Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 427 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 439 reviews
on April 23, 2013
My daughters loved these movies. There are four full feature films on four separate dvds. Excellent price at under $13!
on March 26, 2016
My daughter loves the American Girl movies. So much so, in fact, that she wore out the Kit dvd. When I came onto Amazon to buy a replacement disc, I saw this one: FOUR American Girl movies in one. And it was running at a cheaper price than just buying the Kit movie! Of course, I bought this dvd, so that now my daughter can watch 4 of the historical girls' movies, instead of just one.

This dvd has the movies for: Kit, Samantha, Molly, and Felicity. You might recognize the actress for Felicity: she's played by Shailene Woodley, who is Tris in the Divergent series movies (the last of which, Allegiant, was just released). All of the American Girl movies are well done: period costumes, plot lines that are particular to the time period, and they are totally CLEAN. No worries about whether these movies are suitable for young audiences. They DO NOT have any objectionable language or sex scenes. Each one also teaches a moral message about friendship.

If you have American Girl fans in the house and they have the dolls and/or have read the books, they will LOVE these movies.
on October 5, 2013
We ordered this 4 Film American Girl DVD for our 10 year old and 8 year old granddaughters. They both have American Girl Dolls and loved all four of the DVD's. In each DVD the characters loved our USA. These are good, patriotic, wholesome movies that families will enjoy for generations
on April 19, 2017
Great filmmaking SHOULDN'T take a back seat when making films that empower girls and women, but all to often that's what happens, particularly, when done by toy lines. The only other thing from a toy line I've bothered reviewing is "My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic" because it made it on to A Mighty Girl an archive of Feminist media, along with these, and MLP no longer deserves to be on there, because the Villains NEVER get punished for being evil, unlike the Villains in these films. The Villains help kids learn about abuse, war, geed, and death. "My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic" did episodes on serious subjects in Season Five, and botched it. Protecting yourself from evil people is NOT a skill girls are taught. What I love most about these movies is that they show girls the HOPE their empowerment can inspire in those around them.

These films look like the people making them actually cared. The colors are not too bright, not too dull. The sets and costumes are GORGUES. They look like they were filmed by a HD camera. The fact that these were based off of a toy line is UNBELIEVEABLE! The "Transformers" movies are empowering to boys, but have the reputation of being very repetitive, and overall very bad. Proving that empowerment of either gender SHOULDN'T be the only goal of a film. Art and "Girl Power" can, and should, always go together.
on December 26, 2016
Amazing deal! Our 5-year old received her first American Girl this Christmas, so we decided to order a few things without braking the bank. These movies have a wonderful message! People these movies have nothing to do with the clueless messages that Barbie movies have. They are all about love, family, respect, courage, etc. Great movies! Would buy them again. Our daughter loves them! Today, it's the 26th, and she already watched them all. They are educational! They talked about war, Great Depression, and rights such as kids not working in factories and women right to vote... I would recommend you to sit with your child to watch these movies because although the content is presented in a way that a lil girl can understand, they might have some questions. I promise you would enjoy them as well!
on March 26, 2017
I have played the Christmas (Samantha) film the day before Christmas break at school. It touches upon important aspects of history: immigrants, class distinctions, inventions, women's emancipation, etc. while telling an entertaining story. There is NOTHING to cringe about either in the script.
on October 12, 2013
I can't say I've watched them all completely, but I liked the parts I did. They teach good ways to deal with some very adult hard lessons. My daughter is 6 and loves them. My son is 4 and could care less. I'd say it's meant for ages 6-12.
on January 2, 2017
My daughter is loving these, and greatly enjoyed them on our Christmas road trip. Note that this is 4 separate discs, which may be good or bad or unimportant to you. We would have liked a single disc with all 4 movies since these stay in the car and would only have taken one slot in the case. Not a big deal however, just a note.
on April 14, 2017
This is a great deal on four excellent American Girl films. My children (daughter, age 7, son, age 9) both enjoyed them. The films are well-made and deliver good messages about being strong, smart, and standing up for what you believe in. Even my husband and I enjoyed the movies, as they feature good storylines and talented actors. Plus, buying this disc is a lot cheaper than renting or buying them digitally.
on April 5, 2013
My 9 and 7 year olds really liked these. My 4 year old did too, but it was kind of scary for her. They have a good amount of suspense and are appropriate and interesting. The stories also got my kids interested in the times, and have given them a point of reference when we talk about history. At the museum, I can say "This would have been happening when Molly's story was happening," etc.