Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $17.39 shipping
3 Year Asurion Housewares Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with 23 Built-In Stitches -12 Decorative Stitches, 60% Stronger Motor & Automatic Needle Threader, Perfect for Sewing all Types of Fabrics with Ease
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more!
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration.
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4423 sewing machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams.
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: Adds stability and provides long lasting durability.
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging.
- #1 BEST SELLING SEWING MACHINE: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics!
- WARRANTY: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Portable Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This SINGER Heavy Duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedplate, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, it can sew a variety of heavy weight fabrics. Convenient features including a built-in needle threader, top drop-in bobbin, built-in 1-step buttonhole, snap-on presser feet, on board storage, adjustable presser foot pressure control, built-in reverse, adjustable stitch length, three needle positions and drop feed for button sewing adds a new dimension of ease to heavy duty sewing.
With a 60% stronger motor than standard sewing machines, the SINGER Heavy Duty allows the sewist to sew through heavyweight fabrics with ease, and it provides greater piercing power and speed up-to 1,100 stitches per minute. The heavy-duty frame provides rigid support for added stability and long-lasting durability.
This Free Arm sewing machine provides professional results by offering easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas. Adjustable presser foot pressure control, allows you to sew a wide range of fabrics, from lightweight shears to canvas with ease. This machine provides adjustable stitch width of up to 6mm for creating bolder and attractive decorative and satin stitches. The needle position can be changed for individual projects, such as inserting zippers or cording and topstitching. With all of these creative features the SINGER Heavy Duty sewing machine empowers the sewist to create their unique and perfect projects.
Model Number – 4423
Description – 23 Stitch Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
Product – Sewing Machine
Lightbulb – LED
Dimensions: 15.5"W x 12"H x 6.25"D
Weight (lbs.): 14.5
General Warranty: 25 years
Feet Dog: Drop
Feet Type Included: Zipper, All-purpose, Buttonhole, Button Sewing
Foot Fixing Type: Snap on/off
Number of Feet Included: 4
Presser Foot System: High bar
Pressure Adjustment: Adjustable
Power Cord Included: yes
Number of Built-In Stitches: 23
Number of Decorative Stitches: 12
Number of Stretch Stitches: 4
Number of Utility Stitches: 6
Stitch Width Control: Adjustable
Cabinet Position: Portable (fits into cabinet)
LCD Screen: No
Built-in Needle Threader: Yes
Bobbin Material: Transparent
Bobbin Class – 15, top loading, drop-in
Needle Bar Position: Center
Number of Needle Positions: 3
From the manufacturer
Founded in 1851, Singer is one of the world’s leading sellers of consumer and artisan sewing machines, and one of the world’s most trusted and recognizable brands. The company has a long history of innovation, having produced, among other breakthroughs, the world’s first portable machine, the first zigzag machine and the first computer-controlled machine.
SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine
A True Workhorse with a Heavy Duty Metal Frame and Powerful Motor
The Heavy Duty 4423 sewing machine is designed with your heavy duty projects in mind, from denim to canvas. Thanks to the machine's powerful motor, you have extra high sewing speed to save you time. With adjustable presser foot pressure, you can also sew very lightweight sheers, and the stainless steel bedplate allows fabrics to glide over the machine with ease. Create original costumes, sew personalized fashions or transform your home with new decorator pillows and curtains. Among the 23 stitches is a one-step buttonhole, giving you consistent results every time for projects you'll be proud to say you made yourself. The Top Drop-in Bobbin is not only easy to thread, it's easy to see so you won't run out of bobbin thread in the middle of a seam. Thanks to the SINGER Sewing Assistant App, help is available anytime you are, to help you learn how to set up to sew various fabrics and techniques.
Presser Foot Pressure Control
Sew lightweight to heavy fabric with ease by adjusting the presser foot pressure.
1,100 Stitches Per Minute
Boasting a stronger motor, sewing up to 1,100 stitches per minute allows you to finish projects in less time.
Built-in Needle Threader
After effortlessly threading the machine, this feature allows the eye of the needle to be threaded without eye strain or frustration.
Top Drop-In Bobbin
Convenient drop-in bobbin is easy to insert and remove. The clear view cover makes it easy to monitor the bobbin thread supply.
All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Soft-Sided Dust Cover.
- Top Drop-In Bobbin with Clear View Cover
- Adjustable Presser Foot Pressure Control
- Fully Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
- Free Arm
- Adjustable Stitch Length
- Automatic Reverse: Automatically sew in reverse and reinforce stitches
- Three Needle Positions
- 6mm Stitch Width
- 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Snap-on Presser Feet
- Automatic Needle Threader
- Extra-High Presser Foot Lifter
Get Started Sewing Faster
Convenient features including an automatic needle threader, top drop-in bobbin, fully automatic 1-step buttonhole and drop feed for free motion sewing adds a new dimension of ease to heavy duty sewing.
Four Presser Feet Included:
All-purpose foot - for the majority of your sewing projects.
Buttonhole foot - for adding buttonholes, slots for ribbon and more.
Zipper foot - for adding zippers, piping, cording and more.
Button Sewing Foot - for adding buttons.
- SINGER Sewing Company offers a variety of helpful videos tutorials including the following topics: Threading, Installing a Bobbin and Presser Feet Training.
- Social Media Support allows you to connect with other sewers for tips and tricks.
- On Board Storage: Storage of accessories in the removable sewing bed means accessories are always handy
Heavy Duty 4423
Heavy Duty 4452
Quantum Stylist 9980
|Built-In Stitches||23 Built-in Stitches - 6 Basic Stitches, 12 Decorative Stitches, 4 Stretch Stitches and 1 Buttonhole||32 Built-in Stitches - 6 Basic Stitches, 18 Decorative Stitches, 7 Stretch Stitches and 1 Buttonhole||23 Built-in Stitches - 6 Basic Stitches, 12 Decorative Stitches, 4 Stretch Stitches, 1 Buttonhole||30 Built-In Stitches - 6 Essential Stitches, 5 Stretch Stitches, 17 Decorative Stitches, 2 Buttonholes||100 Built-In Stitches - 9 Basic, 8 Stretch, 76 Decorative and 7 Buttonhole||820 Built-In Stitches - 10 Basic Stitches, 21 Stretch Stitches, 776 Decorative Stitches, 13 Buttonholes|
|Automatic Needle Threader||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Buttonhole type||1-Step Automatic||1-Step Automatic||1-Step Automatic||1-Step Automatic||1-Step Automatic||1-Step Automatic|
|Number of Needle Position||3||3||Variable||13||13||25|
|Machine Type||Heavy Duty Mechanical machine||Heavy Duty Mechanical machine||Mechanical machine||Computerized Machine||Computerized Machine||Computerized Machine|
|Stitch Width/Stitch Length||6mm/Adjustable||6mm/Adjustable||5mm/Adjustable||6mm/Adjustable||6mm/Adjustable||7mm/Adjustable|
|Presser Foot Lifter and Pressure Control||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Included Accessories||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Soft-Sided Dust Cover||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Screwdriver, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Soft-Sided Dust Cover||All Purpose/General Presser Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Edge/Quilting Guide, Needles, Bobbins, Spool Holder, Screwdriver, Darning Plate, Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Soft-Sided Dust Cover||All-Purpose Foot, Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch foot, Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Screwdriver, Seam Ripper/Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Quick Start Guide, Machine Intro DVD, Instruction Manual, Power Cord, Foot Pedal||All-Purpose Foot (on machine), Zipper Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Hem Foot, Satin Stitch Foot, Overcasting Foot, Darning & Embroidery Foot, Gathering Foot, Rolled Hem Foot, Quarter Inch Foot. Pack of Needles, Bobbins (Class 15J), Thread Spool Caps, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Darning Plate, Needle Plate Screwdriver, Seam Ripper / Lint Brush, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Foot Pedal, Power Cord, Instruction Manual (English, Spanish, French), Machine Intro DVD||Needles, Bobbins, Seam Ripper, Lint Brush, Auxiliary Spool Pin, Spool Pin Felt, Screwdrivers, Thread Spool Caps, Edge/Quilting Bar, Soft-Sided Dust Cover, Instruction Manual, Foot Control, Power Cord|
|Automatic Reverse Stitches||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would give everyone who buys this machine one piece of advice: Read the manual. No seriously, READ THE MANUAL!!! Singer was nice enough to include a manual full of details, set up instructions and proper sewing advice. Printed, stapled and everything: not on a disc or a link to a PDF but an actual book in the box with the machine. Shocking right? I personally was amazed, especially after thinking about all the people who gave this machine bad reviews for the simple reason they didn't know how to use it properly, or worse, they don't know how to sew. Yeah, the only down side to the manual is one actually has to read it to obtain that helpful information; not just look at the pictures.
*** I don't intend to sound mean but I'm running with the assumption the folks who gave this machine a bad review also complain their phone is broken because they don't know how to install a new app. ***
Every machine operates and feels a little different. This is a very easy machine to use and get use to. It doesn't really require any skill to use properly and as far as I can tell there's nothing freakishly different about this machine. If you're working with thick materials and you want a strong stitch without laboring the motor or snapping the needle every time you take it out, this is the machine for you.
And seriously, read the manual.
I received my item well packaged and expediently (thanks Amazon). The directions that come with it are not great, but get the basics covered. I utilized the internet for more detailed instruction, and well as for video guidance. After using the sewing machine for several hours, I too became frustrated. So much so, that I initiated a return. It seems I could not get the thread tension correct, and I would end up with tons of bobbin jams. Nobody wants their bobbin in a jam.
After sleeping on it (not literally), I researched more on the internet. I found a few tips that not only helped, my project turned out great and I was able to use the 4423 effectively.
1. Use the felt bobbin spacer if the bobbin is racking in the bobbin case.
2. Important. Use only the plastic - not metal - bobbins.
3. Make sure you thread correctly. Thread tension is critical and is managed at loops #3, #4, and #5. When threading, be sure to give a slight tug to ensure the thread has seated into the blind tensioner. Also don't forget to run the thread behind the guide #6.
4. This might seem obvious, but be sure to drop the presser foot. It's easy to forget especially when setting up thicker fabrics/upholstery. If you forget, you'll know soon enough, by having a mess under the fabric on the bobbin side.
5. Practice with the foot control. It launches from 0 to 60 in a split second. I'd like to find a way of better control here, as fine control is challenging.
6. Use the correct needle size. Mine shipped with a 90/14 which is good for many things, but I recommend a 100 for thicker stuff, like chihuahuas and small pets. Just kidding about that small pet crack.
I gave this machine 5 stars solely because for the money (<$100), it was a no-brainer. I'd give it 4 stars if priced in the usual $125- $150 range. It's not perfect, as the foot control is too sensitive (like my wife). But it is a well made piece of equipment that CAN handle heavy fabrics. It went through 6 layers of vinyl upholstery as well as plastic piping, without struggle. I did find that best results were obtained when the needle is started manually in the thicker, multi-layered fabrics.
Stitch patterns seemed to work okay, but I only did some messing around with them, just to see if they worked. I really only used the straight, and zig-zag with frequency.
One other thing, the machine is light, which is good and bad. Good, as it's easy to transport, but bad as it will move when pushing heavy stock through it. Use a rubber mat, or better yet an appropriate table.