|Hard Drive||500 GB|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
WD Blue SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch 500GB Internal SSD Solid State Drive (WDS500G1B0A)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sequential read speeds of up to 545MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 525MB/s.
- An industry-leading 1.75M hours Mean Time To Failure (MTTF) and several error-correction technologies for lasting reliability.
- Optimized for multitasking to simultaneously run resource-heavy applications without system slow-down.
- Available in 2.5”/7mm and M.2 2280 models to accommodate most PCs.
- WD FIT Lab™ certification for compatibility across a wide range of laptop and desktop computers.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
A Form For Every PC
Available in 2.5” 7mm and M.2 2280 versions, WD Blue SSDs are ready to accommodate most laptop and desktop PC form factors.
Optimized for multitasking and high-end computing, WD Blue solid state drives offer superior performance with industry-edge reliability. With extensive WD F.I.T Lab compatibility testing, a WD Blue SSD lets you upgrade your digital storage with confidence.
- Read speeds up to 545MB/s and write speeds up to 525MB/s for blazing fast performance*.
- An industry-leading 1.75M hours mean time to failure(MTTF) for lasting reliability. Based on internal testing Telcordia stress part testing.
- Optimized for multitasking and resource-heavy applications.
A WD Blue SSD has read speeds of up to 545MB/s and write speeds of up to 525MB/s for faster application response times and boosted transfer speeds. With WD Blue SSDs, you get the speed to easily run high-end applications like video games, HD media players, or creative software.
*Read/Write speed performance is based on internal testing using CrystalDiskMark. Performance may vary based on host device. 1 MB = 1,000,000 bytes.
A Leader In Reliability
With a 1.75M hour mean time to failure (MTTF)1 and an endurance rating of up to 400 terabytes written (TBW)**, WD Blue SSDs are ready to run for years to come. Along with several error-correcting technologies, WD Blue solid state drives protect your data with lasting reliability.
**TBW (terabytes written) values calculated using JEDEC client workload (JESD219) and vary by product capacity.
"Western Digital's 1TB Blue delivers a true tier-one SSD experience that is sure to please, which is why it is TweakTown recommended.
-Jon Coulter, “Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA III SSD Review,” TweakTown 12/13/2016".
WD Blue SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 Inch 500GB Internal SSD Solid State Drive
Top customer reviews
Took an image of the drive and finished in 2 min and 33 seconds.
If you're not comfortable with some of the finer nuances of disk drives, partitions, disk repair, and other utilities then you may want to get a friend to help install.
So, despite all that, the HDD is now up and running and seems to be working just fine. I will say it's a good value to get a 1TB drive for this price.
For most users, unless you are very impatient when first booting up and an extra 30 seconds is really that valuable, you probably don't need and SSD. The same money will buy you a fast HDD with 8 times the capacity.
Whether or not it is right for you depends on your needs. Just to boot fast to me makes no sense. But if your app demands access fast and you are relying on swap file due to limited RAM this will make a difference.