Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3M Virtua Protective Eyewear, Clear Frame, Clear Anti-Fog Lens
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Size Name: 1 Count|Change
Price:$2.41+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 21, 2012
These are a great pair of glasses. I use them as a dental student. They look very nice, are light, and have given me good safety coverage when needed since they sit pretty close to my face. There aren't many nooks and crannies, so these are easy to disinfect and wipe off. Although at times things get hot and these get a little moist, I don't really have problems with them fogging up, despite wearing a mask.

However, I have noticed that the anti fog coating has started to come off in one area (looks like a shellac chipping off), probably due to the disinfecting wipes we use.

These are great glasses for a great price, however, they may have a limited life if you are disinfecting them with chemicals. At this price, I'd give them a shot. I'm still wearing mine since the coating is coming off in an area that doesn't obscure my vision.

Hope this review was helpful in your decision. If there are questions or if there is anything I can clarify, please leave me a comment.
on February 12, 2010
An electrical company I was working for at the time issued us these because our site required us to wear them at all times. Over 60 employees wore them every day for two years if I remember right. No one complained about the fit (or the optics???) but they are not anti fog after you clean them. No safety glasses are anit fog, anit scratch or UV protective long term (and depending on how many times you clean them) except the vary high end ones (those being the ones people that don't do any actual work ware if you get what I`m sayng) They are pretty light weight and that helps a lot with the comfort. I'm not going to say they don't get scratch up. Every pare of safely glasses I've ever owned eventually get scratches unless you baby them like they are a pair of nice sunglasses.

Safety glasses are made for the express purpose of getting beat up and scratched and so far these are the cheapest ones I can find that are still light and comfortable. Meaning all it takes is a trip to lowes with full pocket of change to get a new pair.
on October 27, 2011
Looks great, super light weight, comfortable fit, nice close wrap of the eye shield around the face. Write your name on the temple with a sharpie so they don't get lost on the job site.

The lens is not a true zero-power optic. This is the case for many low-end safety glasses however these are noticeably more so than my DeWalt glasses. I'd guess the magnification power is about +0.5 diopter. Over time this is enough to cause eye strain for some people or a slight nausea if you move around a lot. Also the lenses are not anti-reflection coated which causes some annoying internal reflections and reduces the optical quality especially around bright lights.
on March 25, 2011
They fit great, don't fog up and don't leave those awful "goggles" line on your face. I use them for my college chemistry courses and they work great.
on June 27, 2015
Package arrived in a plastic bag, which had obviously been opened prior to shipment. When I took the glasses out of the bag, I found that they were warped quite significantly, particularly at the nose bridge. Setting the glasses on a table revealed about a four centimeter difference between the height of the left and right ear fittings from the table. Further inspection showed that the angle of curve at the end of the right ear fitting was substantially greater than that of the left.

I didn't seen any point in returning these, so I used a heat gun to bend the glasses to a symmetric shape, which was about 95% effective. They fit relatively well, and seem to be rather durable. The plastic lenses are crystal clear.

I would hope that few people are actually sent defective glasses like this, however it casts doubt on their quality assurance process for me. I am surprised that somebody thought it would be a good idea to ship these to me, when the already open bag seems to suggest they were already a return item from another customer.
review image review image review image
on July 27, 2011
I bought a pair of the clear lenses for cycling. Fits great, extremely comfortable and lightweight, no distortion from the lenses. The wraparound design keeps everything out of my eyes when I'm riding in the city. The only problem is that the clear glasses are hard to see when you put them down somewhere, so I ended up losing them. Great safety glasses, I'd buy them again.
on October 23, 2010
I bought these from Home Depot (AOSafety Model #90551) and they seem great. I tried them on outdoors and did not notice any optical distortion. I looked at the trees and my hands to see if I could see detail from far away and up close and everything seemed very clear and detailed. I removed the glasses and looked again and everything seemed identical.

The glasses are very light and I like their "simple" look (most safety glasses just look like they're trying too much to look cool and come off a bit gaudy). They have good wrap around protection and although they look slim to me they cover up to my eyebrows and about an equal distance down under my eye. I tried looking up and down and they seem to stay in place very well and do not move around even when looking straight down. I'll try to post a pic if I can.

Note: Although my pair look identical to the pair here, they do not mention anything about anti-fog.
review image
on February 23, 2012
Lost my favorite safety glasses that I use for night riding on my motorcycle. These are just as good as the ones they replaced. The wrap around frame and large side part keeps the wind out of my eyes without having to resort to goggles, which fog up on me. Nice product.
on September 28, 2014
I never wore safety glasses for yard work until I caught a flying stone in the eye and ended up having to wear an eye patch for a couple of weeks. I tell you, patches may look cool on a pirate, but they're not much fun otherwise. My last pair got crushed so I tried these from Amazon. At first I was worried they were going to be a little tight, but since I've gotten used to them have decided they're okay. The lens is clear - no distortion. They seem as sturdy as the last few pairs I've had and believe they're going to work out fine.
on March 14, 2015
Let's face it - these safety glasses are not perfect, nothing is. One can find little issues with them all day long, BUT, at only $1.83 as an "add-on" item here on Amazon coupled with they do the job required - suddenly all the faults seem to melt away. These glasses do the job as well as other glasses in the $5 - $10 range elsewhere, and at $1.83 I can have multiple pairs for convenience, and not stress if I drop them and scratch the lenses. I bought five, and may buy more if they stay at this price point.

These same glasses can sell for $5 - $10 elsewhere, and compared to other glasses selling in the same price range, these are just as good. I like them because they fit my large-ish head well, and the optics are clear for a cheap set of glasses. I use them in a woodshop, and they could fall to a concrete floor, so I don't want an expensive set of safety glasses. I want one that does the job when needed, and have plenty of them in different locations so they are convenient to access, and I won't stress if they get dropped. Plus, my two sons help me in the woodshop at times, and having extra pairs are a must. We also use them if we go shooting, as well as any other home repair job, so they serve double and triple duty. I keep these in multiple places for many needs in addition to the woodshop.

There are plenty of choices for safety glasses, and just as many price points. You can spend as much as you want - it all depends on your needs. If you need a set that stays on your head for 8 hours a day, are a critical component to your job, and need to be scratch/fog resistant and have perfect optics - look elsewhere, these won't meet those requirements. But, if you want a serviceable set of safety glasses that do the job on a temporary basis, and won't break the bank - give these a look. Heck, for $1.83, even if you hate them you are only out a cup of coffee! These glasses fall into the no-brainer category if you are looking for bang for the buck.

Thanks for reading.