BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 11, 2012
This is the ultimate Christmas CD with all genre of artists. I love it because they sang Christmas music that we all are familiar with! The music was not manipulated either! I was happy with fast delivery, and the packaging was very protective! Thank you!
on April 6, 2014
40 Years: A Charlie Brown Christmas is Vince at his more familliar self as this captures many of the familliar Charlie Brown Christmas special songs and the memories come rushing as soon as you put it on. Great stuff here!
on January 14, 2016
Bought for my grandma. She loves itl
on January 4, 2014
Excellent quality recording, I was pleasantly surprised to hear such a dynamic sound. I my opinion the sound is great and the songs, except a few are a pleasure to listen to.
on January 5, 2015
Who doesn't like Charlie Brown christmas music
on December 8, 2014
It's a bit jazzed up, but enjoyable!
on December 30, 2012
I had bought this before a nd had lost my music library. I loved it so much I purchased it again,
on December 27, 2014
Love love love it.
on July 12, 2010
This is an "updated" version of the Vice Guaraldi classics, focusing on the Christmas-themed music from Peanuts. A mixed bag, as others have suggested. I'm no purist, so I'm fine with the updated stuff with a more "modern" sound, but it's not the thing for everybody. Benoit is, as always, wonderful, and the opening track, Christmas Is Coming, is superb- it's jazzy, it's up tempo, and it just works. The other instrumental stuff works well for the most part- I could have used a more "jazzy" sounding sax closer to the original with Koz's version of Linus and Lucy, and The Rippington's version of Red Baron was a nice update with, what I would assume is, Russ Freeman on guitar.

Onto the vocals- Vanessa Williams' song is nice, but it's nothing too exciting for my tastes, Brian McKnight is technically adept, but his version of Christmas Time Is Here is sort of boring. Toni Braxton does Most Wondeful Time of the Year, but she sounds like she's whining and quivering as she always does, so I'll pass on that. Finally to the worst track of them all by far. I'm not sure who allowed Chaka Khan's version of The Christmas Song to even be included on this album, but whoever it was ensured that the whole CD would be tainted with her terrible vocals. In fact, she is so terrible here, it's the main reason I came to write a review at all. She sounds drunk, she's slurring the vocals, she's horribly off key and off tempo, and I'm sorry, but I never want to hear a version of the song where we get, "e-rrrr-body know" instead of "everybody knows..."!! I was waiting for the crunk version of the song to kick in or something. Maybe they should have sobered her up before placing a mic in front of her face? This horrendous track should have been listened to once, and it should have been immediately decided it was being scrapped. Leaving it on really does taint what is, generally, a good CD.
on November 26, 2011
The original Vince Guaraldi Trio 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' is one of the the all-time classics for both jazz fans and lovers of Holiday music. As such, any attempt to re-do the work in its entirety-even by the best talent in the Jazz world- will struggle to reach that high bar. Trumpeter Rick Braun's version of 'My Little Drum' by sounds really nice, and Dave Koz's sax refreshes 'Linus and Lucy' well enough, but it seems like most of the other artists just showed up for the paycheck. The result is a mixed bag, and being as each track features a different jazz artist, there isn't even any real pattern throughout. Chaka Khan's rendition of 'The Christmas Song ' may be the worst ever recorded. Jazz snobs may get it, those particular to the simple beauty and unique flow of the original may not.