3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku (SPR1000)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Bright, crisp picture up to 120-Inch wide,Maximum Resolution: 800x480
- Portable ultra compact
- Includes Roku Streaming Stick
- Up to 2.5 hours of battery life (on eco mode) per charge, or runs continuously on AC power
- Audio out for external speakers or headphones
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Project your favorite streaming entertainment on the big screen with the 3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku.
It's movies the way they were meant to be.
Experience your favorite online entertainment on the big screen with instant cinema. Let the magic of projection bring your friends and family together like never before. Enjoy your favorite movies and shows 120” across — easily two times the size of your television. Made using the same technology found in movie theater projectors, it delivers a stunning picture. It’s time to turn your entertainment into an epic event.
The power of Roku gives you almost unlimited viewing options. Just turn it on and project your Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu PLUS and other favorites on any surface. A big wall in the living room, the side of your garage or the basement ceiling. Anywhere you have WiFi. Project shows and movies for a theater-like experience no one will forget.
(Membership may be required for some content.)
Wireless makes it limitless.
Your streaming projector comes with a Roku Streaming Stick that allows you to stream your favorite movies and shows. Connect to your wireless internet and get the show on the road. Literally. The rechargeable battery runs for up to 2.5 hours (on eco mode) between charges, so the world is your theater.
What isn’t? With more than 600 channels to choose from, your choices are almost endless. Choose from thousands of movies. Catch an episode of Glee, Modern Family or other favorites on the biggest screen in the house. Root for your favorite MLB, NBA or NHL team with live out of market games.
With movies and shows available from Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu PLUS, Crackle, HBO GO, MLB.TV, NBA Game Time and many more, there’s always something on.
Talk about a double feature.
It’s two for one. Not only can you stream movies and shows on the big screen, but you can also use the Roku Streaming Stick to watch online content on your newer TV with an MHL port or computer. Just plug the Roku Streaming Stick into your device, and you’re ready to start the show.
Twice the fun.
Connect the projector to any device with an HDMI port for larger-than-life viewing. Watch the funny clips and videos your have stored on your phone, or the movies and shows saved on your computer or tablet. They’re so much easier to share on the big screen.
The 3M Streaming Projector is compatible with the Roku Game Remote (sold separately), so you can fling some birds, spin the wheel, or question some answers. Test your skills big time with Angry Birds, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and many more games with the Roku Game Remote.
Your streaming projector comes with a built-in speaker, but you can also use head-phones, speakers, or connect it to your home audio system for an even bigger experience.
The 3M Streaming Projector Powered by Roku features DLP technology — the same imaging technology that powers over 70,000 digital cinema theaters worldwide. Instant cinema lets you enjoy movies at home with movie theater picture quality.
Turn your mobile device into a control center for your Roku streaming player.
- Launch or rate any channel with a tap of your finger.
- Use a simple touch and swipe based remote control. Includes instant replay, back, and options buttons.
- Easily browse hundreds of channels in the Roku Channel Store.
- Quickly add and remove channels to/from your Roku player.
Read about our customers' top-rated projectors on our Projector Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The advertised resolution is only 854x480 (WVGA), but during boot-up and initial config the unit told me it was switching to 720p mode. Theoretically, that'll get you DVD quality or basic HD, depending on which you believe. HOWEVER, I've used it to watch several different kinds of media (animation, TV and film) and no matter what I throw at it, in practice the picture is very, very , very soft. There is a manual focus wheel, but it doesn't achieve anything like the kind of sharpness you can achieve with a regular full sized projector, much less a plasma, LCD or CRT display. Honestly, I'd say maximum visual sharpness is roughly on par with a good VHS tape player (i.e., maybe a 480i picture). My eyes have become so trained to expect tack-sharp LCD and plasma displays that it's really hard for me to enjoy watching this for very long. It brings back memories of watching broadcast TV on my parents' old Zenith tube TV.
2. At only 60 lumens, the picture is pretty dim. For comparison, most inexpensive consumer projectors emit 600-2000+ lumens. To put it into even starker contrast, I own three Coast LED flashlights that put out 251, 339 and 615 lumens. Yes, my smallest flashlight puts out 4x the light of this projector. So imagine shining a rather dim flashlight on your wall: that'll give you a good idea how (not) bright this projector is.Read more ›
UPDATE: Thanks to commenters for clarifying...this ACCEPTS 720p input. This does not PROJECT in 720p. Take the time to read the comments attached to this review.
Before I got this, I read a lot of forums where people speculated about the quality to expect. They said things like "don't expect better than 480p resolution" and "at best, this will only work in a very dark room". Well I am happy to say that "they" were wrong. This is not an awesome projector, but it is awesome FOR THE PRICE.
There are 4 reasons for me to recommend this:
1) It's bright enough to use during the day. Right now, it's 4:30pm, on an overcast day, and daylight is entering my two south-facing living room windows. With the projector 9 feet from a wall directly opposite the windows (giving me an image that is roughly 6 feet across), the image is acceptable. Pull the curtains, and the image is better. Wait until night time? Better still. The point is, although this is not a high-powered projector (it couldn't possibly be, for the price), it's quite acceptable. Are the kids having a sleepover? This would be a great way to entertain them.
2) The Roku Streaming Stick setup was as smooth as could be. In fact, I did all the setup without even opening the manual. Since I already have a Roku box, setting this up was even easier.Read more ›
An ad or promo for this popped up on amazon's home page and I quickly clicked it. I was very interested, as we have a roku and love it. Its how we watch amazon rented movies, and netflix for the kids. When I need a break, Netflix is our friend and so the roku is our best friend.
You MUST buy a little tiny stretchy tripod for it, one came up as a recommended accessory and it was $3 and very flexible so we bought it, it's been perfect. I set it on a box on my bed and it takes up half the wall and we all snuggle in bed and watch movies, I've even projected it in the bathroom and in closets. Yes its hard to see in bright light, yes its hard to see if you don't have curtains and its a sunny day. This doesn't bother me at all and for the price I can totally deal with it. Its easy to fix by getting up and walking into a room with less windows.
Other reviews talk about the following items which do not bother us: I felt that I had no problems with the sharpness, its sharp enough, no problems with the brightness, its bright enough in particular at night, and no cons with the sound, it does the job.
If you leave it unplugged, it seems to loose its charge even if its off. That was disappointing. It was brand new when it did this after its first charge, so maybe we got a glitchy one.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Originally purchased in May 2014, reviewing June 2016. This projector is still going! It is getting old though and sometimes it just doesn't want to accept input so every so... Read morePublished 1 month ago by BL834
Have used this on numerous occasions for a movie/YouTube night outside after Smore's around the campfire with family and friends. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Jason
A little power house. Great for intimate presentations. Has served me well.Published 6 months ago by Timothy F. Wilbur
Really, really awesome!
Only (minor) negatives is that it's not as high a resolution as I'd like, and that it can sometimes be a pain to get the focus right -... Read more
I use every week and so good, odd course not runs with strong ligth but the quaklity is enought to my usage. I'm a teacher.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
My brother wanted it after seeing mine, so I had to purchase another one.
This is the size of a hand and even though you have to order the HDMI cord separately, it is a great... Read more
My children can hardly wait for Friday nights....because Friday night is when they get to eat Jiffy Pop popcorn and watch movies on the ceiling!!! Read morePublished 9 months ago by I Yasharala