|Item Weight||1.7 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||9.31 x 7.13 x 4.69 inches|
|Item model number||90544-SIOC|
|Batteries||1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Included Components||Wireless Hearing Protector|
|Battery Cell Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Warranty Description||This hearing protection product helps reduce exposure to hazardous noise and other loud sounds. Misuse or failure to wear hearing protectors at all times that you are exposed to noise may result in hearing loss or injury. For proper use, see user instructions or call 3M Technical Service toll free at 1-800-494-3552. In Canada, call 1-800-267-4414|
3M WorkTunes Connect + Gel Ear Cushions Hearing Protector with Bluetooth Technology, Ear protection for Mowing, Snowblowing, Construction, Work Shops
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$22.90 (36%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PREMIUM GEL CUSHIONS are super soft and conformable for enhanced comfort and Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 23 dB
- BLUETOOTH wireless technology lets you seamlessly stream entertainment and music from your mobile phone and any other Bluetooth enabled device and Auto Shut-Off Feature with low-battery indicator
- IDEAL FOR LAWN MOWING, construction, woodworking, landscaping, loud environments, concentration, and listening to music cord and antenna free lets you move easily on the job
- HIGH FIDELITY SPEAKERS provide premium sound quality and LIGHTWEIGHT, LOW-PROFILE DESIGN is great for extended wear and flexible headband with cutouts to improve comfort when worn with hats
- MAKE AND TAKE CALLS Integrated microphone lets you make and take phone calls without removing the hearing protection
- AUDIO ASSIST TECHNOLOGY provides operational and set-up guidance without having to take off the hearing protector
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Simple single-button interface is easy to use with gloves.
Gel ear cushions are super-soft and conformable for enhanced comfort.
Flexible headband with cutouts to improve comfort when worn with hats.
Built-in rechargeable battery with auto shut-off and low-battery indicator.
Compare with similar items
The next generation in WorkTunes hearing protection and entertainment, The 3M WorkTunes connect + gel cushions hearing protector with Bluetooth technology combines a modern, comfortable design with high-fidelity sound quality. This innovative hearing protection lets you conveniently make and take phone calls. Equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology, these hearing protectors allow you to stream The entertainment of your choice from your smartphone or other mobile device, while helping provide protection in noisy environments. Premium gel cushions provide enhanced comfort for your ears. The low profile and lightweight design is crafted with style in mind. Built-in comfort with baseball hat-compatible headband is excellent for extended wear. Whether you're using a circular saw or mowing the day away, reach for 3M WorkTunes connect +gel cushions hearing protector with Bluetooth technology to help make your workday entertaining and-most importantly comfortable.
From the Manufacturer
This hearing protection product helps reduce exposure to hazardous noise and other loud sounds. Misuse or failure to wear hearing protectors at all times that you are exposed to noise may result in hearing loss or injury. For proper use, see user instructions.
*The NRR may overestimate the hearing protection provided during typical use due to variation in fit, fitting skill and motivation of the user. 3M recommends the NRR be reduced by 50% or in accordance with applicable regulations, for estimating the amount of noise reduction provided.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The battery life is fantastic lasting over a week on a charge when being used daily on a full 10 hour work day. They come with a micro usb cord (its short) but charge just fine on a cigarette lighter in my van. Charge time is less than a few hours. They also sync quickly and initial set up is easily done.
Now the bad, (at least for me). I love to rock out and listen to music pretty loud while I work. It’s what makes my day go by quickly. Now I understand that these are supposed to be protecting my ears from loud noises and know thats why these have minimal volume. The volume is probably 30% of what I listen to on my other headphones. With this minimum volume there really isn’t a decent sound. Lows, mids and highs are just bland. I also assume that because the battery doesn’t have to work hard thats why it last so long. Maybe its just me and I should get used to low music and start liking the sound of a old am radio in my grandpas workshop.
Over all these do what their designed to do. They fit well and have outstanding battery life. They sync well and put music in your head. However if your any bit of a audiophile you will be sadly disappointed with sound clarity and volume. The bottom line is I still use these frequently and don’t regret my purchase. I typically use them like any other ear protection, so when I’m on a saw, their on and otherwise their off.
If you have found my review helpful please let amazon know but clicking the helpful button below.
So, if used for listening to your phone's MP3's on an airplane for example, this is excellent...fidelity is quite good, and you can save a lot of money over other "noise cancelling" devices. Or, used when mowing the lawn, or other loud activities to preserve your hearing.
If you use this while shooting, it will limit your situational awareness, just like regular earmuffs would do. You will not be able to hear people talk clearly around you, for example (again, just like regular 'muffs). And...you could listen to your music on the range, but that will reduce situational awareness even more.
I bought this for listening to my phone while on a plane (It's REALLY good for that...you will be surprised at how loud you have to listen through "regular" headsets vs this one), and when using gas operated lawn equipment.
Controls are simple and straightforward...one easy to find button on the side. A long press to turn it on or off. A double press for initial pairing. A double press to advance forward a track. Three presses to back up. Just one button. Volume control would be done on the device you are playing through, there are no volume controls on the Worktunes Connect 'muffs themselves.
Charging is easy, and an LED indicator will show full charge. The device will also "speak" to you when it is powered on, powered off, paired, and can tell you the basic charge of the battery.
There is an aux 1/8" jack if you want to connect to a device via a cable vs bluetooth. The box comes with just the hearing protector, and a microUSB cable. No USB charger is included, you have to supply your own.
I highly recommend you buy this set and shop around for the 3M clips that snap into your hardhat and if they ever clunk out on me I'm buying it again without hesitation.
I'm so glad I found this head set even though I had to remove the strap that goes over your head and placed it on the helmet clips from a different set then after I just tucked the wire away on the inside of the helmet where nobody could see it and BAM! super sneaky nobody can tell it's a Bluetooth headset especially if you work in a union factory who says listening to music is a safety risk get the hell out of here with that, now I can listen to music all day no problemo plus I have a earbud connected to my work radio/walkie so I can ear if I'm being called on the radio. I tried connecting my work radio directly to the Bluetooth headset using the axillary port but it sounds muffled/distant also when I get a phone call I have to use my hand and cover up the axillary / charging port otherwise I get a ton of feedback from my surroundings (minus one star) but I'm not complaining because my goal was to be able to listen to music discreetly without the union babies finding out and make my 8-12 hour shifts more enjoyable.
They hold a charge really good so far three days (two 12's and an 8) minus lunch and breaks plus I don't have the music at full volume so that helps too.
Top reviews from other countries
I purchased and received my first pair on Dec. 15-2017 and they have been a solid purchase since.
Pros to Worktunes:
- I started at a new dealership and some coworkers were just louder than desiered, bought these just so I can silent them out and continue working away throughout the day.
- Bluetooth for music and what not while looking incognito is a huge plus. Some of my coworkers do not know that it's Bluetooth compatible.
- User friendly, easy to use and set up. It has one button, period.
- No antenna! One of the preferences that I was looking for in a Bluetooth hearing protection.
- Black in color, less chance of staining. Easy to clean up. I have gotten anti-seize on them and some brake clean on a rag takes it right off.
- EXTREMELY durable (please don't hold this against me if I have to warranty the product down the road 3M). I have bumped my hearing protection against the hoist arms or hoist pillars countless times, and I wouldn't consider them the lightest bumps either. At times, I have accidently bumped them so hard and thought to myself, "great, I just broke them 100%" and checked, not a scratch.
- Connects with my iPhone instantly almost every time if both the hearing protection and the Bluetooth device are turned on at the same time.
- Turns off on its own if no Bluetooth device is connected after a short period of time for battery saving purposes.
- On a full charge and 8 hours of use, the battery goes down to medium. I don't know if its a low medium or a high medium, but I charge them up about once every 3 shifts. Much more efficient than the battery model in my opinion if you are expecting to use it lots.
- The rubber padding on the inside do get slightly damp after some hours of use, therefore not as breathable.
- To forward a song is two clicks on the one button, and to rewind a song is three clicks on the one button. If you press to slowly three times, you'll almost always just end up forwarding to the next song.
- If you work in a trade and you constantly switch songs, this hearing protection may be a distraction for you. I'm flat rate technician, so just tell me the job I have to do and my head is down working away. But if communication is a must in your field or industry, a hearing protection device with volume adjustment feature might be more suitable for you.
I bought a second pair recently for $52 CAD after using the first pair for 3.5 full months, it was on sale and I just love this product that I needed another pair down the road for backup purposes.
I can't remember the last time I did a mount and balance on a set of tires or a four wheel alignment without music playing.
Great hearing protection and hypes me up at work without upsetting others with my tunes.
Every year my work colleagues insist on have radio set to a station full of Christmas Joy, which leads arguments, fallouts and misery for me.
But not this year, December has been a month of blissful stress free ignorance, I’ve been able to blank out Noddy, Shaky and that god botherer Cliff! All the while getting to listen to my music and podcasts at a decent sound quality. Battery BT range and comfort are all excellent too!
They’re discreet looking too, so my Knobhead of a supervisor hasn’t twigged on yet, that I’m actually listening to music whilst wearing them. They also give a happy surprise bonus of drowning out his “Hilarious” stories and and jokes. I can see me getting plenty of use out of these after the New Year too!
One of the best purchases I’ve made, well worth the money!
The sound quality is great and the background noise reduction is top notch, I have a bit of a large head and initially felt tight but after adjustment its fine. I do get sweaty ears after a while when its really hot but it gives me an opportunity to stop and talk *hit with my colleague Bongo for 5 minutes. The phone function is superb, everyone seems to hear and understand what I say and its intuitive and easy to access . Bluetooth music streaming is surprisingly good.One wish would be slightly lower profile.
These are good work headphones if you work in a noisy environment and like music and have the need to receive and answer phonecalls.Its well built and comfortable(apart from the sweaty ears thing) .
Keep you posted.. Early days might be just a sweet honeymoon moment.
Die Bewertungen hier kann ich echt nicht verstehen. Der Tragekomfort ist spitze, wie ich es schon vom Optime II gewöhnt war - nun zum großen Aber:
Der Klang ist unterirdisch. Die Tiefen fehlen komplett. Ich bin ganz bestimmt nicht Bass-verwöhnt. Ich höre also kein Trance, Dance, Techno oder wie man das heute alles nennt. Ich höre einfach nur Rock, genauer gesagt, AOR! Und hier brauche ich nicht viel Bass. Aber der Kopfhörer erzeugt noch nicht mal ansatzweise Bass. OK, mit dem Smartphone könnte man per Equalizer vielleicht doch noch wenigstens etwas künstliche Tiefen erzeugen, denke ich, aber was mich zum Umtausch bewegte ist:
Die Dämmung in den Ohrmuscheln ist sehr unterschiedlich. Auf der Seite, wo sich die beiden Buchsen für Klinken- und USB-Stecker befinden, hat eine viel niedrigere Schalldämmung als auf der anderen Seite. Dies stört ungemein bei permanent lauten Anlagengeräuschen. Vor allem, wenn man den Gehörschutz wieder abnimmt, hat man immer noch das Gefühl, daß man nur einseitig gut hört.
Es kann sein, daß sich der zweite Punkt nur auf ein Fabrikationsfehler bezieht, schließlich ist da nur Schaumstoff im Inneren verbaut, jedoch kann ich das in Kombination mit der Soundqualität von Musik nicht hinnehmen.
3M hat mich diesmal nicht vollends begeistert, sondern auf ganzer Linie enttäuscht! Bitte überarbeitet den Gehörschutz!!
There is no volume adjust button but you can pause and skip songs using the button on the side. The battery is also excellent, I've been using them for weeks and still on the first charge!
The only down point would be that you get sweaty ears when it's hot but I think you'd expect it with over ear defenders.