Other Sellers on Amazon
3M VHB Heavy Duty Mounting Tape 5952, 0.125" width x 5yd length (1 Roll)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Eliminates drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding, and clean-up
- Firm foam construction provides excellent tape strength
- Double sided, pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact with no drying time
- Long term durability, with no unsightly rivet heads or weld marks
- Continuous bond distributes stress over entire length of the joined surfaces
|Compatible Material||Paints , Plastics , Powder Coated Paints|
|Item Thickness||0.045 inches|
|Lower Temperature Rating||-35 degrees_celsius|
|Manufacturer Series Number||5952|
|Number of Items||1|
|Size||0.125 Inches x 5 Yards|
|Specification Met||Ul746c Listings - File Mh 17478|
|Tensile Strength||90 pounds_per_square_inch|
|Upper Temperature Rating||90 degrees_celsius|
Specification for this product family
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
3M VHB Tape 5952
3M VHB Tape 5952
Dream, Design, Deliver with 3M VHB Tape 5952. It is a black, 0.045 in (1.1 mm) modified acrylic adhesive with a very conformable, foam core. It can replace rivets, welds and screws. The fast and easy to use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability. It offers design flexibility with its viscoelasticity and powerful ability to bond to a variety of surfaces.
- Fast and easy-to-use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability
- Virtually invisible fastening keeps surfaces smooth
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives
- Black, 0.045 in (1.1 mm), modified acrylic adhesive and very conformable acrylic foam core bonds to a wide variety of substrates including powder coated paints and irregular surfaces
- Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more by offering better gap filling capabilities
- Pressure sensitive adhesive bonds on contact to provide immediate handling strength
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
- Decorative material and trim
- Nameplates and logos
- Electronic displays
- Panel to frame
- Stiffener to panel
Convenience Meets Extreme Bonding Power
3M VHB Tape consists of a durable acrylic adhesive with viscoelastic properties. This provides an extraordinarily strong double sided foam tape that adheres to a broad range of substrates, including aluminum, stainless steel, galvanized steel, composites, plastics, acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS and painted or sealed wood and concrete. This bonding tape provides excellent shear strength, conformability, surface adhesion and temperature resistance. They are commonly used in applications across a variety of markets including transportation, appliance, electronics, construction, sign and display and general industrial. Reliably bonds a variety of materials with strength and speed for permanent applications.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science and Innovation
The 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division applies the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, these technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
Dream, Design, Deliver with the 5952 Family of 3M VHB Tapes
The 5952 family of 3M VHB Tapes utilizes modified acrylic adhesive on both sides of a very conformable, adhesive foam core. The combination of strength, conformability and adhesion makes this family one of the most capable and well-rounded 3M VHB Tapes. It is specifically designed for good adhesion to high, medium and lower surface energy plastics and paints, metals and glass. Applications for this tape include bonding and sealing polycarbonate lens over LCD, signage and windows to post-painted control panels.
An Unconventional Foam Tape
3M VHB Tapes were invented in 1980 as the first of their kind. These unique tapes combine conformability with a strong, permanent bond. The result is a family of extraordinarily strong tapes that adhere to a broad range of substrates. 3M VHB Tape is a proven alternative to screws, rivets, welds and other forms of mechanical fasteners. Skyscrapers, cell phones, electronic highway signs, refrigerators, architectural windows and more all rely on this specialty bonding tape for one or more steps in the assembly, mounting, fastening and sealing process. This trusted and reliable tape offers a consistent bond, outstanding durability and excellent solvent and moisture resistance.
Proven Reliability from 3M VHB Tapes
3M VHB Tape offers a durable bond in a way that mechanical fasteners can't. This tape enhances the appearance of finished goods by eliminating rivets and screws while providing immediate handling strength. In most cases, fastening with 3M VHB Tape is a quicker process than drilling, fastening, or using liquid adhesive. This versatile line of tapes can be used indoors or outdoors in a variety of applications, including window, door and sign assembly, electronics, construction and countless other industrial applications. Chemically resistant as well as UV and temperature stable, 3M VHB Tape can withstand the heat of Dubai to the cold of Canada. The unique acrylic chemistry is extremely durable and resistant to change over time, making this a long-lasting and powerful tape you can trust.
3M(TM) VHB(TM) Heavy Duty Mounting Tape 5952 is a black, 0.045 inch (1.1 millimeter) modified acrylic adhesive with a very conformable, foam core. This tape has been converted from 3M VHB Tape 5952.
Product detailsItem Thickness String:0.045 Inches | Item Width String:0.125 inches | Item Length String:5 Yards | Number of Items:1
- Product Dimensions : 3.7 x 3.4 x 0.6 inches; 0.63 Ounces
- Item model number : 0.125-5-5952
- Date First Available : December 27, 2013
- Manufacturer : 3M
- ASIN : B00HLY768W
Best Sellers Rank:
#2,997 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #5 in Foam Tape
- Customer Reviews:
3M and VHB are trademarks of 3M Company Many factors beyond 3M’s control and uniquely within user’s knowledge and control can affect the use and performance of a 3M product in a particular application. Given the variety of factors that can affect the use and performance of a 3M product, user is solely responsible for evaluating the 3M product and determining whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for user’s method of application. As a general rule, for static loads, approximately four square inches of tape should be used for each pound of weight to be supported in order to prevent excessive creep.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It does have a sponge to it and is just less than a 1/16” when on, and can be picked at to remove with an exacto knife (like if you change phones or cases) but then you need a new piece. It can be easily cut with a scissors too
1. So one thing you can do is make sure that the seller is someone that is recognized, or Amazon.com. My roll from "Weupe Retail" was not sticky at all.
2. Learn how to apply double sided tape. Prepare the surfaces, heat up the tape with a heat gun/hair dryer/lighter, press firmly to apply tape to surface (20 seconds or so), remove tape backing, clamp the two pieces together. Apparently the tape reaches 50% strength in 12 hours, and 100% strength in 24 hours, so you better find something to clamp with =)
It is not "scotch tape" thin. It is a little thicker, not an issue for most uses - but do not expect paper thin.
It may stick too good. That sounds kind of like an oxymoron...tape that bonds too well - but if you think you may want to use this as a temporary solution, get something else. Seriously, only put this on something that you want to say put!
Hands down the best double sided tape I've ever used.
Don't expect a miracle, it might or might not work for your application.