Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on June 1, 2013
I originally gave a favorable rating to this product, but now I have to give it the lowest possible rating and note that this is the first time I have ever gave anything a bad review. The short of it is: this product does not appear to properly supply power to the computer and is degrading the electronics. This issue does not show up right away.

Here is what happened:

After a few months of using this product I noticed my Acer Aspire-5741 would start to get really hot and shutdown due to overheat protection. This quickly became a regular occurrence when doing anything remotely intensive on the computer even though it was well ventilated. Following that, my fairly new battery became completely useless and has about a 5 minute lifespan. Now my computer will no longer accept the charger for more than 1-2 minutes before rejecting it. I am beginning to have issues with my motherboard and the overall functionality of the computer as a whole is going downhill.

I am highly suspicious that the actual power supplied by this charger does not meet the specifications for computers that take this charger type. Use of this product overtime (7 months) has slowly degraded my system. If you plan to use your computer for more than a few more months please spend a few more dollars for a better quality power brick.
on October 9, 2013
I don't see what all the fuss was about. This is the least hot replacement adapter I have ever owned. I personally like the green light because I have pesky little dogs that constantly knock out the chord so it let's me see immediately. :) Ultimately, fits great, works great. Besides the look, I can tell no different between this and my original.

Oh, and it is a 3PRONG into the wall, for anyone interested! I personally had to go buy a 3 to 2 adapter.

UPDATE, 12/17, TWO MONTHS LATER... Charger is now broken. I have to play with it a bunch for it to charge correctly. Ordering a true replacement through Acer. I am not too mad because it is so cheap, but still... shouldn't have broke THIS soon when I take very good care of it.
on June 8, 2014
One of our cats chewed on the original power cord. We're amazed that she didn't get the shock of her young life.

I tried using an a/c adapter from a netbook on this full sized laptop, but the monitor screen pulsated strangely and never stopped.

Looking around, I found a replacement which matched all specifications from the original, and bought it for much less than an electronics outlet would have charged. My 7 year old - and still highly functioning - laptop is back and healthy again.

An excellent purchase for a fraction of the cost of the manufacturer's exact part.
on March 20, 2014
Seemed sturdy enough but after using it noticed it gets VERY HOT ... Worried about using it too much. See now the price variances. I bought a cheaper one which broke so I spent more for this one but I fear it is cr*p also after market are all cheap Chinese .. No UL .. REGRET.

Two months later it started to spark and smoke. TAKE CARE. It does not have the wiring, strong enough wire, to carry the current. It is why they are cheap.
on June 3, 2014
This worked on Acer 5552 laptop computer as advertised although the cord material seemed a bit soft and not as strong as the original. The picture shows a straight plug (which I wanted) vs. an 90 deg plug. The kids have a problem with pulling on the adapter cord when attached and I had hoped a straight plug would pull out easier if stepped on helping reduce the yanking on the AC plug in the computer. But overall works great.
on January 29, 2015
Works fine but doesn't want to stay connected to the laptop. I have to adjust it every so often to keep it connected.
on October 2, 2016
Expedited transaction. I would have made a better description of the item. For example, the length of the cord. In this case, too short. However, I would definitely buy again from this seller.
on May 27, 2014
The cable is very short and sometimes the connector out of the laptop, but it works great and the price is great, good service and fast delivery.
on November 23, 2013
I am EXTREMEMLY impressed with this charger. Precious chargers I ordered through here would heat up or stop working within the first week leaving me without a charger once again, not this charger. I have an Acer Aspire 5534 and it plugs in perfectly. It doesn't discounect easily when I move around or like other chargers. It's not as long as the original charger, but unles you get it from Acer you won't find a longer one. Anyway, I thno the length is fine. This charger does NOT heat up like other chargers. It also seems to stop charging once my computer is fully charged, never happened with any other charger. For the price of this product I'm am very impressed!!!! It's definitely a quality product!! If for some reason this one meets the same fate as my original charger (dog chewed it), I'm repurchasing this one
on July 9, 2013
I consider this a MISREPRESENTED PRODUCT. The picture shows a GROUNDED 3 PIN model. I was sent an UNGROUNDED 2 PIN replacement. In the event of a surge, my computer won't have the same protection that the original Power Supply provided.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.