|Item Weight||2.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.5 x 8 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||08963|
|Manufacturer Part Number||08963|
|Vehicle Service Type||all-terrain-vehicles, utility-vehicles, street-sport-motorcycles, off-road-motorcycles, street-cruiser-motorcycles, street-touring-motorcycles, street-motor-scooters, snowmobiles, marine-personal-craft|
Rejuvenate Your Fuel System
If your car is running a little sluggish, our 3M™ Fuel System Tune Up Kit might be just the answer for restoring its performance. This kit is a 3-part automotive service kit intended for use on 4-cycle gasoline internal combustion engines. Individual components of the kit include: 3M™ Intake System Cleaner 08954, 3M™ Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner 08989 and 3M™ Complete Fuel System Cleaner 08813.
Remove the Residue that Robs Your Vehicle of its Performance
This kit cleans the soot and carbon from your engine in three easy steps. It will clean fuel injectors, intake manifolds, valves and the combustion chamber. By doing so, it helps restore power, performance and fuel economy, as well as protects against carbon buildup and engine knocks caused by carbon deposits. Here's how to use the kit:
Step 1: Spray the Intake Cleaner into the engine. This product cleans deposits from the intake manifold, intake valves and combustion chambers of your engine.
Step 2: Clean the throttle plate. Apply 3M™ Throttle Plate Cleaner to both front and back sides of the throttle plate and surrounding areas. A clean rag can be used to help remove softened deposits. Spray and wipe until clean. Most throttle plates can be cleaned with an ounce or two of cleaner. Throttle plate cleaner will both clean and lubricate the system. This cleaner has a lubricant that will keep the throttle plate moving freely until the next time the service is performed.
Step 3: Pour in tank additive. Add the 3M™ Complete Fuel System cleaner to a full tank of gasoline (12 to 20 gallons). Recommended dilution ratio is one ounce additive per gallon. This fuel tank additive continues the cleaning process in all critical engine areas, including the fuel injectors, while you use your next tank of gas.
Appropriate for Professional and Home Automotive Shops
Using this kit is appropriate for both professional and home garage mechanics who can confidently do the following: Users must be able to find the throttle body, open the throttle plate and set the idle. Completing this projects only requires common tools, including appropriate safety equipment, straight and Phillips screwdrivers, a socket set and rags. An instructional DVD is included with the kit.
Make it a Part of Regular Vehicle Maintenance
By removing carbon and varnish deposits, the kit is intended to boost performance for quicker acceleration on the road and increased fuel economy. 3M™ Fuel System Tune Up Kit is recommended as part of a regular vehicle maintenance schedule to be performed every 10,000 miles.
The 3M Fuel System Tune-up Kit is a economical solution for achieving professional mechanic grade fuel efficiency and performance out of fuel systems. Made up of three quality 3M automotive products -- 3M Intake System Cleaner, 3M Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner and 3M Complete Fuel System Cleaner -- together they work to remove carbon, varnishes at soot from all areas of your fuel system. This easy to use tuning system is useable by virtually any would-be mechanic.
Increase Fuel Economy, Power and Acceleration
Because no engine is 100% efficient, carbon, resins, and varnishes eventually build up in critical engine components, causing a reduction in fuel economy, power and acceleration. Until now car owners needed to pay for a professional fuel system service to remedy this, which can be very costly. But now 3M has provided do-it-yourself consumers with a great new way to get maximum performance from their vehicles from the convenience of their own home garage, for less than ½ the cost of what they would pay for the same results at a service center, with the 3M Fuel System Tune-up Kit.
DIY Solution in 3 Easy Steps
The 3M Fuel System Tune-up Kit combines the strengths of three quality 3M automotive maintenance products into a single fuel system tune-up program that when performed annually, or every 10,000 miles, will improve vehicle performance and gas mileage. These three products are: 3M Intake System Cleaner, 3M Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner and 3M Complete Fuel System Cleaner. The steps involved in this process are easy to perform and can feasibly be done by a single person, but are more easily achieved with the aid of an assistant behind the wheel at certain stages.
- Step 1 - 3M Intake System Cleaner: Follow the fresh intake hose to the outside of your engine's throttle body. Remove the hose boot clamp where it enters the throttle body with a screw driver to access the throttle plate. Insert the 3M Intake System Cleaner's attached hose past the throttle plate and slip the intake hose boot back on. With the help of an assistant, start the car engine while the work area is monitored. When the engine idle reaches 500-1,000 RPM, hold steady at this rate and spray the product's contents into the running engine. This process cleans intake manifolds, valves and combustion chambers. Use the entire can, which may take several minutes. Turn off the engine, remove the product hose and proceed to step 2.
- Step 2 - 3M Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner: Again, with the help of an assistant, place the vehicle ignition in the "Run" position, but with the engine NOT started, and depress the accelerator to expose both sides of the throttle plate. Spray both sides of the plate, as well as the throttle body with 3M Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner. Wipe excessive cleaner away and/or let wet areas dry for a few minutes with the throttle plate open before you replace the fresh air hose boot, tighten it up. This process cleans your engine's throttle plate and lubricates key pivot areas. Proceed to step 3.
- Step 3 - 3M Complete Fuel System Cleaner: This last step continues the treatment of all critical fuel system components. Add 3M Complete Fuel System Cleaner to a full tank, at a recommended delusion ratio of one ounce of additive to each gallon of fuel. Start the engine, allowing it to idle for a few minutes before driving it for 10-15 minutes. 3M Complete Fuel System Cleaner cleans injectors, intake valves and an combustion chambers while your engine consumes this tank of gas.
- Helps to restore power and save on gas mileage by cleaning air intake and fuel systems
- Easy, quick three-step procedure is even more simple to perform than an oil change
- Requires only a few common hand-tools and safety items
What's in the Box
- 1 - 8.75 oz. canister of 3M Intake System Cleaner
- 1 - 4 oz. canister of 3M Throttle Plate and Carb Cleaner
- 1 - 16 fluid oz. bottle of 3M Complete Fuel System Cleaner
Limitation of Liability
Except where prohibited by law, 3M will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from use of this 3M product, whether direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential, regardless of the legal theory asserted, including warranty, contract, negligence or strict liability.
A recognized leader in research and development, 3M produces thousands of innovative products for dozens of diverse markets. 3M's core strength is applying its more than 40 distinct technology platforms – often in combination – to a wide array of customer needs. With $23 billion in sales, 3M employs 75,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries.