|Item Weight||3.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.8 x 2.5 x 6.1 inches|
|Item model number||50-3M|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||50-3M|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3M Scotch Strapping Tape 50, 1.88 in x 360 in (48 mm x 9.14 m)
|Price:||$5.00 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fiberglass reinforced for heavy jobs
- Can handle weight greater than 100 lbs per inch (tensile strength)
- Strong, durable hot melt adhesive seals and protects
- Super strong holding power
- Ideal for sealing, banding and bundling
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
When strength and toughness count, count on Scotch Reinforced Strength Strapping Tape. Its fiberglass strands make this tape so strong and tough that it can seal, band, repair and stand up to some of the heaviest packing jobs you can come up with. And it’s as easy to use as it is strong. This tape can stand up to heavyweight situations, even delivering a tensile strength of greater than 100 lbs per inch. Sometimes, things can get pretty tough on the things you need to pack, ship or store. Get something even tougher. Scotch Reinforced Strength Strapping Tape.
Compare to similar items
This item 3M Scotch Strapping Tape 50, 1.88 in x 360 in (48 mm x 9.14 m)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Office Depot, Inc.||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Fresh_Colony||Rush Hakool||FindTape|
|Size||1-ROLL||1-PACK||6 Count||3 Count||One Pack||3/4 in. x 60 yds. (18mm x 55m)|
Top customer reviews
ORIGINAL REVIEW (12 May 2012):
Works fantastic, and I'm not sure if they made a mistake or not (I'm hoping not), but it actually came in a box with ***6*** full rolls of 2" x 360" (10 yards) strapping tape, for a total of 60 yards!!! If this is always the case, this is an awesome deal!--I personally thought the price ($7.32) was very high for a single roll, but now that I've got 6 I'm very pleased.
UPDATED REVIEW (9 Feb 2013):
I purchased this tape again and sadly, only 1 roll of tape arrived, at a price of $6.11. This means that this tape is still excellent, but this price is not. This same exact roll of tape is available at my local Walmart for $3.47. Also, Duck brand tape now makes a comparable tape too for $6.27 for 30 yards. It is called "Duck Brand High Performance Strapping Tape, 1.88 Inches x 30 Yards, 3 Inch Core (392903)" and sold here on Amazon: Duck Brand High Performance Strapping Tape, 1.88 Inches x 30 Yards, 3 Inch Core (392903)
I am an avid RC-aircraft enthusiast (<...>) and use strapping tape very often for scratch-building airplanes. It works FANTASTIC when its extra strength OR stickiness is needed above regular clear packing tape. It makes nice control surface hinges, and adds great strength to a wing. Adding a couple pieces of this stuff to the top and bottom surface of an entire 4 ft. wing, for instance, is equivalent to putting a carbon fiber embedded in the wing. It's that strong, and really stiffens the wing too.
So, I just purchased some of this new Duck Brand Strapping Tape and here is what I think so far about these two strapping tapes:
1) The Scotch strapping tape is a bit lighter and thinner. I measured the thickness with a caliper (micrometer), and the Scotch is 0.11 mm (0.00433 in., or 4.33 mil) thick, while the Duck brand is 0.14 mm (0.00551 in., or 5.51 mil) thick. The Duck Brand strapping tape also has more fiberglass in it. Both of these things are good because they seem to indicate the Duck Brand tape is stronger, but bad for an airplane because the Duck Brand tape is heavier.
2) The Scotch strapping tape is wider, at 2.0 in., verses the Duck Brand strapping tape at 1.88 in. Wider is better for my purposes, as when thinner strips are needed, either tape can easily be hand-torn down the center to cut the width in half.
3) Both have the same stickiness/tackiness! So, The Duck brand sticks just as well as the Scotch brand, which is much stickier than normal clear packing tape! Very good.
4) The Scotch Strapping tape is easier to cut in the cheap plastic dispensers, though both tapes require considerably more force and tension to properly cut than what normal packing tape requires. Note: if you are going to use the Duck Brand strapping tape in a plastic tape dispenser, which I recommend for the 3 in. diameter rolls (which this roll in this review is NOT; it is smaller), the Duck brand tape dispenser (ex: Duck Brand EZ Start Packaging Tape with Dispenser, 1.88 Inches x 60 Yards, 2 Pack, Plus Bonus 30 Yard Roll of Tape, Clear (1079097)) cuts the strapping tape better than the Scotch brand tape dispenser (ex: Scotch Sure Start Shipping Packaging Tape with Dispenser, 1.88 Inches x 38.2 Yards, 1 Roll with Dispenser (3450S-RD)).
Also have a pair of scissors handy when using this. I find that the metal cutter sometimes can't really cut the tape because it is just too tough:D