Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3M Scotchlok Electrical IDC 804-POUCH, Blue, 18-16 AWG (solid/stranded), 14 AWG (stranded), 25 per pouch
|Price:||($0.48 / Connector) & FREE Shipping|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Use this blue connector without cutting to electrically join a tap in the middle of a length of wire while adding insulation
- Easily shows the appropriate wire size via its color
- Wiring for vehicles such as cars, boats and RVs can use this connectors, as well as wiring for control circuits, fixtures, appliances and signal and PA systems
- Sized to work with solid or stranded wire in sizes 18 to 16 AWG and with stranded wire in size 14 AWG
- The element is constructed of brass to conduct electricity well and plated in tin to prevent corrosion
- Works well in temperatures upto 167 degrees F (75 degrees C)
Specifications for this item
|Global Trade Identification Number||00054007061342|
|Insulation Material Type||Polypropylene|
|Number of Items||25|
|Size||Pouch of 25|
|Style||Pouch of 25|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
3M Scotchlok Electrical IDC 804-POUCH
3M Scotchlok Insulation Displacement Connector 804 electrically connects a tap wire to a run (through) wire while insulating the connection. The connector is polypropylene insulated, self stripping and offers a moisture resistant seal.
- Blue, polypropylene-insulated connector electrically taps into a wire in mid-span without cutting
- Suitable for control circuit wiring, fixture wiring, appliance wiring, signal and PA systems and automotive/boat/RV wiring
- Accommodates 18 to 14 AWG solid/stranded
- RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant
3M Scotchlok 804 IDC, Run or Tap Electrical Connector electrically connects a tap wire to a run (through) wire while insulating the connection. The connector insulation is manufactured from polypropylene and used to electrically tap into a wire in mid-span without cutting or stripping the wire. It is 600V-rated and withstands temperatures of 167 degrees F (75 degrees C). RoHS 2011/65/EU Compliant: Yes, Voltage Application: Low Voltage. Package dimension: Length: 10.4 inches, Width: 10.4 inches, Height: 6.8 inches, Gross Weight: 1.9197 lbs., New Weight: 1.475 lbs.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 13.8 x 5.6 x 3.5 inches; 2.08 Ounces
- Item model number : 80000209652
- Date First Available : November 9, 2004
- Manufacturer : 3M
- ASIN : B0035R7TKO
Best Sellers Rank:
#3,035 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
- #4 in IDC Electrical Terminals
- Customer Reviews:
3M industrial and occupational products are intended, labeled, and packaged for sale to trained industrial and occupational customers for workplace use. Unless specifically stated otherwise on the applicable product packaging or literature, these products are not intended, labeled, or packaged for sale to or use by consumers (e.g., for home, personal, primary or secondary school, recreational/sporting, or other uses not described in the applicable product packaging or literature), and must be selected and used in compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and standards (e.g., U.S. OSHA, ANSI), as well as all product literature, user instructions, warnings, and other limitations, and the user must take any action required under any recall, field action, or other product use notice. Misuse of 3M industrial and occupational products may result in injury, sickness, death, or property damage. For help with product selection and use, consult your on-site safety professional, industrial hygienist, or other subject matter expert. For additional product information, visit www.3M.com.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The 3M 804 connector easily penetrated and established connectivity with the 18ga socket leads however despite fourteen attempts to establish connectivity with the 16 ga lamp cord, I was unable to get a single full penetration of the wire's jacket and therefore no connection. Even using high leverage lineman's pliers, I was never able to apply enough force to penetrate the wire jacket. In the final 4 attempts, the outer plastic of the 804 connector itself was exposed from the pressure.
This product is unsuited for use with standard 16ga lamp cord. I still love 3M.
1. Both wires need to be in the 18-16 AWG (solid) / 14 AWG (stranded). I needed to splice wires of fairly different gauges and these connectors didn't really work for that use case.
2. In space-constrained applications (e.g. splicing into a car stereo connector), the width of these connectors is really a bit of a pain. Splicing the first wire was fine, but I needed to move my second splice up the cable bundle a half inch or so... I needed about an inch for each connector.
I would also say that for space-constrained applications, getting the taps on the cable is a bit of a pain, since you really need a larger force to clamp the vampire tap, and getting that done in a little space is hard. For those applications, I much preferred the clamshell types of taps where the tap is built into one half of the shell and the splicing action is accomplished by just closing the shell around the wire.
On the plus side, these can't be beat for waterproofing the connection... that desiccant gel is powerful (but also gets on everything if you need to undo the tap / touch the cable after).
Overall not too hard to use, but it took me some time to figure out a method which worked, maybe, if you can understand what I've described it will save you some time.
Of the five I used, one does seem to be temperamental, losing the connection sometimes when the main wire wire is disturbed. However, I had to replace one connector in that location and it may be that the removal damaged the wire. If so, I'll put another one on in another part of the main wire and think that will fix the issue.