|Fits as expected||
- Leather and Textile
- Synthetic sole
- Shaft measures approximately 8" from arch
- Side zip functionality with YKK Zipper hardware, stay tied sausage laces
- Full grain leather and rugged nylon construction and antibacterial and moisture wicking lining
- 5.11 shock mitigation system. Covert tactical pocket
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Engineered to meet the demands of law enforcement, military, and tactical operators, the ATAC 8" Side Zip Boot delivers high performance and comfort in a professional profile. The upper provides breathable stability, and the full grain leather toe offers a sturdy, polished appearance. Featuring an injection molded Phylon midsole, cushioned insole, and non metallic shank, these boots are built to support you when the job heats up. Our Shock Mitigation System and an oil and slip resistant outsole offer enhanced speed and traction, while a moisture wicking lining keeps you cool. Battle tested excellence.
5.11, Inc. creates superior products that enhance the safety, accuracy, speed and performance of law enforcement, military and firefighting professionals and sells these products under the registered trademarks, 5.11 Tactical, 5.11 Tactical Series, and other marks. Built on a foundation of durability, quality and value, 5.11, Inc. leads the industry in delivering functionally innovative gear, from head to toe.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B007EK1I9Q
- Item model number: 5-12001-019-BLACK
- Date first available at Amazon.com: July 19, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The soles are worn at the ball of foot, two plastic eyelets where the laces are first started have broke but the leather held up, the sole has separated on left boot. The stitching on the left has started to go.
The zipper is what I like the most on these boots, it allows me to strap on and get going. Once in awhile I will re-tie my boots due to looseness or different thickening socks. It has not given me any problems. It was one of my concerns at the time of purchase that it may break off at some point or get caught or separate from the boot material but that has not been the case.
Wearing these boots almost everyday, I don't mind standing for long hours in these boots they are comfortable to the point I don't even think about it. You might need to replace the insoles at some point but they will give your feet and lower back proper support, something I need in the industry that I work in.
Now that my boots are falling apart and presenting a safety issue, I need to order some new ones. thanks again A.T.A.C
The only thing A.T.A.C needs to improve on these boots is the eyelets, I broke them a few weeks after purchase.
They are still good boots and well made but one thing did stand out to me: The last time I bought these boots I had paid ~$90 for them and now they were something like $105 or $110. With the price increase I would expect the materials to either stay the same or improve. Instead, some of the materials are much flimsier than the older pair that I have. One area this is quickly apparent is the flap of material that is behind the side zip of the boot when it's zipped up. The old boots have a rather thick piece of sturdy leather. The new boots have a thin and flimsy feeling piece of nylon backed faux leather thing. So far it's not been a problem but it seemed odd and was immediately noticeable. Not sure if the rest of the boot is as solid as the old pair as a result.
There are a couple features that should receive praise. The quick removal zipper is an unsung hero. At the end of the day, it’s great to rip them off without concern of the zipper breaking. There’s a flap on the interior that prevents moisture getting through. Feet stayed dry in 5 straight days of rain.
The pocketknife holder is handy.
The air vent buttons are especially useful in desert conditions.
The sole does not appear to wear out.
Overall opinion: Solid and comfortable as bath slippers. 5.11 is a brand I will try for other gear.
I am a women’s 9 and elected for a men’s 7 in this boot.
With these boots, I'm happy on both counts and I'm in the process of breaking them in.
- The side-zipper feature is time saver
- Quality materials
- Easy to break in (so far)
- Accommodates heavy socks + tucked in pants easily
- Excellent ankle support (so far)
- No complaints so far.
- They're a bit tight on the middle/arch area of the foot until you get them dialed in. Once you put them on a few times you'll figure out the adjustment between the laces and the zipper.
- If you have a wide foot make sure you get the right size or you probably will have some trouble.