|Item Weight||5.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4.5 x 5 x 9.3 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||97044|
|Batteries||4 AAA batteries required.|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||These are the Listening muffs that help protect against harmful noise while amplifying low level sounds., Amplifies low-level sounds up to 19 dB. Stereo microphones enhance sound localization.|
|Average Battery Life||200 hours|
|Warranty Description||1 Year|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3M Peltor Tactical 6S Active Volume Hearing Protector
|Price:||$117.99 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Active volume hearing protector
- Reduces hazardous impulse noises from firearms to harmless levels within 5 milliseconds
- Localizes weak sounds and attenuates impulse sounds
- Equipped with separate microphone, receiver, amplifier and volume control; powered by four 1-12-volt AAA batteries
- Features include easy storage and portability and they are lightweight.Amplifies low-level sounds up to 19 dB. Stereo microphones enhance sound localization.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
3M Peltor Technology
A good hearing protector should remove harmful noise, be comfortable to wear, and be able to be used for all types of shooting activities, construction work, and DIY projects. The new Peltor Tac 6 truly lives up to all these criteria. The protector is supplied with different colored, easy-to-change, headset cups that fill a practical function when hunting in teams. The color differentiation improves safety and makes the wearer easily visible to other hunters. In addition to being lightweight, the Tactical 6S is foldable that takes up less space in your backpack or jacket pocket. The headband conveniently adjusts for maximum comfort. Volume control is easily adjustable and it’s equipped with an automatic shut-off function. Both a radio and dog tracker can be connected directly to the hearing protector.
The 3M Peltor Tactical 6S serves many purposes for individuals who are around high-decibel sounds for a prolonged period of time. With active volume hearing technology, the Tactical 6S allows wearers to be adaptive to the environment and alert to low-decibel noises such as others voices. Whether on the range, hunting in the woods, or working in the garage, your hearing protection should instill you with confidence that safety is accounted for.
Active Hearing Test
Test out any 3M Peltor hearing protection with active volume technology to demonstrate the difference. Simply put on your 3M Peltor Tactical 6S ear protection and begin a conversation with one of your hunting buddies to see how low decibel-emitting sounds are amplified. You will be able to carry on your conversation in an environment where other loud noises are going on around you. High decibel noises such as cheering at a football game, shooting at the firing range, and the roaring of engines at the track will all be minimized so that you can communicate with your friends and family and still be able to focus on working or enjoying your sporting event.
3M Peltor Tactical 6S Features
- Noise Reduction Rating - 19 dB
- Active Volume Hearing Technology
- Adjustable Volume Control
- Lightweight - 8 Ounces
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:24 Mins|
+ Good Protection; these do provide good attenuation of sharp sounds (like a shot)
+ Comfortable; these are easily adjustable to fit most heads (note: I suspect those that complained about this didn't read the instructions)
+ Good Amplification; the audio amplification works great and allows for easy conversations between shots
* Takes four AAA batteries (not included), two in each ear cup - some reviewers claimed that they couldn't figure out how to insert the batteries, but I suspect that they didn't read the instructions. See my video showing the easy procedure.
Recommended! As much as I like these, and will continue to use them as spares and for guests, I really like Howard Leight R-01526 Impact Sport Electronic Earmuff and have switched to them as my primary protectors.
1. The battery location and replacement procedure is ill considered and lends itself to the possibility of damage to the unit when accessing the battery compartment.
2. The location and orientation of the on/off/volume knob, specifically the right side, causes the right unit to be inadvertently activated when the unit is folded for storage. Thus draining the batteries in that unit between uses. This has happened twice.
3. The function of the unit during the first use was good. All subsequent uses have seen a severe decline in quality of the electronics of the unit. My unit crackles and pops. The other gentleman's does not work at all and he feels that he gets very little protection.
4. The actually Db reduction is somewhat suspect.
That all said, a friend has one of the other, more expensive models, that he is happy with thus far. I really don't know if I'm willing to give this company more of my money in hopes that there is light ahead. I really hope this helps everyone who is considering this model.
What I don't like is the effort required to change batteries. You must first remove the delicate foam pads without tearing them, then swap the batteries and then reinstall the way too delicate foam pads - hopefully without tearing them. This is not a 60-second battery swap. There is no excuse for a design this poor. Battery doors are not a new idea.
My second criticism is more of a quibble and did not effect my rating. I'd prefer one on/off/volume knob to the two on the 6-S. Just my personal preference.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great. Initial figuring out how to remove earpiece a little tricky. Once that figured out (even after reading instructions) one will like how works when shooting by heavy... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
The directions on how to put in the batteries is nonexistant. I had to visit a couple youtube videos before I found how to open the battery campartment. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Jeffrey Goliber
These earmuffs are a RIP OFF, the batteries are a pain to change, and the switches get bumped on very easy, so they burn up batteries like crazy. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Robert Paul
Good noise suppression. Batteries are difficult to remove or replace which you are suppose to do after each use.Published 2 months ago by Logeye
Works perfectly! One of the microphone protection cushions came off. How do I get another one.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I'm writing this before I've actually used the earmuffs. Had to buy four AAA batteries, which are installed by popping off the plastic pads. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Dan Adams