Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 1,266 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,321 reviews
on October 12, 2012
I read lots of reviews and understood that the generic batteries are somewhat of a gamble. I was skeptical at first, but the battery fitted very well and looks almost as white as the macbook (who cares about colour anyway). Even without calibrating the battery it had 74% when it first arrived. After calibrating, it charged nicely to 100%. The way I see it, for $25 you can buy 3 or 4 batteries and it would still not come close to the price of the original Apple battery. To minimize risk I ordered from fulfillment by Amazon. Of course, I will keep updating the review depending on the performance of the battery overtime. On a side note, my macbook worked great for 4.5 years so no complaints. I believe my girlfriend ruined the battery as I have an identical macbook that is still running great with the original battery. To sum it up, give it a try.

08/2013 - Update one year later: no issues, still works nicely. Exceeds expectations. It appears to me that since currently so many vendors sell this generic battery, it is impossible to determine if you will get the same battery that I did.
88 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2014
This battery basically blew up inside my laptop after 2 months. I bought 2, and the other one is still working in another laptop.
review image
on September 6, 2013
After reading wildly positive and wildly negative reviews, I took a chance. I'm perfectly satisfied with the battery. It works just fine. I'm thrilled to have saved so much money.
on April 17, 2017
This battery does not hold a charge well, when sitting, unused. I have another which is a year older, and has seen considerably more use, and yet another which is four years older and has seen a LOT more use, and both of them still hold a charge MUCH longer than this one. And there are so many out there to choose from. I recommend avoiding this one.
review image
on December 27, 2013
This battery fit PERFECTLY into a mid 2007 Macbook. Yes the shade of white was slightly different but who cares. Makes no sense to buy Apple at $100+ for use in a laptop that you can buy on eBay for $250. First I changed the power settings to never shut down or dim the display or stop the hard drive while on battery. This is so the computer would discharge a full battery quickly. I then installed the new battery and charged it up to 100% which took about an hour (it came from the factory charged to 60%). I then unplugged the charger and left the computer on (full brightness and screen saver working hard until the laptop shut itself down. I then left it shut down for about five more hours as MacBooks shut themselves down early leaving some battery power which you will want to dissipate. I then charged it back up to 100% and did the whole process a second time. Once charged back to 100%, I changed the battery energy settings back to normal and started using the computer as normal. I get about three hours of heavy usage (watching a DVD) and more like 5 hours of normal usage when running on just the battery. I am very satisfied with this purchase.
on June 15, 2015
Purchased this battery in Feb... took a little bit to get it charged.. worked ok for a while... now its turning off by itself, and says 'service battery' ... I don't think I can recommend purchasing from this seller because the battery didnt last me more than 5 cycles

I know I didnt use the laptop for a short while... but now that I want to..... this is the condition

Battery Information:

Condition: Check Battery
Battery Installed: Yes
Amperage (mA): -1722
Voltage (mV): 11785

Maybe they will support their product?

Sincerely Tim
on November 5, 2012
If I could rate this a zero, I definitely would. Lesson learned. In the world of after market batteries, in my experience, this one is a fail, . When I put this battery in and tried to lock in place, the locking mechanism jammed on my macbook. After using two mini screwdrivers to free the mechanism, I tried again to re-seat this battery, but it just didn't feel like it was right. But, it locked in place. I let it drain down to total death, plugged my macbook in and waited. It says it could take 14 hours to charge. I gave it 24. After 24 hours, I powered up and this battery was a dud. It hadn't charged at all. My macbook would only power on while plugged in. AND the tracpad on my macbook would not work at all! It felt as if the battery was pushing up against the back side and rendered it completely useless. I would say this battery was a total loss in my macbook 13". When I put my apple brand back in, everything worked just as it did before I put this piece of garbage battery in there. I read so many reviews before deciding it couldn't hurt to try this product. My experience was less than impressive, in fact, it made me downright manic when I discovered my tracpad wasn't working. I thought it was the macbook suddenly going bananas. Nope. The battery was a waste of my time. Returned for a refund. Not taking my chances on another. I'll pay full price and buy what I know to be tried and true.
on February 4, 2014
I purchased one of these batteries in the fall, as my factory battery was failing, and I was reluctant to spend over $100 on a 5 year old laptop. When the replacement battery arrived, I installed it and all was right with the world. Well, at least until morning. Overnight my MacBook decided it did not want to recognize the battery.

Like some reviewers, I found that hot swapping the battery could work, but even then performance was flaky. By this point, I had given up on the replacement battery, and sat it aside.

One thing I noticed is that when the battery came the charge level indicator lights were on and remained on all of the time. I had assumed this 'feature' was an oversight on the 3rd party engineers, but now believe that this behavior may be related to the issues these batteries have.

Being too lazy to send it back, I came across the battery yesterday, and decided to give it one more shot. I hot swapped it, and found the battery was completely discharged, but the battery was properly recognized in the system profiler, something it hadn't done since the first time I installed it. I used the battery and let it fully charge, and waited for the charge to complete so the battery could become properly calibrated. Note: It takes some time for the charge to complete. System profiler will list the number of mA*hr for the capacity as full, but the onscreen indicator will report 99% and finishing charge while the mag safe light remains yellow, but the charge does eventually complete and the mag safe light turn green.

After allowing the battery to sit discharged for an extended period, the battery's internal setting or other bug has seemed to reset itself, and the battery functions properly. The charge level lights work properly, the battery is recognized, and has continued to perform properly through restarts with the power adapter attached, and without external power.

As far as battery life, it doesn't last as long as the original factory batter when it was brand new, but my laptop experiences other issues these days as well. The fans run more often, as I feel the thermal paste may need replacing, but I can still get 2-3 hours of browsing and performing work that is not processor intensive on a full charge, which is much better the 15-20 minutes I was down to with the old battery.

After dealing with the issues related to this battery, I can say that I'm satisfied with the battery, but would not recommend this battery if you are in immediate need of a replacement. If you are picking up a spare to keep on hand for extended working time, and can allow the battery to sit for an extended period to fully discharge, then it is well worth the price.
on December 6, 2015
Sorry folks, this battery won't solve your problems. Like anyone looking at this review, I have an old (but perfect working) Macbook that would no longer take a charge. The only way I could use the computer was with it plugged in. So it was time to buy a battery to replace the original. I picked this one up for cheap and hoped it would solve my issue. The first thing I noticed is that the battery would only last about an hour on a full charge. I wasn't too concerned with this because I rarely need to use it for more than an hour. However, all my problems have come back and this new battery will not take a charge. I again have to keep my computer plugged in to use it and this new battery is worthless. I have to say I didn't expect this battery to be as good as the original and last me multiple years but I'm writing this review because a bought the battery on Aug. 30 and just barely got 3 months out of it. I'd hate for anyone to make the same mistake I did. I guess buying a certified Apple battery is the way to go.
on June 7, 2014
Item smelled of chemicals when opened. After plugging it into my computer to calibrate, it immediately died even though the status said 65% charge remaining. I thought maybe it was a fluke so I tried resetting my computers SMC and rebooting.... then I noticed the battery said "Not charging" in the top corner. The charge read 85% and wouldn't go any higher. I contacted the seller who replied "charge it to 100% first and then calibrate it" too bad that is impossible because it won't charge above 85% no matter what I do. Not very happy with this item... I knew it was too good to be true but I didn't think it would be defective straight out of the gate.