surfaces
Directions for Use:
- 1. Do not apply when ambient temperatures are below 55ºF or above 110ºF. Use in a well ventilated area away from sparks or open flame. (Do not apply material below the water line unless top coating.)
- 2. For best results apply only over clean primed surfaces. (Use compressed air to remove any dust contamination).
- 3. Apply using a plastic or metal spreader pressing the putty firmly into the imperfections; keep the application thickness to 1/16" or less. Apply in thin coats instead of one thick application.
- 4. Allow to dry prior to sanding. Sand (wet or dry) using 3M abrasives in the following sequence: P180, P220, P320. Note: As with any putty, longer drying times will occur with high humidity, thick applications and low temperatures.
- 5. Re-clean surface prior to priming or top coating. (Follow paint manufacturer’s recommendation for priming and top coating).