Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 124 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 135 reviews
So many ways to make super simple, uncomplicated and delicious smoothies. This is a gem of a book with lots of variations on the standard breakfast options, but where it shines is the extra recipes for the dessert types and the adult beverage based mixes. This is not geared just for the folks focused only on health food or weight loss - there are so many other ideas here.

My favorites so far are the Mango, Coconut & Lime smoothie on page 75 - 4 ingredients and you have a tart cold summer refreshment that's perfect while reading on the deck. My mother is a fan of the Mango and Cardamon Lassi on page 195 - I make this for her whenever she visits. There are several options for "Boozy Smoothies" in the last section of the book - Fruity Gin Fizz and Passion fruit Margaritas have both been popular with guests here. Generally, this is a well rounded little book.
on August 4, 2013
This book does not have a detailed index or a list of recipes so you have to go to back and forth trying to find something. Most smoothie recipes are the same recipe over and over with one or two ingredients being changed. I use a Vitamix so after a while, you really don't need a recipe book, just imagination.
on March 28, 2016
This is a great little book but contains so many wonderful smoothie and juice recipes. I found it hard for me to just come up with my own recipes so I found this book and was so excited to get it. I just love the smoothie recipes. Instead of going out and buying expensive ice cream treats I just use my blender and make my own healthy deserts at home. Saves money on gas too. I would recommend this to a friend or a family member. Such a great size to in a small kitchen, when space is limited.
I was initially thrilled reading the recipes until I kept seeing " put it through juice extractor". I don't own a juice extractor. So now I'll either have to use my blender and "strain" or just skip the dozens upon dozens of "juice" recipes this book has. Other than that, the book has some great looking smoothie recipes that call for blending which I'll use my new nutri ninja IQ blender with
on March 31, 2017
So many recipes if your a smoothie lover worth your buy, they have some amazing ideas.
on September 5, 2014
Everything I needed to know for a healthier way to prepare and utilize vegetable and fruit for nutritional smoothies and juices. Drink up for better health.
on March 6, 2013
This book has it all. We have tried only a fraction of the recipes in here but the ones we have tried are outstanding. This book along with our new blender make great companions.
on February 1, 2015
I got this as a present for my dad because he wanted to start incorporating better foods into his diet. He is generally a traditional Amerivan diet lover (burgers, hot dogs, fries, milk shakes) but has found that he loves to try new smoothies! He has been using different recipes daily, and as a result, has been inspired to eat better and be more active.
on October 20, 2014
Juice for health. Great recipes. Love it!
on October 15, 2013
Well, I was hoping for a lot more variety. I suppose it is good for someone just beginning, like me; but I wasn't too impressed by the slight variations of the recipes to meet 500.