Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on June 2, 2010
I'm a medical student. I have been using a different stethoscope. It isn't terrible but I was sick of not hearing things others could. I decided to go ahead and by the cardiology III since so many people at the hospital have it and rave about it. The Plum color is a nice darker purple. Light stethoscope. Think it will work well for me!
on June 17, 2009
I have never used or needed to use a stethoscope until now. Recently I was diagnosed with hypertension and needed a way to monitor my blood pressure. I am able to easily hear my heartbeat and take my blood pressure. I probably over bought for my needs, but I wanted to make sure I was able to hear clearly and with this tool, I am.

My neighbors are both EMTs and showed me how to take my blood pressure and were both impressed with my choice of stethoscope. They explained to me that the bigger side is to hear lower sounds and when you turn to the smaller side it is for hearing higher sounds.
on March 22, 2009
I've used this model through med school, residency, and 3 years of practice. I've used others from time to time, but I've never purchased another model. I was told early on that this is the one to get, and it's still the model that my cardiologist friends use today.

Pros: It's simply the stethoscope to beat. Top of the line unless you want to go electronic, and you will be mocked if you go electronic.

Cons: It is a little pricey and you probably don't need it if you are just checking blood pressures. The tubing is prone to cracking if you wear it around your neck a lot. According to Littmann's site, it's a non-latex polymer that tends to react with the oils in human skin. The tubing gets stiff and then cracks when you extend it straight to use it. The one I'm replacing has about 6 cracks (over about 3-4 years), one of which got bad enough to decrease the sound. Littmann recommends that you use something like armorall once a month. It won't stop the problem, but should slow it down. (I can't really blame Littman for this, most stethoscopes get this eventually.)
on October 27, 2009
Upon putting the Littmann Cardiology III on for the very-first-time, one of the arms broke in half. Littmann is sending me a replacement but I have to wonder about how reliable this brand really is. Buy something else.
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.