Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on July 17, 2017
Installed in 1-14 and three years later developed 2 fractures and a pinhole leak 1.5" below the threads in the strongest part of the filter housing. Head unit is fine and my water pressure never exceeds 50 psi. So there is absolutely no reason at all for a failure like this. I contacted Amazon for a return, as this is obviously a manufacturers defect and they gave me one email back in a week asking me if the seller ever contacted me. I replyed back no and never heard from them again. This unit should have lasted a lifetime with such a low pressure application and I am really angry at both the seller and Amazon for the disrespect of not following through with me. I cannot recommend either one at this point.
on August 6, 2014
I bought two of these to create a 2-stage filter for our well. One is a sediment filter, the other is a carbon filter. Both are 5 micron nominal filter mesh and in the 4" x 20" size the flow is good enough to run the washing machine and still have enough pressure to hop in the shower.

Going on 6 months now and they are working flawlessly. The construction is very hefty and I don't have any concern that these might fail. I've replaced the sediment filter once thus far and the air relief valve worked well to purge the system once the new filter was in. When the valve is closed it stays closed. I did try another brand of filters before this. It was a kit with a 2-stage setup and included a nice metal stand for $200. Within a couple months it failed and started leaking for a pre-assembled interface / fitting. In my opinion that "big blue" product was complete garbage. This product seems to use a thicker valve body at the top, includes better features in the body and the housing to ensure the filter is centered when you screw the housing into the body. The clear housing also makes it so much easier to know when you need to change your filters.

One bit of information I found which is definitely useful, pay attention to the inlet pressure. These aren't rated for much more than 70psi. I placed an adjustable pressure regulator on the inlet to the first stage to ensure these don't see any pressure spikes which might blow by a seal and cause a leak.
on July 22, 2013
Very happy with this product. It's big and beefy. I like the fact that you see the filter. It says change filter every 90 days, and sure enough that bright white filter is tannish/light brown color at about 90 days (at least with our water). The filter comes with a wrench that makes changing filters a breeze. You shut off the water supply before and after the filter, press the red button on top to de-pressurize the system and then use the wrench. Don't over tighten plastic housing when you put it back on. Note: While I'm handy at pretty much everything, I draw the line at soldering joints. I hired a professional to come over and install this filter and, with the cost of copper fittings/extensions, the total install price was more than the price of the filter. In my case, money well spent.
on March 27, 2014
I recently installed this. The copper piping was a chore, but the real disappointment was trying to get a seal on the female threads on the head of this filter body. The standard copper male fitting bottomed out without getting suficiently tight, and then leaked. Of course, I only found out about the leak after I finished all the soldering was done, and it was completely installed. I then had to unsolder the joints to unscrew the male fittings! Ugh. I applied more tape, then an extra heavy dose of teflon paste on top. Also, it has fins to center the filter when the base is screwed on, and it arrived with one fin broken. It was a minor point, I epoxied it, but dissappointed it arrived broken. It ships with a basic filter, and no information on any other types of filters. #MarketingFail
on January 2, 2014
Have a well at my house and have some minor sediment to filter out. Previous owner had a small canister filter that needed changing once a month. Decided to get this and was glad I did, I only change filter about once a year now and have charcoal canister filter mounted inline with this filter. Big improvement in water quality and frequency of filter changes
on August 7, 2013
Clear housing, takes the large (big blue) elements and you can get it with 1.5" ports. For high flow systems this is an excellent filter housing. It comes with a very basic 5 or 10micron element, but you can buy very high quality elements that will fit this housing that will do a great job. As it comes, it's just good for a very large sediment filter. Comes with a mounting bracket as well.

Note: If you want the 1.5" ports, you'll need to contact the seller to let them know to be sure you get the 1.5" ports.
on March 4, 2013
Timely shipping. Large clear, thick plastic housing, Should make a great whole house sediment pre-filter. I just have to mod a light blocking box, aluminum foil or something to keep the sunlight off of it as the plastic is specifically vulnerable to UV and algae...
on May 8, 2014
Does the job and with the clear housing it is very easy to see when you need to change the filter. Very good reminder anyways if you aren't a calendar person.
on May 3, 2012
Having struggled with rusty well water for almost 20 years, we finally did the filter thing at the suggestion of my son. What a difference this has made! I no longer have that rusty color in my plumbing fixtures, I actually feel like cleaning again and I don't have to use the heavy chemicals anymore. Love the large size, we have a large family and so far the filter has been doing its job. One month into this and still no rusty water!
on July 21, 2014
Just what the Dr ordered

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.