- File Size: 1378 KB
- Print Length: 445 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Ashbrook Press (February 5, 2014)
- Publication Date: February 5, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IA6R7CK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,830 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
50 Core American Documents: Required Reading for Students, Teachers, and Citizens Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Landmark cases heard in the Supreme Court give insight as to the evolution of government as seen from the highest court in the land. Marbury vs. Madison, Dred Scott vs. Sandford, Plessy vs. Ferguson and Brown vs. The Board of Education are among them. Foreign policy touchstones like the Monroe Doctrine, New Nationalism Speech and A Time for Choosing demonstrate debates over foreign policy.
Human rights are discussed by Frederick Douglas and John C. Calhoun, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Lyndon Johnson. Milestone documents include the Emancipation Proclamation, the Gettysburg Address and the “I Have a Dream” speech.
While by no means exhaustive, this well organized collection of historic documents that are keystones of American history are a valuable reference resource for students of history, teachers and librarians. Appropriate for ages ten and older. Put this one on your reference shelf or homeschooling curriculum.
I haven't read half of it yet, but, everything written by Jefferson or Madison is wonderfully reasoned and persuasive. A joy to read and an insight to all that was on their minds then.
I added two documents, anyone interested in this should also get
the Articles of Confederation
and The Constitution of the Confederate States of America
Most recent customer reviews
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Americas > United States
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Political Science
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Americas > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Federal Government