The 4K Professional Hexcopter Video Drone
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Advanced hexcopter video drone
- Six rotors provide better flight stability and more precise control
- Maximum flight duration: up to 25 minutes on a full charge
- Video transmission range: 1 mile (1.6km)
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
• Advanced hexcopter video drone
• Six rotors provide better flight stability and more precise control
• Maximum flight duration: up to 25 minutes on a full charge
• Video transmission range: 1 mile (1.6km)
• The included "CGO3+" system combines a 12-megapixel, 4K camera and a 3-axis brushless gimbal into a single unit designed to capture stabilized aerial video and 12 megapixel still images
• 4K Ultra High definition video format: 30fps, HD 1080p 120fps
• GPS-based navigation system
• Waypoint navigation lets you add “pushpins” to a map to create "waypoints" that define the vehicle’s path
• Automatic “No Fly Zone” locks the flight ceiling at 400' above ground level to help ensure compliance with FAA guidelines
• Optional Geo-Fencing can be enabled to keep the vehicle inside a user-defined radius
• Automatic Return-To-Home mode at the press of a button, or in the event of low battery or lost signal
From the Manufacturer
The Typhoon H is an advanced aerial photography and videography platform. Thanks to Yuneec's spirit of innovation and pursuit of advanced technology, the TYPHOON H, the smallest and smartest member of the TYPHOON family, is the best choice for skilled pilots and photographers alike. The Typhoon H offers up to 22 minutes of flight time while filming with the CGO3+ 4K-resolution camera. The copter is powered by its easy, intuitive remote control, the ST16 Personal Ground Station, which features a 7-inch Android touchscreen that displays live footage of your flight.
Top customer reviews
Not only that but the H loves to roam when it should be hovering still. I wouldn't recommend using this drone for finess work at all. Only use it if you have large open spaces. The original q500 4k quadcopter is much more stable when hovering and thus easier to use in tight spaces (again due to the H's wandering problem)
Lastly but certainly not least the H took a mind of it's own and started flying in sporadic patterns without me telling it too. You can see what happened in the clip here
Was freaking scary to see my drone flying in ways counter to my instructions. If felt like pulling against a dog on a leash that was trying to go it's own way. Not only that but you can see that the camera started panning on it's own as well in the clip. Again NOT under my control. Really wanted to love this product but Yuneec really dropped the ball with this over engineered design.
I definitely recommend extra batteries (each battery will last you about 20-25 minutes)! It's fun to fly, and I like to take it out for an hour at a time...so I take 3 batteries with me!
A few things I've noticed that are a bit cumbersome or haven't resolved yet.
1. There seems to be a lack of documentation. I say this because that controller has umpteen different modes and the sd card I received, had a couple very short "overview" videos. As I'm reasonably decent with DJI products, their are similarities but I'd rather read/watch step by step details rather the trial and error. Hopefully they'll have more documentation soon that drills into all the features like the nintendo style controls, what the heck do they control?
2. I am a bit surprised by one major factor. I can't find spare batteries right now. The only listing on Amazon says, will ship in 1-2 months and nothing on ebay or Yuneec either. So if your among the few who received yours first, like I am, then it appears their may be a lengthy delay in getting spare batteries and that may be tough accepting the 1 battery it comes with for some of you who want to get flight time in without waiting hours to recharge a single battery.
3. I previously mentioned, heavy duty.. the bird is in fact heavy but in turn, the craft is allot more stable in the air. I do notice its slow in decending. I took it up about 100ft and it took it a good minute or so to come back to eye level.
You're probably wondering why I gave it 5 stars.. Well here's 10 reasons why..
1. The look and feel is fantastic, the Yuneec team put some serious thought into this product. Unlike DJI, who rolled out the same ole same ole, this is an impressive and bleeding edge platform.
2. The controller is excellent because all controls are built in. Not to mention teaming.. i cant wait to try that..
I was so tired of using my cell phone to fly my drone, (lame). I always worried I'd get that call and the DJI drone would fall from the sky..
3. The display is sharp and clear, from about any direction you looked at it from.
4. Every single component in the box is high quality. Nothing feels like junk to the touch. Even the shipping container is ideal for transport. Throw a strap around it and off you go. Though I do recommend taking a picture of the unboxing so you know where everything fit..
5. Yuneec took the right course and opted to avoid nickel and diming the customer for everything, because its all included, Yuneec even included a cigarette lighter charging cord. The only thing would have been icing on the cake would be a "Yuneec shirt" to be included..
6. Did I mention the parts. The props feel like a top of the line knife set and come in a nice bag. They are sharp and well crafted, color coded and lock right on and easy to remove. The arms also fold down to reduce the amount of space needed.
7. In my first 3 flights, the stability of the craft was significantly better than my DJI. I learned the hard way with my DJI that landing was best achieved by simply grabbing it out of the air because it has a tendency to flip backwards and wreck up props. The Yuneec on the other hand, I had hovering perfectly, 2 inches above the ground and set it down with extreme accuracy and confidence.
8. I'm not entirely sure about the scope of the android system it all runs on, but it seems feature packed and able to add allot of add on software. Mine is loaded with 4.4.4 KitKat, which boasts tons of performance and solid related features. I believe DJI locks you into their eco-system which is limited to what they give you.
9. I would bet this spins off open-pilot, which means a huge dev community is constantly writing updates. And that was something that really pushed me to leave DJI was i had to buy a whole new drone to get a new flight console. I had the vision plus GUI and the next version of the DJI line had a "improved" flight system which you could download off the apple store.. but DJI did not extend support to earlier products.. so for me, that was a deal breaker and was reason enough to move on to hopefully a less restrictive platform.
10. The camera.. taking a couple 4k selfie's right out of the box... the quality is fantastic, sharp, crisp and from a cleanup perspective required near zero touch up just on my first few test shots..
So far I'm extremely impressed with the Yuneec Typhoon H, but I need some extra batteries.. pronto.. I'll update this review as a few days go by and I get more time in the air with it. Oh yea, be sure to update the firmware when you get yours.
Great Job Yuneec!!!