- Series: Barron's Foreign Language Guides
- Paperback: 768 pages
- Publisher: Barron's Educational Series; 6 edition (January 1, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0764179837
- ISBN-13: 978-0764179839
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (136 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #32,984 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
501 French Verbs: with CD-ROM (Barron's Foreign Language Guides) 6th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The bulk of this book are the listings of the verbs with all of their conjugations. Most of the verbs get a full page with a table of the conjugations and several example usages. Some important verbs get more pages. It is the valuable conjugation tables that cause the problems with the Kindle version.
All of the verb conjugation tables (and many other full pages) are stored in graphic table form, not text. This means that:
1) the print is so small on the Kindle (far smaller than the smallest Kindle font) that the bold print is barely readable if you can read really fine print
2) the blue text on those pages (headings and other important highlights) are rendered such a light gray that they are almost invisible on the Kindle
3) you must zoom in to have any chance of reading the tables. It just zooms in a little bit, so the text is still almost unreadable, especially the blue (as light gray) print. And having to zoom in all the time is a pain.
4) THIS IS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM - You can't search on text in graphic table form. So the bulk of this book is unsearchable. With the print book I can find the verb I want in seconds. I tried everything I could think of for 15 minutes and couldn't find a specific verb page on the Kindle. Search doesn't work, flipping pages is too slow on the Kindle, and there is no way to jump 10 or 100 pages at a time to try to find it.
5) There seem to be gaps or bugs in the file. When flipping pages it sometimes hangs or jumps to the wrong place.Read more ›
Aside from the titular 501 French words, there is an appendix with 1001 words, referring the reader to a verb conjugated similarly to ones not included in the original 501.
You want this book.
BTW, I have the Kindle DX, so this is not a size issue.
The cd has the quizzes of the book; that's greater because I learn better and faster by screen than by book.
A good purchase to be sure! The author even answered my letter [with my question]!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A must have if you are learning French. It uses commonly used verbs and their complete conjugations and supplements the most commonly used verbs with a supplement of relevant... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Magyar Gastronome
Would not have survived French without this. If you're having trouble learning French, I would definitely recommend buying this book along side your lessons.Published 5 months ago by RHB
Works well on the computer, but extremely cumbersome to navigate on the Kindle.Published 6 months ago by Whistler
Super useful for any student or someone just looking to refresh. I'm "fluent" but like to refresh myselfPublished 7 months ago by Chelsea