|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 6 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||488|
|Manufacturer Part Number||488|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.20 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Bondo 488 Fiberglass Mat
|Price:||$3.80 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||$1.82 (32%)|
|You Save:||Save $0.57 (15%)|
Order it now.
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Add 5 products that arrive in the same month to unlock savings on thousands of other eligible products. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Bondo Fiberglass Cloth Tape, Mat & Cloth are perfect for any size job. Great for repairs on any surface, including metal, fiberglass, and wood.
From the manufacturer
Bondo Fiberglass Mat
Ideal Choice for Larger Repairs Where Strength is Essential
Bondo Fiberglass Mat consists of interlocking strands of fiberglass to repair holes and gaps in jobs of any size from large to small. Use fiberglass mat on anything from automobiles and boats to tubs, showers, sinks, pools, hot tubs and more. Versatile repair material works on most any surface, including metal, fiberglass, and wood.
Slightly thicker than fiberglass cloth, Bondo Fiberglass Mat is recommended when additional strength is required on more severe repairs like larger holes and cracks. When used with Bondo Fiberglass Resin PN 401, 402, 404 (sold separately), repairs are 100% waterproof, making the products ideal for automobile, tub, shower, sink, pool, hot tub, boat repair and more. This product can also be used on additional surfaces such as wood, concrete and metal to provide extremely strong, durable and waterproof repairs.
Strong, Reinforced Repairs
When properly used with Bondo Fiberglass Resin, Bondo Fiberglass Mat reinforces repair areas and allows for repainting so that the repair looks like the original surface once the job is complete. Fiberglass mat is easy to cut to size and shape for customized repairs on automobiles. Fiberglass mat is often used with fiberglass cloth and fiberglass resin for repairs. Once the patched area has cured, it can be sanded smoothly so that it is level with the surrounding surface. A fiberglass repair completed with resin and mat is fully compatible with being painted.
Benefits of Fiberglass Mat
Fiberglass mat consists of short strands of fiberglass bonded together with a resin. Fiberglass mat offers numerous other benefits, including a resistance to expansion or contraction as temperatures change. Fiberglass mat will not absorb moisture and is non-flammable. The fiberglass mat is also resistant to most chemicals.
- Fiberglass mat offers additional thickness to provide structural reinforcement for stronger repairs
- .30 mm mat can be hand torn for quick backside repairs
- Flexible mat allows for easy repairs to contoured surfaces
- Versatile product works for repairing automobiles, boats, tubs, showers, sinks, pools, hot tubs and more
- Fiberglass mat repairs multiple surfaces including concrete, wood, fiberglass, metal and more
- Creates a waterproof repair that will not rust or rot
- Use during the Fill stage of the 3M Body Repair System
Repairs Customized to Your Needs
This fiberglass mat is highly pliable, enabling it to conform to curved surfaces on automobiles. The flexible nature of the mat allows for customized automotive bodywork repairs on fenders, doors, hoods and other sections of the car body.
Use During the Fill Stage of the 3M Body Repair System
Even a small repair can seem complex at first. So 3M’s Body Repair System simplifies the entire automotive body repair process by dividing it into four stages:
- Stage 1 – Prepare. This stage includes pulling dents, removal of paint and rust and efficient, effective masking of the area.
- Stage 2 – Fill. This stage involves patching holes with reinforced filler and smoothing and shaping filler before painting.
- Stage 3 – Paint. This stage includes painting the area and blending and smoothing primer and paint.
- Stage 4 – Finish. The final stage for showroom-grade results: removing small defects, sealing and polishing clear coats and other painted surfaces.
- 3M supplies premium products such as abrasives, tapes, body fillers and tools for every stage. This system helps you work easily, efficiently and successfully across the entire body repair process.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
1. It's not consistent. The mat is thicker in spots and thinner in others.
2. It's dusty. White dust. I can only assume from the manufacturing process but I imagine it's not healthy or good for your glassing
3. it's not a lot. If your project involves anything more than fixing a few cracks or holes you'll need more than this small package offers.
I was going to give this a lower star rating until I did the math: At $6 for 8sqft that's $.75/sqft. I bought the 3sqyd Evercoat Sea-glass matt in bulk and although it's a better product... it comes out to 1.16/sqft. surprised me to see it that much more even though it comes in bulk. So now I don't know what I'll do for future products. Buy a bunch of these cheaper ones or spend slightly more for a better quality glass.
that this individual user is a novice fiberglass user, and the material is not weaved.
Still compared with WestMarine's $22.99 for the same amount of material, buy it!