Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 4, 2016
We purchased this hood for a full kitchen remodel. I would have liked to have one that is vented to the outside but due to the kitchen design, it would have been expensive and would have resulted the project not being a do it yourself job. The installation was easy. Any experienced do-it-yourselfer should not have any issues with the installation. The shipping was super fast! As far as the performance, the fan does a great job of moving air and filtering it. It prevents the steam from escaping all over the kitchen and does a decent job of filtering out odors, however, not as well as a fan that is vented externally but that is to be expected.
review imagereview image
46 helpful votes
47 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 15, 2016
Was shipped quickly, Everything was in the box, I did use different screws because I was attaching it to the bottom of upper cabinet, took me maybe 30 min. to install, nice and light weight. I am very pleased. When turned on the fan is neither quiet or loud just the sound of a fan running so that is fine. Light is fine for being over a stove. I got this stove hood because the fan switch on my jen air went out and I just couldn't see spending $$$ to replace just the switch. I would buy again and would recommend this hood.
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
Redid kitchen in stainless. My old white vent hood was a Broan so I trusted the brand and know the quality. The price was very nice. The fan is quiet. I did order the charcoal filters since I was installing ductless from Amazon. It is well built and will last for years. It is perfect and looks great in my new all stainless kitchen.
on September 15, 2017
Why it took me so long to replace my old range exhaust, I don't know. This one is great as it's ductless.
It works well and since I knew it didn't come with a light bulb I had one ready for post installation.
When I walk in to my kitchen and see this new non ductred range hood I am quite happy.
Good price too.
on January 30, 2017
beautiful. my sister and I put it in like champs with no experience. fit just as it should by only removing my other hood. fan is a bit louder than old hood though. does its job and is pretty.
on July 7, 2017
Looked at spending about 5 times as much, but went with this model to keep cost down on total remodel. Install was easy, just had to drill pilot holes in each side of vent hood as not able to use above mount pre-drilled holes. The fan isn't super quiet, but neither is my house, and it's not too loud by any stretch. It works as intended, and if it ever breaks I'll have the happy little feeling of knowing I didn't spend too much on it.
on December 18, 2016
This came quickly and in good shape. It was fairly easy to install, considering the wiring in my old home (I had it built in 1992) was not quite right and we had to figure out which wire was what and how the old range hood was connected to the cabinet and wall. The builders had even broken the wall behind the old range hood - hidden by the old one so I didn't know until I removed it. They had placed the wiring bundle too far to the left behind the wall and when they went to put the range hood in they tore the wall with the wire bundle to get it in the right place to wire in the range hood, it was a drywall mess. It has worked beautifully so far and the fan, any speed, isn't loud at all. I would recommend this if you need to replace an old one.
on March 22, 2017
Purchased to go with my new LG stove, matches nicely. A bit quieter than the older version it replaced, so that's a plus. Does not come with cord and plug, so be prepared to procure one and install it! If you know nothing about electrical work, hire someone or ask a friend who does.
on January 4, 2014
Bought this to replace an old range hood that had half its paint missing and what remained turned to goo when ever I tried to wipe it clean. My son-in-law installed it for me without any problems. But best thing about it is the light. It is so bright over my stove now. I felt as if I was cooking in a cave with the old hood. Can't say much about the fan, other than it works. I don't ordinarily use it.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on January 6, 2016
This replaced the exact same model I've had in my house for 15+ years. The old one never gave me any problems just wanted a new one to match our stainless appliances. Installation was simple since I already had the screws in place from the old one--slid right in, then connected the wiring. Real simple. Quieter than my old one (and less greasy). Stainless finish looks quality. A couple of reviews mentioned this thing being "flimsy" but it sure feels sturdy to me. For the price I think you'd be hard pressed to find anything nicer and I've seen these online at major retailers for almost twice the cost so quite the bargain from Amazon.