Lyft Industrial Deals Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Dark Earth|Change

Showing 1-10 of 846 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 899 reviews
on March 17, 2015
This is my second 5.11 tactical pack - the first is a MOAB 10. This pack is built like a tank. It's the latest model with the slightly wider straps, loops on the bottom and the upgraded shoulder yoke. Within a week of getting this pack I took a 10 day trip to South Africa, with the two 5.11 bags as my luggage. This Rush 72 swallowed a whole lot of clothing and gear. I carried them both on the planes for the trip to South Africa. I like the pockets and organization and the Rush 72 fit right into the overhead compartment. On the way back, we had some souvenirs and wine, so I expanded into a Sea to Summit Sil duffle bag for carry on, and checked the Rush 72. All I did to prep it for the baggage handling goons was to put a loop of paracord around the pack to cinch the pack straps tight (they are typically what gets caught in the baggage machinery). The pack did fine, showed up three flights and 9000 miles later none the worse for wear. At customs in Atlanta, I was randomly selected for the bag shakedown. The inspector was not too interested in my personal items but seemed to like the pack. Asked where I bought it, how I liked it, etc.

I did make one minor change to the bag. The zipper pulls throughout are black, which makes it difficult to find the zippers on the inside of the bag. I removed the black pull cords on all the inside zippers and replaced them with reflective yellow pulls made from 2.5mm cord. Big improvement, now you can open it up and instantly find the zipper pulls.

I intend to use the Rush 72 as my travel and camping bag. Among the features I like - just the right size, lots of organization in the pockets, fairly unobtrusive in black, when it isn't full it compresses down nicely. Like the other 5.11 tactical gear, it's well built and sturdy. PALS webbing on the outside is handy for attaching stuff.

I have a separate 70 liter backpack that I take backpacking. Some have noted that the Rush 72 is a bit heavy. It's tactical gear, not backpacking gear. A real backpack has better load bearing, more space and a better hip belt.
review image review image review image
on September 20, 2017
I love this bag! I'm using it for plein air painting. I love how it has pockets for all my supplies. One for brushes, one for cleaning supplies, one for measure measurement tool, etc. I love how it completely opens up - so, I can easily access all my tools. Although it is heavy when my supplies are in it, the waist belt and chest belt help distribute the weight. It will allow me to hike to remote locations with all that I need. I can even tie my tripod to the bottom of the bag. The only tiny item I think they should improve is the way the waist belt tightens. It is tough to tighten.
on August 22, 2017
This has been my EDC since Feb 2014 (now aug 2017). A little large for an EDC but as long as you don't stuff it full it gives room to expand into a BOB or weekend bag should the need arise. So it has held up to daily use for years. If you're planning on walking a lot the hip pads are very comfortable even after miles of hiking. Tons of pockets for organizing your gear. I added steel cable as zipper pulls so I could lock it. Not foolproof but a deterrent nonetheless.
on March 12, 2017
This is the go to bag for I have a lot of stuff I need to take with me in a hurry. If you are debating this purchase, let me tell you: You will not regret it. The organization is perfect, you can fit a metal plate into the water bladder area to make it bulletproof. Handguns fit in nicely on the side compartments, and the quality is top notch. I got this on Cyber Monday, and it arrived earlier than expected. I loved this bag so much I bought the 24hr bag, or the other way around. Whether you're a photographer, military, hiker, snowboarder, or college student, this thing will do it all.
on June 29, 2017
Everyone knows 5.11 is the leading brand for tactical stuff. I have a couple that serve as my bugout bag and a diaper bag for my toddler children. I carry it everyday and what I like most about it is when you break it in feels like it can take on anything. I throw this thing around everywhere and it has never failed me. The yolk shoulder straps and the chest strap along with the waist strap help distribute the load I'm carrying. I don't know, I wish I can give more stars cuz this bag definitely holds up and won't give out. Love my 5.11 tactical rush 72 hour bag
on June 14, 2017
This backpack exceeds my expectations. I wish the outside top pocket was larger but that's just nitpicking. Way better quality than the Explorer Tactical bag....that bag fell apart on me in the airport after 1 year of work. The last bag i had before it lasted 4 and still had to be forcibly retired. But back to this bag. The Rush 72hr pack is well, WELL worth the extra money. Just on the feeling of quality materials used. Its twice as thick as the Explorer. Dont be fooled by the rest.
on September 18, 2017
I would give this pack 10 stars if I could. For tactical purposes, or even general use, it's got all the organization pockets you could ever ask for, the size to swallow up unbelievable amounts of gear, the ruggedness to stand up to Hades, the molly you need for flexibility, and the customizability to make it work for almost any mission. The comfort is more than acceptable for most uses and body types. I've used LBT and two models of Eberlestocks for my needs and this bag remains my favorite. For the money, and not even not considering the money, this pack is the most well thought out and useful to keep gear organized and easily accessible that I've come across. Are there lighter packs? Yes. Are there more expensive packs? Hell yes. Have I found a pack that has met my needs the same way this one has yet? No.
on January 31, 2013
I will consider this luggage over a backpack. This is a beast of a bag. Its overkill for anything I will ever need it for and maybe that is what I love about it the most.
This bag will hold a small body in it if needed.. its that big! It almost feels more like 2 bags attached to eachother as the outter bag holds as much or more than most kids backpacks! The main compartment routes the hydration without any issue and the comfort once I have the bag on is amazing. I forget the bags size. Im fairly happy with this bag and am looking forward to seeing how it holds up!
on October 19, 2016
This pack is very well made. It has a lot of storage capacity, numerous pockets to stash and organize your gear, MOLLE compatible to attach other components in numerous ways. Very versitale. Although I haven't had to use it yet it's packed full of gear and ready to " bug out " ! I highly recommend this pack. I am very pleased with this purchase.
on December 3, 2014
Bag is simply enormous. Went camping at a festival and packed 5 days worth of clothes, camping accessories and food inside with room to spare.

If I had more time could have rigged a bottom strap to hold my bedroll + tent.

Now repurposed as my 72 hour bag and sits in the trunk of my car for emergencies.

Pros:
Big. Really really big. Stores everything you need and has room for more. The amount of interior organization is amazing.
Doesn't feel cheap.
The back plate helped to not have weird lumps poking me in the back during carry.
Durable. Has been thrown around and slid on the ground and never picked up a ding. Makes for a pretty decent chair in a pinch.

Cons:
Rides weird on my shoulders. I might be too tall/short for the frame this is designed for, but shoulder and upper back fatigue are a real thing.
Waist straps were uncomfortable. No matter the adjustment level they never felt right. Tucked them back and forgot they existed.
You can overpack in a hurry. Fully loaded it sits around 80 pounds without breaking a sweat. Nice if you are in shape and can handle it, will murder you in your sleep if you are not.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.