Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Color: Sandstone|Change

Showing 1-10 of 847 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 918 reviews
on September 8, 2016
Rush 24 vs. Rush 12 (College Student's Perspective)

Okay so I purchased both the Rush 24 (left) and Rush 12 (right) and compared how each backpack would hold up during the day.

I commute 1 hour to my University and I have class from around 10am to 830pm.
I carry the following with me;
- 13in Macbook air / charger
- 4 notebooks
- 1 or 2 books
- 2 meals from home in plastic tupperware
- Calculator / pencils / pens
- 2 bottles of tea in glass bottles I drink for health reasons
- Flashlight / Paracord / Pocket knife

Now I did fit all that stuff in the Rush 12 besides the glass bottles, but it was extremely tight and I had no where to put my bottles which is an issue. It felt kind of strange on my back like it was almost too small and the rubber pads where rubbing on my back.
I put all that in the in the Rush 24 and I had a decent amount of room left over, maybe for a sweater or something else along those lines. The 24 is NOT THAT BIG. It's kinda big, but not obnoxious. I saw other students around campus had even bigger backpacks... **The rush 12 would be a great school backpack if you lived on campus or didn't bring your own lunches from home.**

Overall the build quality is great on both backpacks and seems like it will last a long time.
Only reason I deducted a star for the Rush 12 is because it really isnt that big. My Girlfriends $20 Jansport backpack was about the same size
on December 1, 2012
I was looking for a small bag to carry a laptop, an extra layer, a few tools, admin stuff, snacks and this is it. I didn't want a hip belt, and this doesn't have one - tho it does provide hardware to fashion one out of 1.5" webbing if wanted.

Main compartment is big enough for my 13" Macbook Pro, an extra layer or two, files, books ... It has a couple of mesh pouches that help organize your stuff. I have chargers in one, and a hat and gloves in the other.

The front compartment has plenty of room and compartmentation to stow tools, admin stuff, snacks, meds... and a zippered compartment big enough for folded papers, cards, cash ... Two straps with clips hold keys or small tools. Lots of nice touches.

Outstanding combo of molle and velcro panels on the outside to attach stuff. I have a Condor EMT Pouch on one side, a 5.11 H2O Carrier on the other, and a suave MilSpec Monkey patch on the velcro panel.

The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because the back panel, which opens up for easy access to a hydration bladder, doesn't have either velcro, nor molle panels to allow utilization of this space in the absence of a bladder. It would be pretty close to perfect for tools, or for concealed carry if it was so equipped ...

But workmanship is outstanding. It is a small bag, but it's nearly perfect for my requirements for an every day carry pack. See my pictures above for more details.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2014
March 2014:

Several folks have asked about the size and proportions of this backpack, I imagine because a handful of reviewers have stated the pack looks comically small on their frame. The dimensions are, very roughly, 12 inches in width and 18 inches in height. In terms of its scale, it is indistinguishable from any regular backpack you see on campus -- in fact, I have seen a number of these Rush 12's being worn by other students.

December 2014:

The backpack has survived three semesters and several road trips now with no visible wear or tear whatsoever. Zippers and stitching are still strong and intact, the bottom isn't stretching despite sometimes having to carry four or five thick textbooks and accompanying notebooks.

April 2015:

Over a year old, now, and the Rush 12 has survived day-to-day use without a single complaint. The backpack has endured everything from hauling textbooks and a change of clothes from one state to the next, to a weekend of rappelling. No tears, no zipper problems, it doesn't even get that dirty, somehow.
review image
33 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2016
I've been carrying the sandstone rush 12 for about 2 solid years now. Originally it was gonna be my super tactical badass get home from work survival bag. I worked in the ghetto and had all the stuff to Rambo myself home in the event of an emergency. I had survival food, G19 with mags, spare AR mags, Med kit, fire starting kit, para cord and all kinds of cool stuff. Well now I work where I can't carry a gun so I had to take out the gun stuff. I ate all the food because k was hungry one day. I slowly used up all the band aids and med supplies (I'm a machinist and cut myself a lot) so now it just holds my lunch and water bottle and random crap.

So this thing gets drug around pretty hard every day. It travels in a van pool getting stomped on and drug around 100 miles a day and then it gets tossed around my work area all day and gets sprayed with machine coolant, s*** spilled on it, sharp pieces of metal dragged across it etc.

After two solid years of this, it is still in great shape. It looks a little dingy but there is hardly any fraying of seams. All zippers are still perfect, all straps, clasps and buckles are still perfect.

A lot of guys at work have the SOG knockoff pack from Walmart and they are all falling apart.

Be tacticool. Get the RUSH 12
review image
on January 16, 2017
First off let my start by expressing my love for 5.11 All of their gear that I have used is field ready and more then capable of standing up to any challenge you can throw at it from EDC to day/light hiking to extensive field use. During my time in the USMC I used some quality gear and I wish that 5.11 was included in some of my issued gear. It's engineered well, designed with usability in mind and all around bada**.

Now onto this bag. This bag in my opinion, design wise, size, usability and price in mind, is the perfect EDC bag on the market. I did extensive research and read a ton of reviews before purchasing this specific bag and I can honestly say my time paid off well. This bag was everything I was looking for and then some. It has the space to fit all of my everyday needs without being over-sized. It rugged and durable without being too heavy ( I would say it's a midweight bag). As for the usability? Oh man this thing has pocket galore! It's perfect for organizing all of your gear.

I also own the Rush 72 and MOAB 10 and this is the bag that I carry everyday. You will not be disappointed with this bag, trust me. I did the research, I saw other bags and I wouldn't change my purchase.

A note about EDC bags:

One thing I have noticed a lot of is people carrying "EDC" bags that seem to be more along the lines of bug out bags... an EDC bag should have everything you need to carry you through the day comfortable with a minimal amount of survival gear. The purpose of an EDC bag is not extreme survival... don't make the mistake of thinking an EDC is a Bug Out Bag. Carry what you need and maybe a little extra just incase.
review image review image review image review image
on June 1, 2014
My old backpack (similar to a SwissGear Model 1908 in size and form) was on its last legs and was too bulky for comfortable flying. My family called it the "Backpack of Death" when I wore it traveling as it was pretty good sized. It gave up the the ghost on my last trip and I needed a new one. I was at first concerned that I could get the entirety of my "mobile office" in the RUSH 12 pack. All I can say is - room to spare. Here's what fits comfortably in to the main compartment:

1 15 inch laptop in an Amazon Basics 15.6 inch neoprene sleeve. This shapes the back of the pack nicely
1 8.5" x 11" legal pad (same location as the laptop)
2 Eagle Creek "quarter-cube" packs containing various electronics, USB attachments, cables, external HD, mouse, pens, straight edge, etc.
1 "Classic" sized Franklin-Covey planner.

Front top pocket: First aid kit, small container of daily meds, LED flashlight, USB drive and a couple of pens.

Front "Admin" pocket - a couple of pens, note paper, small camera and lots of room to spare.

I added a Maxpedition EDC Pocket organizer with a small notepad and a pen + Sharpie in it using the MOLLE webbing and Maxpedition Tac-Tie on the side to hold my phone/wallet while going through security.

This pack will easily fit under the seat of any MD80-or-larger jet and will probably fit under the seat of the Embraer regional jets and turboprops and more easily in the upper bin of those smaller jets.

PROS: Lightweight, holds a ton of stuff, including a 15 in laptop. MOLLE webbing all over the pack will allow for a lot of customization for both travel or tactical/range use.

CONS: No computer padding (need to supply your own if you want it). Will NOT fit a 17 in laptop in a sleeve (tried that).

If you think this pack is going to be too small for you, I urge you to give it a try anyway. It is surprisingly roomy and comfortable for travel.
on November 21, 2016
I purchased this to participate in a GoRuck Heavy, and is now my every-day-carry.

I am 6'0, 200lbs, 34-36" waist, and I coupled it with a 5.11 TDU 1.5-Inch Belt, Black, X-Large, and the Condor Gen II Battle Belt Black size M. The X-Large was a must to accomodate the battle-belt, and the Large version of the battle belt would overlap, so if you're my build, stick with XLarge/M combo. I removed the 5.11 buckle and replaced it with one meant for backpacking, as I found it impossible to tighten it while wearing the pack

It fits the GoRuck 20lbs plate perfectly in the water bladder compartment, I cut a 10" length of pool noodle, put a slice down the middle, and zip-tied it to the bottom of the weight to prevent it from hitting the small of my back during exercises. Did a bunch of 10k runs with it on, the GoRuck was 8-hours, 15-mi of running, relays and PT. It has been fully submerged in water, in torrential rain, baked in the heat, tossed in my car and on the ground over and over, and now I bring it to work every day with my laptop, some clothes, and a bunch of tools clipped to the molle webbing. When I go to the range, the front pouch comfortably accomodates my Sig Pro 2022 9mm in its holster.

My only wish for this pack is that it was more laptop friendly, but I realize that is not the intent of this pack.
on November 4, 2013
First off, I'm a firm believer in the quality of 5.11 products. I own the Rush 72 and also the All Hazards Prime backpack, so I'm familiar with the construction and durability of their bags. I picked up the Rush 12 as a day pack for backpacking when I need to carry more than just water. I use this pack to put my 3 liter Camelback bladder, a full poncho (that covers me and my pack), snacks, large knife, rain pants, medical kit, and some other light survival gear. This pack fits great, and I love that it has the connectors on the back near the bottom to add a waist belt to it. I picked up a waist belt at my local Army surplus store and can now load the Rush 12 with bricks if I wanted to and still carry it all day. If you carry heavy loads in this little pack, get the waist belt to take the pressure off of your shoulders.

This pack also can hold my 17" Lenovo ThinkPad laptop with an extended battery, too. The fit is a little snug, but once it's in it still has room in the main compartment for a jacket and other items.

I love this bag and am proud to have it in my collection of gear.
on June 9, 2015
Bought this June of 2014, today it is the 9th of June 2015, so nearly a year of use and the pack still looks like new. It holds my 13.5" Dell Notebook, my large 3 ring binder, 3 calculators, and all the school supplies I could need, to include a small hygene kit containing deodorant, breath mints, cologne and toothbrush. The pocket for the glasses I use for Granola Bars daily and I purchased the 5.11 water bottle and sunglass pouch and mounted one on each flank. Great pack for daily use! Highly recommend!
on April 12, 2017
Purchased this bag as an EDC a couple of months ago. Absolutely love it. I am in the Army and stationed in Germany. My review will be geared more to those serving in the US Army specifically stationed in Germany. Perfect for a Soldier living in the barracks. I do recommend for those who live off post in Germany to get the Rush 24 since technically Soldiers regardless of rank are not authorized to even drive home in uniform, so the 24 does have enough room for one set of uniform and boots and once you change it will absolutely have room for your civilian attire. Please also note for those in the Army logos on a backpack are not authorized so just put black tape over the logo. It doesn't stand out or anything. And of course to stay in regulation get multicam or black. I highly suggest black because who knows when there will be a new uniform change. Plus if you get black you will blend in more if you use this off duty for travel.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.