Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 172 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 179 reviews
on December 13, 2011
I have severe asthma. The slightest exposure to dust, mold, polen etc. can set off a debilitating ashtma attach. I am susceptible to bronchial infection. A trip in an airplane is like inhaling germ soup. I wear the mask when flying, gardening, doing household cleaning and repairs, and in wind storms. It really works. Try it and you will see for yourself. Forget about your appearance when wearing it. Health is worth everything. This product will help keep you healthy. Comes twenty masks to a box. I would discard the mask after every use.
55 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 7, 2014
These are not flimsy masks! They fit around your nose and face perfect to protect you from breathing in any germs. The elastics are nice and stretchy to fit across the bottom of your neck and up over your ear. There is a metal band that you contour to fit your nose. It is a comfortable mask to wear and stays in place. The only drawback is I wear glasses and they steam up but that isn't the fault of the mask. I have purchased other masks that don't do the job of protecting you. I am happy that 3M designed and manufactured these masks for so many of us that have to wear a mask in public or otherwise places.
on October 31, 2015
In the past, I used particulate masks with ventilation flaps for basic household chores. However, sometimes I had to tie a cloth handkerchief over top to keep dust from entering flap. Then someone told me that these surgical masks would filter smaller particulates which I am severely allergic to. So far I've used these three times: once for yard work like raking leaves, once for filtering out pet dander, and once for cleaning really dusty areas. I didn't have an allergic asthma attack any of those times so I'd say they work really well. Will probably buy again. Also, I received them quickly and in good shape.
on August 13, 2012
I do a lot of remodeling, and I get into every kind of hazardous airborne particles you could imagine. There are times I have to use a respirator, but most of the time I just use a dust particle mask. I bought them by the cast and go through a half dozen or more a day. I thought they were the most feasible application, but over the years I noticed I had become a bit more sensitive to formaldehyde, fiberglass and the overall accumulation of unknown particles. I would put a foam strip on the nose piece to keep my breath from fogging up my goggles, and even an extra wrap to hold it on more snuggly. I have tried every type of mask on the market. They either just hung on my face like a cardboard box, clog up immediately or became saturated with moisture while breathing. Most were just way too expensive and over rated.
I noticed the price of these 3M Medical Masks have become a lot more reasonable without leaving out any of the great features about it. The two band straps hold it snuggly and evenly on your face without leaving any permanent facial disfiguration like those heavy respirators do. The inner material is soft and sealing on your face and doesn't build up moisture. The outer 'clinical' looking green material might be great for restricting fluids from absorbing into the mask and possibly being drawn into your lungs, it also restricts dust particles from accumulating and clogging. And equally as important, it already comes with the upgraded foam at the nose piece.
I also noticed, I don't go through these as quickly as other masks, whether less or even more expensive. Not much more I can ask for. I think I'll order these on a scheduled basis.
NOTE: If there are warnings on products that may cause lung disease, like cigarettes, chemical sprays, etc. - Then there should be a Green label on this product stating it May Prevent lung diseases.
44 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2017
Imagine a straight jacket for your mouth.
on October 1, 2014
This is what I posted for my friends on FaceBook: "Now that we've got EBOLA right here in Texas, you should order face masks. There are masks for different uses, but these are the masks we've bought & after seeing them & trying them on, we are pleased with them. This only comes in regular size, but it fits Mike & I comfortably. These are much more economical than buying them in stores."
on December 25, 2013
I do not know if these would keep anyone from getting ill, they don't seem to fit that close to your face. These do not let you breath too well for long periods of time. They do work in a pinch for working around dust, sawdust, ect. I would buy these again.
on June 30, 2017
They work just fine
on August 16, 2017
worked well
on March 25, 2017
Looks like the product is of good quality. Not tried one yet.