|Fits as expected||
- 100% Leather and textile
- Synthetic sole
- MULTIPURPOSE WORK BOOTS: Whether you’re looking for a solid pair of hunting boots, hiking boots, yard work boots, or combat boots, these boots are here to help. Their solid, authentic leather construction means they’re built to withstand all types of weather while keeping your feet comfortable and protected. Use them for working or exploring!
- TOUGH LEATHER CONSTRUCTION: Our boots don’t use cheap, faux leather. We know that 100% full-grain leather offers the best quality, so we use it in constructing every one of our rugged boots. These comfortable boots can stand up to years of wear and tear, whether you use them on the job, on your motorcycle, or on a wilderness backpacking trip.
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGN: Our boots feature a full-length, dual-density insole with a bottom layer of Ortholite X25 foam for better cushioning and rebound. They also feature a top layer of Ortholite Lazy recovery foam for a custom, comfortable fit. A breathable tongue design allows for maximum airflow. A hidden knife pocket is included so that you can be prepared for anything.
- MILITARY STANDARDS FOR SAFETY: Our 5.11 boots are built to American military standards with real materials and no imitations. These boots are great for both the combat pro and the beginning hunter. Their high cut offers optimal ankle support and makes them perfect for outdoor use. They will protect your feet from the elements and from workplace hazards.
- BLACK TACTICAL BOOT: This 8” tactical boot features 100% full-grain leather, 840D nylon, brass hardware, and an Ortholite insole. The full-grain leather toe, 840D nylon upper, and shock mitigation system provide the kind of rugged protection you need, while the knife pocket keeps an important ally within reach.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
We’ve designed a pair of boots that sets the new standard of excellence for stylish footwear for men everywhere. Whether it’s spring, summer, fall, or winter, you need to have a pair of work boots that you can trust. When you choose to work with 5.11, you’re choosing to work with a company that actively collaborates with professionals to ensure that we’re meeting the needs of our customers. Our ATAC boots are all made with real, full-grain leather and durable, extra-strong nylon. We don’t use cheap, faux leather because we know that 100% full-grain leather offers the best quality, so we use it in constructing every one of our rugged boots. These wear-resistant boots can stand up to years of wear and tear, whether you use them on your motorcycle or on a wilderness backpacking trip. If you’re looking for a solid pair of hunting boots, hiking boots, yard work boots, or combat boots, our boots are here to help. Their solid, authentic leather construction means they’re built to withstand all types of weather while keeping your feet comfortable and protected. Use them for working or exploring. We carry men’s sizes 4 through 15 in both regular and wide styles. With so many sizes and color options of black or brown, these are the perfect boots for men everywhere. These durable boots are built to American military standards with real materials and no imitations. They’re great for both the combat pro and the beginning hunter. Their high cut offers optimal ankle support and makes them perfect for outdoor use. They can protect your feet from the elements and workplace hazards. No matter what you’re looking for in a boot, 5.11 has you covered!
- Package Dimensions: 12 x 8 x 4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B007EK1I9Q
- Item model number: 5-12001-019-BLACK
- Date first listed on Amazon: April 5, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-8 of 1,143 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The soles are worn at the ball of foot, two plastic eyelets where the laces are first started have broke but the leather held up, the sole has separated on left boot. The stitching on the left has started to go.
The zipper is what I like the most on these boots, it allows me to strap on and get going. Once in awhile I will re-tie my boots due to looseness or different thickening socks. It has not given me any problems. It was one of my concerns at the time of purchase that it may break off at some point or get caught or separate from the boot material but that has not been the case.
Wearing these boots almost everyday, I don't mind standing for long hours in these boots they are comfortable to the point I don't even think about it. You might need to replace the insoles at some point but they will give your feet and lower back proper support, something I need in the industry that I work in.
Now that my boots are falling apart and presenting a safety issue, I need to order some new ones. thanks again A.T.A.C
The only thing A.T.A.C needs to improve on these boots is the eyelets, I broke them a few weeks after purchase.
they're comfortable as heck and only took 2 work days in a warehouse to break them in. previous boots took me mixing and matching between 10 different insoles to finally find something that was bearable but still not comfortable to wear.
they're super light which makes them nice to stand/walk in for 8+ hour work shifts. when i first got them i thought the box i received was empty, lol.
the slip resistant rating is worthless below 40F. you might as well just be wearing flat bottom shoes because even a slight amount of water and you'll probably fall.
exterior quality is on par with the cheaper Chinese made boots you can get from wally world.
they're definitely not meant for cold climates since they do nothing to keep your feet warm.
the heal of the sole has a slight ridge that is too high and makes it feel like you're stepping on the bottom edge of your pants if you tend to wear extra long pants like i do. i find my self constantly checking even though i know i'm not.
i would recommend these boots for some one that lives in warmer drier regions but not sure the price is worth it though. will update after 6 months of use which is usually when i see issues crop up with cheaper brands.
They are still good boots and well made but one thing did stand out to me: The last time I bought these boots I had paid ~$90 for them and now they were something like $105 or $110. With the price increase I would expect the materials to either stay the same or improve. Instead, some of the materials are much flimsier than the older pair that I have. One area this is quickly apparent is the flap of material that is behind the side zip of the boot when it's zipped up. The old boots have a rather thick piece of sturdy leather. The new boots have a thin and flimsy feeling piece of nylon backed faux leather thing. So far it's not been a problem but it seemed odd and was immediately noticeable. Not sure if the rest of the boot is as solid as the old pair as a result.
With these boots, I'm happy on both counts and I'm in the process of breaking them in.
- The side-zipper feature is time saver
- Quality materials
- Easy to break in (so far)
- Accommodates heavy socks + tucked in pants easily
- Excellent ankle support (so far)
- No complaints so far.
- They're a bit tight on the middle/arch area of the foot until you get them dialed in. Once you put them on a few times you'll figure out the adjustment between the laces and the zipper.
- If you have a wide foot make sure you get the right size or you probably will have some trouble.