3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku (SPR1000)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Identification of best location for projector installation
- Mounting of 1 customer-supplied projector and projector mount to ceiling
- Assessment of proper ventilation
- Unit test with picture alignment and focus
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bright, crisp picture up to 120-Inch wide,Maximum Resolution: 800x480
- Portable ultra compact
- Includes Roku Streaming Stick
- Up to 2.5 hours of battery life (on eco mode) per charge, or runs continuously on AC power
- Audio out for external speakers or headphones
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item 3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku (SPR1000)
DBPOWER T20 1500 Lumens LCD Mini Projector, Multimedia Home Theater Video Projector Support 1080P HDMI USB SD Card VGA AV for Home Cinema TV Laptop Game iPhone Andriod Smartphone with Free HDMI Cable
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||OXA USA COM||weicaidz||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||weicaidz|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless||HDMI, VGA, USB, AV, SD||HDMI, USB Video||HDMI||HDMI, MHL||Dual HDMI, USB Video|
|Display Technology||DLP||LED (.Light source) +LCD (Display)||LCD||DLP||DLP||LCD|
|Image Brightness||60 lumens||1500 lumens||2,600 lumen||400 lumens||500 lumens||3,000 lumen|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 7.75 x 4.5 in||8 x 12 x 4.5 in||10.3 x 13.2 x 4.6 in||3.9 x 5.9 x 1.6 in||4.2 x 4.1 x 1.5 in||11.2 x 14.7 x 5 in|
|Item Weight||2 lbs||2.1 lbs||6.6 lbs||1.3 lbs||0.88 lb||7.7 lbs|
|Resolution||800x600||Support 1080p||Full HD, 1080p, 720p Ready||1080p||—||Support full hd, 1080p, 720p|
Make it a night to remember with instant cinema. Experience your favorite movies and shows with the 3M Streaming Projector, powered by Roku. Now you can enjoy everything you love about Roku in a whole new way. Host a movie night and be the talk of the block, let your kids be the cool ones who host the best slumber parties, or turn your patio into a special place for your family to enjoy movie night in the great outdoors. Everyone will be blown away by movies projected at 120-Inch on your living room wall, basement ceiling or the side of your garage. Anywhere you have wireless access, you can have an instant cinema. With up to a 2.5 hour battery (on eco mode) and hundreds of Roku options to choose from, your viewing options are almost endless. Just turn it on and project your Netflix, HuluPlus, Crackle and other entertainment site favorites on any surface for a theater-like showing no one will forget. Memberships may be required.
From the Manufacturer
Project your favorite streaming entertainment on the big screen with the 3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku.
It's movies the way they were meant to be.
Experience your favorite online entertainment on the big screen with instant cinema. Let the magic of projection bring your friends and family together like never before. Enjoy your favorite movies and shows 120” across — easily two times the size of your television. Made using the same technology found in movie theater projectors, it delivers a stunning picture. It’s time to turn your entertainment into an epic event.
The power of Roku gives you almost unlimited viewing options. Just turn it on and project your Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu PLUS and other favorites on any surface. A big wall in the living room, the side of your garage or the basement ceiling. Anywhere you have WiFi. Project shows and movies for a theater-like experience no one will forget.
(Membership may be required for some content.)
Wireless makes it limitless.
Your streaming projector comes with a Roku Streaming Stick that allows you to stream your favorite movies and shows. Connect to your wireless internet and get the show on the road. Literally. The rechargeable battery runs for up to 2.5 hours (on eco mode) between charges, so the world is your theater.
What isn’t? With more than 600 channels to choose from, your choices are almost endless. Choose from thousands of movies. Catch an episode of Glee, Modern Family or other favorites on the biggest screen in the house. Root for your favorite MLB, NBA or NHL team with live out of market games.
With movies and shows available from Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu PLUS, Crackle, HBO GO, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time and many more, there’s always something on.
Talk about a double feature.
It’s two for one. Not only can you stream movies and shows on the big screen, but you can also use the Roku Streaming Stick to watch online content on your newer TV with an MHL port or computer. Just plug the Roku Streaming Stick into your device, and you’re ready to start the show.
Twice the fun.
Connect the projector to any device with an HDMI port for larger-than-life viewing. Watch the funny clips and videos your have stored on your phone, or the movies and shows saved on your computer or tablet. They’re so much easier to share on the big screen.
The 3M Streaming Projector is compatible with the Roku Game Remote (sold separately), so you can fling some birds, spin the wheel, or question some answers. Test your skills big time with Angry Birds, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and many more games with the Roku Game Remote.
Your streaming projector comes with a built-in speaker, but you can also use head-phones, speakers, or connect it to your home audio system for an even bigger experience.
The 3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku features DLP technology — the same imaging technology that powers over 70,000 digital cinema theaters worldwide. Instant cinema lets you enjoy movies at home with movie theater picture quality.
Turn your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player.
- Launch or rate any channel with a tap of your finger.
- Use a simple touch and swipe based remote control. Includes instant replay, back, and options buttons.
- Easily browse hundreds of channels in the Roku Channel Store.
- Quickly add and remove channels to/from your Roku player.
Read about our customers' top-rated projectors on our Projector Reviews page.
Top customer reviews
1. The advertised resolution is only 854x480 (WVGA), but during boot-up and initial config the unit told me it was switching to 720p mode. Theoretically, that'll get you DVD quality or basic HD, depending on which you believe. HOWEVER, I've used it to watch several different kinds of media (animation, TV and film) and no matter what I throw at it, in practice the picture is very, very , very soft. There is a manual focus wheel, but it doesn't achieve anything like the kind of sharpness you can achieve with a regular full sized projector, much less a plasma, LCD or CRT display. Honestly, I'd say maximum visual sharpness is roughly on par with a good VHS tape player (i.e., maybe a 480i picture). My eyes have become so trained to expect tack-sharp LCD and plasma displays that it's really hard for me to enjoy watching this for very long. It brings back memories of watching broadcast TV on my parents' old Zenith tube TV.
2. At only 60 lumens, the picture is pretty dim. For comparison, most inexpensive consumer projectors emit 600-2000+ lumens. To put it into even starker contrast, I own three Coast LED flashlights that put out 251, 339 and 615 lumens. Yes, my smallest flashlight puts out 4x the light of this projector. So imagine shining a rather dim flashlight on your wall: that'll give you a good idea how (not) bright this projector is. In a dimly-lit room in the evening after sundown, the picture certainly is watchable, but you really want the room to be in darkness for best effect. Of course you can make it better with a specially reflective screen or white theater paint, but that may defeat the purpose of a portable projector.
3. The combination of low brightness and a soft picture means you really shouldn't get your hopes up that this will drive a big 120" screen like the advertising copy claims. Over around 45-50", the picture starts to get kind of washed-out, and of course the bigger it gets the more you notice its unsharpness.
4. On the good side, it is easy to use and ridiculously small - I have coffee cups larger than this projector. That makes it very portable, very flexible, and easy to store when not in use. It was easy to set up (less than 5 minutes), attach to my WPA2 WiFi network, make a Roku account and start using Netflix and Amazon Instant Video. My kids were operating it five minutes after that.
5. Also on the good side, It does have a single MHL video input, which (although the ad copy is silent about this) is a standard HDMI port. That's a positive benefit, because it means the projector is NOT a one-trick pony. You can use it with your cable box, TiVo, DVD player, blu ray player, game console, computer, camcorder, camera, tablet, etc. That's awesome.
So what is this thing good for? In two words: uncritical viewing. Kids' use, sleepovers, outdoor projection at night onto a garage, holiday effects projected onto your house, etc. If that's what you're looking for, then this projector delivers a lot of fun, value and convenience. Still, I wonder if that's enough to justify the retail price for most people, most of the time. Caveat emptor, you might like this a lot if you have reasonable expectations, otherwise, stick to your regular TV for group watching, or use your tablet or phone for portable viewing.
Here's what I tried:
- Plugging into a small boombox - no one could hear the movie
- Spent $70 on a go-groove type speaker and plugged that into the aux out - no one could hear when people were talking in the movie. However if I plugged that thing into my android or anything else, my wife would ask me to turn it down.
- Spent $220 on an EXTREMELY LOUD boom box (Sangean Fatbox - this thing is great check it out)
This boom box is so loud that if I crank it playing from FM or from aux-in from my droid or iPod... I'm pretty sure the cops will be coming to the house eventually.
So I also bought a headphone amplifier - a FiiO 6 - which seemed to QUADRUPLE the sound volume from e.g. my iPod.
So what happened when I plugged in the aux-in from the 3m Streaming projector, plugged that into the FiiO amplifier, and cranked the Fatbox to 40? It was louder, but people still had trouble hearing when people were talking. I was having a party and my solution was to plug my macbook into this device instead of using the roku stick, watch the movie from there - the sound output level was great and it was soooo loud. So... that worked but kind of defeats the purpose of the roku stick.
My recommendation would be to keep the above in mind ... you may still want this thing but plan on investing in an even better line-out amplifier (I think the FiiO 6 cost like $25 ... maybe their $50 model would dot the trick?).
Most recent customer reviews
Really, really awesome!
Only (minor) negatives is that it's not as high a resolution as I'd like, and that it can sometimes be a pain to get the focus right -...Read more
This is the size of a hand and even though you have to order the HDMI cord separately, it is a great...Read more