- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B06XNRKNNP
- Item model number: 551SBKOD-DenisParent
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (431 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,830 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Benchmade - Griptilian 551
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BLADE STYLE: 3.45" (8.76cm) Drop-point style blade, weighing only 3.88oz (110.00g).
- AMERICAN MADE STEEL: 154CM (58-61HRC) stainless steel with well-rounded characteristics, including good edge retention, overall toughness, and corrosion resistance.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: Injection molded, GFN (Glass Filled Nylon) handle offers exceptional strength to weight, stainless steel liners, screws, AXIS, and coated reversible tip-up clip.
- INNOVATIVE AXIS MECHANISM: Ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from two omega-style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar its inertia to engage the knife tang.
- AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: The Oregon-based Benchmade factory employs modern laser cutters and CNC machining centers that offer control and tolerances found in the aerospace industry. Precision is that of half the width of a human hair.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
The blade comes very sharp, and holds an edge well. When it is resharpening time, it is very easy to put a nice, clean edge on it. It steel is very rust resistant.
As ever, the Axis lock is strong. I can't imagine a stronger lockup, or one that is easier to use. As with every Griptilian that I have bought, however, I did need to back the pivot screw off just a bit so that I could grip the lock and flip it open and shut. I always do this to the absolute minimum necissary, then I oil it and flip it a bunch of times to get things running smooth.
As it comes from the factory there is no blade play. If you back off the pivot screw, like I did, you may introduce a bit of play. If this bothers you, you may have to sacrifice the ability to flick it open while pulling the Axis lock after you tighten the pivot up again. This is no problem, as the thumb studs are tactile and make deployment easy.
The handle is a reinforced nylon like material. So people complain that this makes it feel cheap, but I don't really agree. Anybody who picks this thing up and uses it a bit is going to know it is an exceptional knife. There is gimping on the sides and outer edges to give you a solid grip. My only complaint is the gimping on the sides is very agressive, and I worry about it shredding my pockets. I wish they would put a flat spot under the clip similar to what Spyderco does on the Delica.
So if this is such a great knife, is it in my pocket everyday? No, it is not. I prefer my Benchmade 940. The Griptilian is a rugged knife that you can beat on, but part of why I carry a knife that costs the better part of $200 is that special feeling you get when you pull it out of your pocket. However, if I couldn't carry the 940, the Griptilian, or its baby brother the Mini Grip, would be a strong contender for my pocket real estate.