Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
$52.45? I just wonder, why is this item double the price listed at Lego's online store ($24.99)?
asked by BerBar on December 7, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
Agreed, everyone just hit your local Target or TrU. Don't feed the marketplace trolls.
Xen answered on December 7, 2011
Comment | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Now it's up to $53.47! I bought this same set through Amazon a couple of weeks ago and got it for $19.99! I should have bought 2... But seriously, WHO is going to pay $53.47 for something they can get at their local Walmart or Target for 1/2 that price?
Monkeysmomma answered on December 7, 2009
Comment | 12 of 14 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Agreed -- everywhere else, including Toys R Us, sells it for $24.99, which is much more in line with what you should be paying for what you get. Amazon should screen their sellers a little bit better to protect their customers from being ripped off.
E. Ng answered on December 12, 2008
Comment | 17 of 22 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I totally agree, just two days ago this was less than half the price here on Amazon. I guess I'll be going to Target to get it for the MSRP
Katherine Lewinski answered on December 1, 2009
Comment | 12 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They must have gone up since I bought this set on Amazon just 3 weeks ago, I didn't pay $52.45 for it. I would have passed it by for that price! And NO you don't get very many if you are thinking you will have enough blocks to fill up the box as they only take up maybe a forth of the box.
Gayle Cook answered on November 24, 2013
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is extortion! Don't pay this amount!!!
Layna K Fitzpatrick answered on December 16, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i bought the exact same thing two weeks ago on Amazon for $27.
you're getting ripped off.
redscarletto answered on December 16, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The 3rd party sellers are marking it up because it's out of stock on amazon.
jem2424 answered on December 16, 2013

A
I paid $24 for the same set at Sam's Club. I sure would not pay anymore than that for what you get.
Sue M. Klein answered on January 3, 2014

A
It debuted 24 Oct 2007 and the guy at the local Lego Store said they weren't getting anymore because LEGO was discontinuing this item. I'm not sure if that's true or not but definitely don't pay over msrp of $29.99.
DB Cooper answered on January 20, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product