Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LG 5-Year Service Coverage for LCD TVs ($501-$700)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on July 29, 2011
I recently purchased an LG LCD television and have been researching extended warranty options. I noticed that this warranty begins from the day you purchase your T.V. which didn't make sense, since the T.V. comes with a 1 year warranty at no extra charge.

So, you're actually only getting 4 additional years beyond the 1 year warranty that comes with the T.V. I phoned LG and asked them about this. They confirmed that the warranties sold on Amazon start with the date of purchase. The LG rep also explained that warranties sold on Amazon are non-renewable.

If you purchase your warranty through LG (via the LG website) the extended warranty starts after your initial 1 year warranty expires and you have the option of renewing your extended warranty. LG offers extended warranties up to 3 years plus the option to pay your warranty cost in three payments. Currently, the price for an LG Warranty, when purchased directly from the LG website, is around $60.00. As you can see here, the cost of the warranty offered on Amazon is around $112.00.

I'm going with the directly-through-LG option, it's simply a better deal.
55 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2011
I read the above review about the price of this warranty here (at Amazon) and at LG's website before a purchase.

M. Clark's review is mixing apples and oranges. The price he quotes at LG (now $67) is for a 3-year warranty, not a 5 year.

The price quoted here ($116) is for 5-year warranty which is not even offered on LG's website.
Also, read the contract "fine print". To be covered for power surge damage, you *must* be connected through a UL-approved surge protector and they may ask you to return the surge protector with the TV.
on May 16, 2014
I bought this warranty over other warranty services that were a little more because it was onsite. I called in and they told me their new policy was to have the TV shipped. BUNK I payed for onsite. Demanded a supervisor, they did in home. They refer it out, I get a call, they believe they know exactly what the problem is. They will schedule when they have the part. ok, no problem. Get the call, tech comes out, He is puzzled by the problem. That's ok this happens. He takes a picture sends it to the home office. He tells me I need a new screen and that that LG would either determine if they would replace the screen or the entire TV. 2 weeks later no call. I call a number for LG found on web, they tell me that my contract is thru Amazon, not LG. EVERYTHING I have on paper is thru LG. so now it's been 2 weeks, an nothing. I opened the ticket 4/19. And my TV still isn't fixed.
on August 1, 2013
I have a problem with my TV speakers on a 32" TV. I thought I was buying an in-home service contract, but the rep told me they only do in home service for TVs 42" and above. They want me to pack and ship the TV and be without it for two weeks. Buyer beware.
on June 26, 2013
I have not used it yet. I will see later if I have to use it. If the TV is as good as they say I shouldn't have to use it.
on March 12, 2014
Haven't had to use it yet, but it is nice knowing its there if I need it. Was able to purchase at a great price compared to in store warranties.
on June 29, 2011
Fair price for extended warranty. Hope I never have to use it. Am confident that everything will be taken care of if I have to use it.

See 1 answered question