Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 23, 2008
What a treasure house of incredible artists' books! I had to turn off the tv for this one, and spent two and a half hours lost in its pages, as my head was filled to overflowing with inspiration and amazement! It is difficult to describe the variety, beauty, imagination, and innovative genius reflected in this display of original handmade books. This is a book that will make you say "OOOOOH!" out loud! It's a wonderful reference book for book artists, book arts teachers, or for anyone who simply loves to look at and appreciate beautiful and amazing works of art. The books are beautifully presented, without commentary, in excellent color reproduction. My only regret was not to be able to turn the pages of the books shown and go deeper into them!
0Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 20, 2012
This book is not meant to be a "how-to" book......it was meant as inspiration.....there are lots of books about how to make a book.....M. Jacobs...S Laplantz....these are the two that I think about first.....but this book was a jumping off point.....my friend and I have made books for many years now,and we needed some inspiration and this was the book for that..we changed bindings and mixed pieces from one to the other....painted pages with colors we had never thought would worked and learned something about us....a great book and I have a list of of "books for inspirations"

All I can say is bring on more.....they are all inspiring....
on October 8, 2014
I bougth The "500 HANDMADE BOOKS VOL 2" too, so my expectations about this book are the same I wrote about it.
This is an incredible book: the pictures, information about it, binding, printing quality. All book is a treasure to be in a library!
Is important to my carrear (Ilustration) because I can see some ideas, for example, to my presentation work, kind of paper to be used in a proyect .and different elements to join in a proyect.
So I can see "1000" handmade books now!!!!
on October 7, 2013
500 Handmade Books beautifully photographed. Do you love books? Art books? Handmade art books? Are you looking for inspiration making your own handmade books? This book is a gorgeous compilation of a variety of handmade books. You will surely enjoy perusing it and finding your own inspiration. Bibliophiles delight!
on July 23, 2008
I bought this book as a gift for a friend who hand-makes beautiful books of her own, and now I'm back to buy another copy for myself. The quality of the photography and the book itself, plus the beauty of the unusual hand-made books pictured, make this a must-have for those who appreciate this artform. There are no instructions here ... just page after page of "eye-candy" and breath-taking inspiration. The other book of this type that I love is The Penland Book of Handmade Books: Master Classes in Bookmaking Techniques (Master Classes in Bookmaking)
on May 10, 2013
... did I think I would find such a treasure. I've had this book only a few weeks, and already it is showing sign of wear, because I can NOT stop thumbing through it! There is already an obscene amount of Post-It notes sticking out in every direction, so I can quickly find the pages that move me. This is already one of my favorite reference books, and my go-to place for inspiration.

**This is not a how-to guide, or an instruction guide for various methods. Rather, it is a fantastic collection of artist books.
on May 25, 2009
This is a great book for anyone who wants to see what can be accomplished by book making artists.

If you want a "How to" book on the subject of making books look elsewhere, but if you want to see what can be accomplished this is the first book you should buy.
on December 29, 2012
Should have read more about this book, but it is really like a photograph album of various handmade books. I will give it to my instructor as she is really into seeing the products made by others.
on June 21, 2013
Lots of good illustrations and narrative. This was very helpful in making up my mind on venturing into handmade books. I recommend it.
on June 18, 2015
Such a beautiful book full of inspiration. It is a much loved part of my "handmade books" library collection.