|Item Weight||8.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||16.2 x 10.9 x 8.5 inches|
|Item model number||051115248832|
|Number of Items||1|
|Manufacturer Part Number||051115248832|
3M Utility Duct Tape 2929 Silver, 1.88 in x 50 yd 5.8 mils (Pack of 1)
|Price:||$9.82 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
|You Save:||Save $0.49 (5%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Used for temporary repairs, light-duty bundling, sealing, and marking
- Natural rubber adhesive sticks well to metal, plastic, and concrete, yet removes easily
- Silver polyethylene layer is moisture resistant and accepts permanent marker
- Conformable tape bonds to smooth, contoured, and lightly textured surfaces
- Tears off the roll cleanly for ease in handling
- Rubber adhesive sticks well to a variety of surfaces, increasing number of uses
- Moisture resistant for use in moist or humid environments enhances durability
Unlock 15% savings on this product when you subscribe to 5 or more products that arrive in the same month. Skip or cancel any time, and shipping is FREE. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
3M General Use Duct Tape 2929
Constructed of polyethylene film laminated to cloth with a rubber adhesive, this thin tape resists curling and tears off the roll cleanly for wiring applications in MRO/construction. 3M General Use Duct Tape 2929 is especially helpful when it comes to wire pulling. It is removable with little or no adhesive residue up to three months after application.
- For use in MRO/construction applications requiring a thin tape
- Removes cleanly for up to three months when applied indoors
- Sticks immediately and stays on for up to one year without deterioration
- Water-resistant backing resists wear and light abrasion
- Provides a tight, moisture-resistant seal in many containment situations, such as attaching heavy poly draping and pipe sealing
- Conforms to irregular surfaces without lifting
- Save time and hassle of removing sticky or dried-on residue
A Tape with Versatility
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used today in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. 3M General Use Duct Tape 2929 was tested according to UL723, ASTM E84. Due to its unique design and price, it is best for general, everyday duties where strength and moisture resistance are necessary. The economical tape can also be used at temperatures as high as 200°F for up to 30 minutes.
3M General Use Duct Tape 2929 comes with a classic, silver-colored backing. Its sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing a wide range of convenient solutions.
Built to Stick
3M’s family of rugged cloth and duct tapes adheres to most surfaces for applications ranging from bundling to moisture proofing, sealing to splicing, reinforcing to hanging poly drapes. Available in a variety of colors and strengths, they’re known best for their hand tearability, high tensile strength and conformability.
- Wire pulling
- Taping/splicing insulation
- Capping pipe
- Securing conduit ends
- Temporary repair
- Hanging polyethylene drapes
- Protecting against light sandblast overspray
3M Utility Duct Tape 2929 is a utility grade, conformable cloth duct tape made with polyethylene film over cloth scrim and rubber adhesive.
From the Manufacturer
3M General Use Duct Tape 2929 resists moisture, prolonging the tape bond in moist or humid environments. Additionally, the rubber adhesive sticks well to many surfaces. It’s easy-to-tear by hand and has individual roll wrap for easy identification. This 5.5 mils thick tape boasts impressive physical characteristics; it has great tensile strength at 19lbs./inch, adhesion to steel of 45 oz./in. width and elongation at break of 14%.
- Temporary repairs
What is Duct Tape?
Originally developed for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, duct tape is used in a variety of maintenance, repair and construction settings. In addition to the traditional silver, it is sold in an array of colors that enhance utility and aesthetics. The sturdy cloth-reinforced tape can be torn from the roll and sticks instantly, providing solutions for patching, bundling, reinforcing, tabbing, taping/splicing insulation, capping pipe, securing conduit ends, marking, labeling, temporary repair, hanging polyethylene drapes and protecting against light sandblast over spray.
Duct tape (sometimes mistakenly referred to as “duck tape”) is a toolbox mainstay, used in maintenance, repair and construction operations. The term “duct tape” comes from the silver tape’s original use in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) applications, including duct sealing. Duct tape is used in residential, industrial and commercial environments and by members of construction, electrical, industrial, marine and military, abatement, trucking and automotive markets.
- Part Number: 051115248832
- Brand Name: 3M
- Material: Rubber
- Color: Silver
- Upper Temperature Range: 200 Degrees Fahrenheit
Top Customer Reviews
4 stars only because of price.
I don't know if this 3M is the best, but it is really good. Excellent strength, sticks like crazy, and I have had some on my dust collection ducts for several years now with NO signs of the adhesive failing.
The family said it was too tacky to do that and bought me silicone putty for the job..well Yeah..maybe that might work better.
Duct Tape...what can I say. The end was easy to find, the product has a zillion uses, You always have to have an extra roll around..Just in case of a Zombie Attack. We humans must have Duct Tape.
I would definitely buy another role of this type. It is hard to find a good duct tape you can depend on, especially for household projects.