Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,936 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,344 reviews
on September 6, 2016
I've been taking these shots for many years now so I can attest to the fact that when it comes to simply keeping you awake all night and throughout the day. It's literally like taking multiple shots of espresso! You will be wired…!!! So fair warning, you're taking what amounts to a huge cup of coffee, along-side some other ingredients to keep you up, just know what you're getting into. I find 5-hour energy to be very effective when I have a late night of studying or in the morning after I’ve had a late night partying. It really helps me stay awake. However what they're not effective for is working out, and I’ve tried this, and it simply doesn’t compare to a traditional pre-workout.

If you've ever tried to workout while taking huge doses of caffeine or 5-hour energy you'll notice that you'll get very tired and very sore during and after your workout, but you won’t be able to sleep well. If you're planning on taking 5-hour energy to help power you through a work out I suggest trying a pre-workout, like this pre-workout, which is like the ones the Olympic athletes use, instead of this energy shot. There are no harmful fillers or chemical and it's formulated specifically to boost your performance in the gym, instead of just keeping you awake and alert. Some people actually use this pre-workout in lieu of caffeine, but I don't recommend this unless you're working out in the morning. I actually do use this method: I take my pre-workout, then go to the gym, then go to work. The energy I get from the pre-workout lasts throughout midday. I would not recommend taking both at the same time, you will get jittery and feel like crap frankly.

In summation, 5-hour energy works like a charm but has its limitations and the drawbacks. If you want something a little more formulated just take a pre-workout like the one I mentioned, or do a little more research into the concept to get an idea of what might work best for you.
review image
22 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2016
Love this stuff! On rare occasion however you do get a bottle with some weird stuff under the lid. See pic.
review image
on January 9, 2017
Here's the deal. These don't taste good but they work like magic lol. I work nights and use them on average about 2 nights a week. I also use them if I have to drive and know that I'm tired. They keep me awake and alert without side effects that I've experienced with caffeine pills in the past. I wish they tasted decent though.
on May 5, 2016
I love this stuff! You can find extra strength berry and grape 24 count boxes in Sams Club for a great price! But these are pretty much all that is out there. If you want a different taste you have to buy the single servings from the convenience store or supermarket for to much $$$ like 3$ per shot. So when I found these different flavors for $2.50 per shot, well I save up to 50 cents per shot! That's great!
on November 8, 2016
I drink one of these every day after lunch now. Not sure if I'm getting addicted to them or not but they certainly put some pep in my step.
on March 11, 2014
I love this stuff but like the grape best. I don't drink the entire or even half a bottle at a time, just a sip and that is enough to give me the amount of energy I want and need plus it curves my appetite. Just bought a box of 2 12-packs from Sams in Pomegranate. That should last me a while. The price was right and figured the way things are going, everything you buy will soon be $100. Have you noticed the price of food nowadays? Ridiculous but that is another story. Thanks.
on July 4, 2017
5-hour Energy is a good alternative to other energy type drinks as it's in shot form so it doesn't fill you up. It gives me an extra boost of energy but doesn't keep me from falling asleep at night. The taste is on the sweet side but since you're probably not sipping on the drink, it's not a major factor.
on May 7, 2017
I use these drinks to get my day started. Better then drinking a bunch of coffee. I probably should not drink so many.
on April 26, 2017
Bought for my husband, he finds this little bottle gives him that extra boost of energy when we play golf. However, both of us have noticed that it does at times affect our small muscles and might negatively impact our putting efforts. It's a tradeoff.
on February 13, 2017
We practically live on these and getting them from Amazon is so easy and convenient. The berry flavored ones are very consistent in flavor. Some of the other flavors were inconsistent. They would taste really sour and awful occasionally. I have not found that to be the case with these berry flavored ones.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.